Accountancy Forum
Dr. Aamir Liaqat - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dr. Aamir Liaqat (/showthread.php?tid=1133)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Dr. Aamir Liaqat - Pracs - 09-19-2004

Dr. Aamir Liaqat (of GEO fame) is the new Minister of state for relegious affairs,.. I for one would be following his political career as a minsiter with interest...

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- majsonline - 09-21-2004

Hae Pracs, why do you show so much interest in Aamir Liaquat (ughhhhhhhhhhhh) as the new minister for religious affairs?????
He is no different from others. He is just a tv anchor and a party activist. That's it. He is not goona change any thing.

- Azeem Shah Khan - 09-21-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hae Pracs, why do you show so much interest in Aamir Liaquat (ughhhhhhhhhhhh) as the new minister for religious affairs?????
He is no different from others. He is just a tv anchor and a party activist. That's it. He is not goona change any thing.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

did he ask for anyone's opinion on what he thinks. dont think so???

by the way who is Dr Amir Liaquat??? otherthan GEO fame?

azeem

- majsonline - 09-22-2004

He is the person anchoring the Aalim Online on Geo, plus he has plunged into politics and is a NA member. Was never seen anywhere before the advent of GEO.

- Pracs - 09-22-2004

Yes that is what i was interested in, who is he ? all i know that he is a medical doctor who started anchoring this overwhelmingly popular islamic talkshow... which party does he belong to MQM or the Q league... is he from a poilitical/military/bureaucraic family and what do people make of him ,, as a member pointed out here that he is like any other politician ...!!

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- smraza - 09-22-2004

as far as i know about him, he is politician, member of NA representing MQM (Haq Parast), he is well educated and well mannered politician i have ever seen. He was very well known personality if we talk about the Karachi only. But now the whole country knows him due to his appearance in Talk show on GEO Tv named Aalim Online.

SMR

- ahmed - 09-22-2004

AoA
to add to knowledge "he is 2 times winner of all Asia debate competition")
Allah Hafiz

u never know

- Pracs - 09-24-2004

Thanks for the info.... just curious ie.

- rigel786 - 10-18-2004

Dr. Aamer Liaquat Hussain, M.B.B.S, PHD, has the distinction of being GEO,s first newscaster & has subsequently became the channels leading anchor and host. He is a household name and his programme Aalim Online has completely revolutionized the concept of religious programming in the region. By placing scholars from different sects of Islam on the same panel, Aalim online has gone a long way in creating an environment of sectarian harmony.

Born on July 5th, 1971 in Karachi, Dr. Aamer Liaquat Hussain belongs to a family that has been prominent in politics. He studied medicine at the University of Sindh and while still a student excelled in debates, journalism, broadcasting & campus politics.

It was during his university days that Dr. Aamir Liaquat became an icon of the debating fraternity winning the “Best Debator of Asia” award bestowed by the International Youth Congress, United Nations. In addition he was declared “Best Debator of Pakistan” {Eight Times}, Sindh {Thrice} & Karachi, {17 times}.

His interest in journalism flowered in the nineties when he joined “The Daily Percham” as its editor. Under his stewardship the newspaper attained new heights. Dr. Aamer Liaqat worked for “Radio Asia” in the UAE, as program director and was the named best Urdu Newsreader by the Government of Ras Al Khaima, United Arab Emirates.

Prior to joining Geo as a Director, Aamer Liaqat worked in the social sectors as program manager of the Teachers Resource Centre, a well known NGO devoted to education.

Aamer has the distinction of presenting a marathon National Solidarity Program which he conducted for 14 hours without a break. This was a milestone in Pakistan’s broadcast history.

Dr. Amir has a sensitive nature and his poems reflect this side of his personality. A collection of his poetry was published under the title “Sarey Zamaney Ki Sada Hai” {My voice is the voice of times}.

His thesis on “Islam and Terrorism” earned him a doctorate from Trinity College in 2001.

Dr.Amer Liaqat was elected to the National assembly in 2002 and is a legislator of distinction.

The President of Pakistan, General Parvaiz Musharaf is a self confessed fan of Dr.Liaqat and his program Aalim Online. To quote the president

- smraza - 10-19-2004

Incomplete copy paste

Let me complete if u dont mind.

The President of Pakistan, General Parvaiz Musharaf is a self confessed fan of Dr.Liaqat and his program Aalim Online. To quote the president

“Aalim on line is doing a great service for Islam. Dr.Aamer Liaqat is amazing. I like to watch him and hear him. He is doing a great service for Islam through Geo. I am the biggest fan of Dr. Aamer Liaqat Hussain.”

Praise indeed, from the most powerful of the land. Such fulsome praise has been showered on him by fans that are from every class, every gender and every age.

Contactaamer.liaquat@geo.tv

SMR

- rigel786 - 10-19-2004

thanks,i am new here and by chance opened this forum and saw people interested and curious, so i pasted it from the site.though it turned out to be a large message, sorry about that.

- Guddi - 10-20-2004

Mr.Liaquat
A'lim be amal .
The first chalak step to prepare Pakistan into Turkey .

- Azeem Shah Khan - 10-21-2004

hi guddi please explain your point of view in detail - for discussion.

regards

azeem

- Pracs - 10-21-2004

Thanks rigel and SMR,.. i guess i know enough about the Doc now...

- Guddi - 10-22-2004

To public practice doctor needs degree ,accountants needs degrees .
To preach a delicate matter like religion to ppl and general public
u must also have a degree or have enuf knowledge.

Amir Liaquat is a doctor of medicine not Islam .

what he knows ? Just General Musharraf likes him ?

And many "drmatized body language " to attract ppl .