Accountancy Forum
Dr. Aamir Liaqat - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dr. Aamir Liaqat (/showthread.php?tid=1133)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Pracs - 11-29-2004

I attended Dr. Ahmed Deedat's lectures in Sharjah (apart from his videos ofcourse) and I must say he is the most eleqouent speaker ever, his knowledge of relegions (not just the dogmas) is amazing. I think its not fair to compare Dr. Amir ! I mean Dr. Ahmed Deedat has converted quite a many non believers to the fold of Islam and his 'Dawa' organisation is doing some amazing work.

I have'nt seen Dr. Zakir (the indian guy) so can't say much about that.!!

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- Apocalypse - 11-30-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
salamz to all
oh my god ...im amaized to see that most of u guys are against of Dr aamer ...and now i think u people are not against u all are jelouse of his knowled his looks and infect jelouse of his personality .....u like zakir naik b'coz he is from india but u dont like Dr aamer b'coz he is pakistani ....u guys are so mean .....may llah show u the right path....
take care
allah hafiz
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

This is one of the greatest example of Narrow mindedness

- sania - 01-22-2005

<font color=red></font id=red>[yellDr Amir Liaquat’s Message for Pakistani Americans
Interview By Shabbir Ghori
Alim On Line is a television program that is watched in the United States and all over the world. Karachi the capital city of Sindh is full of life.

Emphasizing a point
During the previous general election Karachiites voted for the Muttahida Qaumi Movement as a result of which Muttahida’s elected members reached the assemblies and the party also got the governorship of the province.

Dr Amir Liaquat Hussain while being politically associated with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and a director of Geo TV, is also the Minister of the State for Religious Affairs.

It was a cool and pleasant evening when Dr Amir Liaquat was being interviewed by the Pakistan Link. Talking of his educational background, Dr Amir said, “Besides doing MBBS, I have also done PhD in Islamic Studies.” He said, “Islam is a wide and comprehensive topic; however, having very little knowledge of the subject I try to inform general masses what exactly Islam is.”
Discussing the most popular program “Alim On Line” Dr Amir said, “I always talk on the issue of Islam while keeping the feelings and belief of people in view. I talk about modern Islam with open mind. I myself have done no creation but always discussed what Islam says. Making any amendment to the most comprehensive and complete religion of Islam is out of question. No one can do this.” Perhaps Dr Amir Liaquat said this as he has been targeted for criticism with different references.

He said, “Such a concept (criticism) developed among people who thought as if I was going to present a new Islam. God forbid, I am a small creature of Almighty Allah, how can I dare make any amendment to the Islam that has been completed and implemented by the Holy Prophet Mohammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallum. I only wanted to present some aspects of the religion under some topic or caption as you know that every picture without caption is incomplete and so that leaves incomplete information. Those who do not have the guts to see the other side of the picture cannot enjoy the right picture of Islam. I tried to tell people about Islam. I had said that Islam is a religion that is a complete guidance of life for human beings. My intention was to present Islam in the simplest way to attract the attention of people as against the religious scholars who present the religion in the hardest form while remaining in a set perimeter.”
Throwing light on his political career and background, Dr Amir said, he entered politics in 1988 by joining the All Pakistan Mohajir Students Organisation (APMSO). However, he said he was not so active in the organization. But at the same time he was the editor of an Urdu newspaper ‘Parcham’ which was a strong spokesman for the MQM. “I always had my own reservations about politics. But, I did not happen to come into politics by chance. President Pervez Musharraf invited me to extend my help in various national affairs. So, for this purpose, I found it necessary to make myself active in my own party before coming into the mainstream of politics. I am proud of being associated with MQM, which is the party of downtrodden masses. I admire the leadership of Altaf Hussain and say openly that whatever I am today is all because of my party. If I am a minister then that is surely because of the party. I have no personal identity but my identity is MQM.”

Dr. Amir Liaquat with Mr. Shabbir Ghori

It may be mentioned here that Dr Amir Liaquat Hussain is currently facing strong criticism from various circles. In this regard he said, “I had said a bitter truth. However, it is a fact that Pakistan will need some more years to listen to truth. I came up with a truth and immediately realized that I should have taken time to say that. For this reason I extended my apologies feeling that my comments might hurt the feelings of some circles.
In response to a question that there are hundreds of thousands Pakistanis settled in the United States and if he would like to give any message to them, he said, “I have been receiving invitations from the United States to visit there. I am however, waiting for an invitation from Canada, so that I could visit both the countries in one trip. I think if people love me, they want to listen to me, then I must go there to present my point of view.
“My message for American Muslims and Pakistanis is to understand what exactly Islam is. They must understand that prayers, fasting, Hajj, Zakat, are the pillars of Islam and following the path of Islam is the duty of every Muslim. Allah Almighty does not like prayers, which are offered for show-off. There is much more than the prayers, as the poet of the East, Allama Iqbal has said ‘There are more worlds beyond stars and the humanity has to take a number of tests to qualify for making a place in the world hereafter.’

“If you find someone in distress, embrace him and encourage him. Maintain polite attitude with others. Allah likes people who love other human beings. Allah loves them who think of the rights of others. While under the prevailing circumstances, it is pity that we never think of others rights. Rights of Allah are actually the Rights of Human Beings. A Muslim offers sacrifice in Hajj while by paying Zakat the Muslim does away with his burden. Fasting promotes patience and prayers five times a day keep the Muslim away from wrongdoings. So, this proves that the Rights of Allah are actually the Rights of Human Beings. In my opinion, Rights of Allah is half of Islam while the remaining 50 per cent of Islam is Rights of Human Beings. It is said in the Holy Qur’an, ‘O people, you will have no Mercy of Allah as long as you don’t do good to the other human beings on the earth.’ This gives us lesson that we should maintain an atmosphere of love and brotherhood in our societies.”

Dr. Amir Liaquat with Family
Discussing the statement of Muttahida leader, Altaf Hussain about the two-nation theory, Dr Amir Liaquat said that Altaf Hussain has said nothing wrong. This is actually a debatable issue and it should not be made a matter of ego or personal liking and disliking. Those who are coming up with negative opinion on this issue should think that what exactly is behind this statement of Muttahida leader. They should try to find out what are the realities hidden in this point of Altaf Hussain. We should instead of criticizing, debate on the issue.

On the of the All Parties Conference called by the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and later postponed for obvious reasons, Dr Amir Liaquat said that other parties had chalked out their own schedules so there was no way out but to postpone it for the time being. Most parties and assembly members were busy in their rallies and other engagements so we put this conference off temporarily, but it is on our agenda.

Discussing about his family, Dr Amir said he is married and the name of his wife is Bushra. He has a son Ahmed who is six-year-old. His daughter Dua is two-and-a-half-year old.

Dr Amir’s wife got fame through a television program ‘Chhoti si Naiki’. This program was liked all over the world. This programme while becoming the identity of my wife, made people perform good in their lives. This program will now be telecast every week through Geo network under the sponsorship of big concerns. This 30-minute program will also be seen in the United States and Canada.

During the interview Bushra Amir, Ahmed and Dua also joined the discussion and it took a new and interesting turn. Both, husband and wife praised each other from the depth of their hearts. Their views showed that they are close aides of each other. About Bushra, Dr Amir said that she is not a demanding lady like other women, but she is a loving wife, a caring mother and the best daughter-in-law.
Bushra said Dr Amir very rarely shows his anger and is a loving husband.

Dr Amir said that a woman is behind every successful man and “my success is my wife Bushra. But, I cannot forget the prays of my mother.” Bushra Amir did her Masters after marriage and is now studying law.
“After marriage we spent seven years in a rented house and now we are living in a house which we have taken on installments,” Dr Amir said, adding, “being a federal minister I could have indulged into corruption to earn money and make assets but I did not do that because this is not the manifesto of our party. I am happy with what I am getting as remunerations from Geo and as a federal minister. My resources are limited but I am able to keep my family happy.”
ow][/yellow]<font color=pink></font id=pink><font color=black></font id=black>

sania

- yasirpervaiz - 01-22-2005

Hey now thts wat i call Information managment ......... wooooooo

- Bowman - 01-24-2005

Hi...

By the way, did any of you guys saw the 'Grilling' of Dr. Amir Liaquat Hussain by Dr. Shahid Masood in his program 'Views on News' aired on ARY ONE.

The guy turned red while answering the questions of Dr. Masood.

- AvgJoe - 01-25-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi...

By the way, did any of you guys saw the 'Grilling' of Dr. Amir Liaquat Hussain by Dr. Shahid Masood in his program 'Views on News' aired on ARY ONE.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Hey Bowman. I was lucky enough to watch it. At first, I thought about giving a reference of it over here but then I thought otherwise because of the blindness of people over here.

All supporters of "Aamir bhai" should have watched this interview to get a real picture of the guy. He basically couldnt answer any question right & was just beating the bush. I dont know why people call him a nice debator. The only only thing he is good at is diverting from the topic & not letting the other person speak. He wasnt able to answer any question directly & Dr. Shahid Masood really "grilled" him on several questions.....I atleast thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, the interview showed us the real "politician" in him as opposed to the MISKEEN, AAJIZ, PRETENDING anchor shown on Alam Online @ GEO. I cant understand how a person can have such HYPOCRISY in him.

The program just confirmed my suspicions. Dr. Aamir is no more than a politician who would do anything to attain his goals. Even if it means using religion or ETHINICITY to exploit people. And I guess his ultimate aim is to be called "aamir bhai" alongside "altaf bhai" and maybe try to win mainstream election ,which "Altaf Bhai" couldnt manage to do.

CHEEERS,
AvgJoe

PS If u are a female fan of Dr. Aamir, or a "cutter" MQM supporter plz excuse me for presenting my views, as I have no intention of debating with u. You can hold on to ur views & let us hold on to ours.

- smraza - 01-25-2005

Ooopes, i missed to watch that program, does anybody know about the repeat telecast of that program????????

SMR

- sania - 01-28-2005

For decades, it has been a sight common to most Pakistani homes the bearded maulana teaching children the holy Quran. But what has changed over the last few years is the presence of a family elder at these private tuitions, irrespective of the child's gender. The family elder, though it's tacit, is there to deter the maulana from preying upon children for sexual gratification. Indeed, the maulana's penchant to sodomise the male child, or molest girls, has been Pakistan's darkest, best-kept secret.

Until it was made public last month at a most unusual venue a World AIDS Day conference in Islamabad.

Husain cited 500 cases of sexual abuse in 2004, 2,000 in 2003.

And the person who dared talk about it was the country's junior minister for religion, ushr and zakat, Dr Amir Liaquat Husain. The irrepressible minister, who conducts a weekly religious programme on a private TV channel, said Pakistan

must countenance the harsh truth about the madrassa's role in spreading AIDS. This was because, he offered to explain, maulanas are guilty of rampant sexual abuse of children.

There was an ironical backdrop to Husain's decision to blow the whistle. The Pakistan government has in recent times been trying to revamp the country's antediluvian madrassas, and also hoping they could, because of their tremendous clout, spread awareness about AIDS in society. Obviously, Husain assumed, the maulanas couldn't teach safe sex even as they abused their pupils. Lest his audience was unaware of how rampant the menace was in madrassas, the minister said, "During a raid on a madrassa in Karachi, I caught a cleric red-handed, abusing a student sexually. An inquiry was ordered."

Since that conference on December 1, Husain's remarks have continued to generate controversy, gathering momentum every day with clerics, the government and the minister's party, the MQM, joining issue.
The initial response of the clerics was to run for cover and keep mum on the affair. But as the western media picked up the contentious thread, the maulanas rallied to hit back as only they could. They issued death threats

The revelation comes when madrassas were being asked to help spread AIDS awareness.

to Husain.

Not one to be pummelled by the unholy passion of the maulanas, Husain began to reel out statistics to the media to bolster his case. There were 500 reported cases of sexual abuse involving the maulanas in 2004; it was as high as 2,000 in 2003; and, worse, there hasn't yet been a successful prosecution.

The fury of the fundamentalists prompted a nervous Shaukat Aziz government to ask the senior religious minister, Ijaz-ul-Haq, to mollify the clerics. In doing so, Ijaz was attempting to appease the constituency of fundamentalists whom his father, Zia-ul-Haq, had so assiduously cultivated. In the Senate, the conglomeration of religious parties, Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal, and even liberal parties like the Pakistan People's Party banded together to demand an apology from Husain. PPP spokesperson Farhatullah Babar told Outlook, "Actually, Husain made a sweeping statement and painted everyone black with his brush. He should have talked about specific examples."

The MQM found the heat difficult to bear. It asked Husain to apologise. Sans support from the political class and civil society, Husain relented he apologised in the last week of December. Some thought President Pervez Musharraf, whose post-9/11 rhetoric has been anti-fundamentalist, should have publicly backed Husain's fight against the maulanas. Musharraf, however, remained silent, though it is said he told the junior minister in private that he shouldn't have apologised.

Some western websites perceived a political dimension in the controversy. As one of these noted, rather gravely, "Rape is practised to break the spirit of the child and make him obedient to the extent that he can carry out terrorist acts, including suicide bombing.

The minister should take the funds available from foreign sources and simply take the pre-teen children out of residential seminaries, (besides) replacing them with normal (read secular) schools."

Others saw a global trend in the incidents of sexual abuse in Pakistan's religious seminaries. There have been infamous cases of Catholic priests sexually exploiting children in the West; there's also the cases surrounding the Kanchi math in India currently. With the 'faithful' betraying the faith the child reposes in them, psychologist Dr Iffat Hussain points out, "Abuse on children has devastating effects on their lives later on. Sexual abuse not only destroys the child's personality but also turns such abused individuals into culprits later on."

The controversy received a fresh impetus this week as the National AIDS Control Programme held a workshop in Islamabad. Its goal to convince religious leaders to encourage HIV/AIDS patients to use contraceptives instead of separating from their partners. They were also encouraged to talk about the HIV/AIDS kit in their Friday sermons. The moot question is is the mullah suited for the job?

Pakistani NGO SPARC (Society for Protection of the Rights of the Child) in its 2003 report says that an amount of $225 million has been earmarked to modernise 8,000 madrassas over three years. The modernisation programme, it is hoped, could also help spread consciousness about AIDS. Yet, the same report says 14 per cent of all child-abusers in 2003 were clerics. SPARC activists cite three specific cases from 2004 to illustrate sexual abuse of children and their brutalisation in religious seminaries.

Case One
In June 2004, when five-year-old Talha did not return from the Lajna mosque in Lahore, where he had gone to take Quranic lessons from Maulvi Mohammad Altaf, his mother went to fetch him. She found the boy in the corridor of the mosque, bleeding and unconscious; the maulvi was missing from the mosque. An fir was duly lodged. Altaf was subsequently arrested and Tahla identified him as the person who had sodomised him.

The family was determined to pursue the case. But soon different religious groups began to mount pressure on them to drop the case; the family was even told that these "maulvis have links with Al Qaeda". Pressure was, apparently, also brought upon the police. The family ultimately relented in July, agreeing to not pursue their case and withdrawing their witnesses.

Case Two
Sanam, 9, daughter of Mohammad Saleh Kori, a resident of the Microwave Colony, Sukkur, Sind, was a student of Abdul Wahid Chachar's madrassa. On February 15, 2004, at the end of her classes, Maulvi Abdul Wahid told her that she was his wife and would have to live with him. Sanam rushed out to tell her parents about the incident. When her father went to the madrassa to complain, Abdul produced a nikahnama bearing Kori and his daughter's signatures.

The father-daughter had been tricked into appending their signature to the marriage document. Apparently, the maulana had asked them to sign on a form, claiming it would enable the family to receive zakat (charity money). The illiterate father, obviously, couldn't distinguish between a zakat form and a nikahnama. Worse, the local Chachar tribesmen began pressuring him to hand over Sanam to Abdul.

Case Three
Child abuse in seminaries often involves physical torture. As in the case of 11-year-old Atif. Brutally assaulted at a seminary in Faisalabad, he is currently undergoing treatment at the Children's Hospital in Lahore. On May 1, 2004, he was quoted saying, "I was punished by the teacher who wanted to make an example of me because I dared to escape from the daily routine of beatings at the seminary." Once nabbed, he was chained and detained in a room at the seminary; Maulvi Mahboob Alam then beat him severely with an iron rod.The hospital's treatment note says the boy was brought in with a head injury and bruises all over the body. Atif's case came to light following the intervention of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan.

It's one thing to take legal action against culprits or modernise madrassas. It's quite another to retreat against the fury of fundamentalists keen to insulate their arcane world from scrutiny and criticism. A pity Pakistanis let down Husain

sania

- sania - 01-28-2005

<font color=blue></font id=blue>dr aamer said in his statement that he was also sexually abused in madarsa when he was 8.

sania

- syedhassan - 01-29-2005

Hi...

Hey Bowman. I was lucky enough to watch it. At first, I thought about giving a reference of it over here but then I thought otherwise because of the blindness of people over here.

All supporters of "Aamir bhai" should have watched this interview to get a real picture of the guy. He basically couldnt answer any question right & was just beating the bush. I dont know why people call him a nice debator. The only only thing he is good at is diverting from the topic & not letting the other person speak. He wasnt able to answer any question directly & Dr. Shahid Masood really "grilled" him on several questions.....I atleast thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, the interview showed us the real "politician" in him as opposed to the MISKEEN, AAJIZ, PRETENDING anchor shown on Alam Online @ GEO. I cant understand how a person can have such HYPOCRISY in him.

The program just confirmed my suspicions. Dr. Aamir is no more than a politician who would do anything to attain his goals. Even if it means using religion or ETHINICITY to exploit people. And I guess his ultimate aim is to be called "aamir bhai" alongside "altaf bhai" and maybe try to win mainstream election ,which "Altaf Bhai" couldnt manage to do.

CHEEERS,
AvgJoe

PS If u are a female fan of Dr. Aamir, or a "cutter" MQM supporter plz excuse me for presenting my views, as I have no intention of debating with u. You can hold on to ur views & let us hold on to ours.

hi all..
its was relly some show..
one could enjoy listening to it..
he surely is a great man...
but sometimes it seems that,
he starts loosing some grip over the topic
maybee, due to the "bulk of knowledge"
that he keeps....
regards..
syedhassan...

ACCA

- syedhassan - 01-29-2005

<font color=red></font id=red>[yellDr Amir Liaquat’s Message for Pakistani Americans
Interview By Shabbir Ghori
Alim On Line is a television program that is watched in the United States and all over the world. Karachi the capital city of Sindh is full of life.

Emphasizing a point
During the previous general election Karachiites voted for the Muttahida Qaumi Movement as a result of which Muttahida’s elected members reached the assemblies and the party also got the governorship of the province.

Dr Amir Liaquat Hussain while being politically associated with the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and a director of Geo TV, is also the Minister of the State for Religious Affairs.

It was a cool and pleasant evening when Dr Amir Liaquat was being interviewed by the Pakistan Link. Talking of his educational background, Dr Amir said, “Besides doing MBBS, I have also done PhD in Islamic Studies.” He said, “Islam is a wide and comprehensive topic; however, having very little knowledge of the subject I try to inform general masses what exactly Islam is.”
Discussing the most popular program “Alim On Line” Dr Amir said, “I always talk on the issue of Islam while keeping the feelings and belief of people in view. I talk about modern Islam with open mind. I myself have done no creation but always discussed what Islam says. Making any amendment to the most comprehensive and complete religion of Islam is out of question. No one can do this.” Perhaps Dr Amir Liaquat said this as he has been targeted for criticism with different references.

He said, “Such a concept (criticism) developed among people who thought as if I was going to present a new Islam. God forbid, I am a small creature of Almighty Allah, how can I dare make any amendment to the Islam that has been completed and implemented by the Holy Prophet Mohammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallum. I only wanted to present some aspects of the religion under some topic or caption as you know that every picture without caption is incomplete and so that leaves incomplete information. Those who do not have the guts to see the other side of the picture cannot enjoy the right picture of Islam. I tried to tell people about Islam. I had said that Islam is a religion that is a complete guidance of life for human beings. My intention was to present Islam in the simplest way to attract the attention of people as against the religious scholars who present the religion in the hardest form while remaining in a set perimeter.”
Throwing light on his political career and background, Dr Amir said, he entered politics in 1988 by joining the All Pakistan Mohajir Students Organisation (APMSO). However, he said he was not so active in the organization. But at the same time he was the editor of an Urdu newspaper ‘Parcham’ which was a strong spokesman for the MQM. “I always had my own reservations about politics. But, I did not happen to come into politics by chance. President Pervez Musharraf invited me to extend my help in various national affairs. So, for this purpose, I found it necessary to make myself active in my own party before coming into the mainstream of politics. I am proud of being associated with MQM, which is the party of downtrodden masses. I admire the leadership of Altaf Hussain and say openly that whatever I am today is all because of my party. If I am a minister then that is surely because of the party. I have no personal identity but my identity is MQM.”

Dr. Amir Liaquat with Mr. Shabbir Ghori

It may be mentioned here that Dr Amir Liaquat Hussain is currently facing strong criticism from various circles. In this regard he said, “I had said a bitter truth. However, it is a fact that Pakistan will need some more years to listen to truth. I came up with a truth and immediately realized that I should have taken time to say that. For this reason I extended my apologies feeling that my comments might hurt the feelings of some circles.
In response to a question that there are hundreds of thousands Pakistanis settled in the United States and if he would like to give any message to them, he said, “I have been receiving invitations from the United States to visit there. I am however, waiting for an invitation from Canada, so that I could visit both the countries in one trip. I think if people love me, they want to listen to me, then I must go there to present my point of view.
“My message for American Muslims and Pakistanis is to understand what exactly Islam is. They must understand that prayers, fasting, Hajj, Zakat, are the pillars of Islam and following the path of Islam is the duty of every Muslim. Allah Almighty does not like prayers, which are offered for show-off. There is much more than the prayers, as the poet of the East, Allama Iqbal has said ‘There are more worlds beyond stars and the humanity has to take a number of tests to qualify for making a place in the world hereafter.’

“If you find someone in distress, embrace him and encourage him. Maintain polite attitude with others. Allah likes people who love other human beings. Allah loves them who think of the rights of others. While under the prevailing circumstances, it is pity that we never think of others rights. Rights of Allah are actually the Rights of Human Beings. A Muslim offers sacrifice in Hajj while by paying Zakat the Muslim does away with his burden. Fasting promotes patience and prayers five times a day keep the Muslim away from wrongdoings. So, this proves that the Rights of Allah are actually the Rights of Human Beings. In my opinion, Rights of Allah is half of Islam while the remaining 50 per cent of Islam is Rights of Human Beings. It is said in the Holy Qur’an, ‘O people, you will have no Mercy of Allah as long as you don’t do good to the other human beings on the earth.’ This gives us lesson that we should maintain an atmosphere of love and brotherhood in our societies.”

Dr. Amir Liaquat with Family
Discussing the statement of Muttahida leader, Altaf Hussain about the two-nation theory, Dr Amir Liaquat said that Altaf Hussain has said nothing wrong. This is actually a debatable issue and it should not be made a matter of ego or personal liking and disliking. Those who are coming up with negative opinion on this issue should think that what exactly is behind this statement of Muttahida leader. They should try to find out what are the realities hidden in this point of Altaf Hussain. We should instead of criticizing, debate on the issue.

On the of the All Parties Conference called by the Muttahida Qaumi Movement and later postponed for obvious reasons, Dr Amir Liaquat said that other parties had chalked out their own schedules so there was no way out but to postpone it for the time being. Most parties and assembly members were busy in their rallies and other engagements so we put this conference off temporarily, but it is on our agenda.

Discussing about his family, Dr Amir said he is married and the name of his wife is Bushra. He has a son Ahmed who is six-year-old. His daughter Dua is two-and-a-half-year old.

Dr Amir’s wife got fame through a television program ‘Chhoti si Naiki’. This program was liked all over the world. This programme while becoming the identity of my wife, made people perform good in their lives. This program will now be telecast every week through Geo network under the sponsorship of big concerns. This 30-minute program will also be seen in the United States and Canada.

During the interview Bushra Amir, Ahmed and Dua also joined the discussion and it took a new and interesting turn. Both, husband and wife praised each other from the depth of their hearts. Their views showed that they are close aides of each other. About Bushra, Dr Amir said that she is not a demanding lady like other women, but she is a loving wife, a caring mother and the best daughter-in-law.
Bushra said Dr Amir very rarely shows his anger and is a loving husband.

Dr Amir said that a woman is behind every successful man and “my success is my wife Bushra. But, I cannot forget the prays of my mother.” Bushra Amir did her Masters after marriage and is now studying law.
“After marriage we spent seven years in a rented house and now we are living in a house which we have taken on installments,” Dr Amir said, adding, “being a federal minister I could have indulged into corruption to earn money and make assets but I did not do that because this is not the manifesto of our party. I am happy with what I am getting as remunerations from Geo and as a federal minister. My resources are limited but I am able to keep my family happy.”
ow][/yellow]<font color=pink></font id=pink><font color=black></font id=black>

sania
hi there...
i think he has many plus points, apart from bieng a polititian and its benefits...
regards..
syedhassan..

ACCA

- AvgJoe - 02-05-2005

I do agree that he does have several plus points. In the initial days, I was also a fan of Dr. Aamir. But now his indulging into dirty politics & commercialism (plus a bit of proudness) makes me feel a bit skeptic about him.

Cheeers

- khurram_jamal - 05-11-2005

Dr. Amir Liaqat is not good religious man. There is some points of him which goes against our religion ISLAM

- khurram_jamal - 05-11-2005

DR. AAMIR LIAQAT IS GHATTYA MAN WHO BLAMES THE MADRASSAS WHERE QURAN AND SUNNAH IS TAUGHT TO THE STUDENTS

------------------------------------------------------------
*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES****

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM JAMAL KHAN (MBA)(CA-Module-C)

- Pracs - 05-19-2005

lets not get personal here, bring out your arguments if you have any ! I am not a fan of the minister myself, but what he has pointed out is a realty in itself being a disgrace to the institution of Madrassah's and our relegion