Accountancy Forum
Dr. Aamir Liaqat - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dr. Aamir Liaqat (/showthread.php?tid=1133)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Azeem Shah Khan - 10-23-2004

No comments since i dont know the subject.

will appreciate views from people who know him

azeem

- farazthegreat - 10-23-2004

FYI, Amir Liaqat earned his doctorate from trinity college for the thesis "Islam and Terrorism" (mentioned on the GEO website. I know that doesn't make him an alim but maybe still qualified enough to manage Islamic issues in the country. Since I don't think it's the minister's job to actually "preach" the religion.

-------------------------
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 10-26-2004

HI GUDDI

Firstly GUDDI, please dont accuse any person if u really dont know about it, tell me what do u know abt Dr. AAMIR LIAQUAT ..?????????? as u have known that AAMIR LIAQUAT has retained the BEST DEBATOR OF ASIA because of his own skills and abilities.. Although he has not a good degree and he is not an AALIM but he has sufficient knowledge about ISLAM and bro it is not necessary to get a degree for obtaining ISLAMIC information if u r a real LOVER of ISLAM then u can enhance ur islamic INFORMATION after reading famous WRITERS of islamic literature.... not necessary to get a degree .....okhay

REGARDS
ASIF

MR WHAPPAAAA

- AvgJoe - 10-27-2004

Hi,

Although, I respect Dr. Aamir Liaqat in some respects…I have strong reservations about him. I am not a “molvi” or nethg like that. I am just a student of A-levels. But, I think Dr. Aamir, General Pervaiz & GEO in particular have gone a bit too FAR in “modernizing” religion.

Religion is all about piety. NOT wearing extravagant designer clothing….hair gel & lots of makeup…& then sitting on a religious program….AMPLIFYING ur voice infront of live audience..to sing a “Naat” or “Hamd”….& yet again..Amplifying it & then praying to GOD facing a TV camera…..giving the impression of being the IMAM of Holy Kaaba….praying to God….in the last days of Ramazan….

These are just some of the objections I have to Dr. Aamir & his program. My reservations go for all people be it “modernists” or “molvis” who EXPLOIT…people in Pakistan in the name of religion.

Take Care
Allah Hafiz

- smraza - 10-27-2004

Dear AvgJoe,
This is the problem of all narrow minded muslims, that if they watch the Hema Malini singing and dancing on the TV, they dont mind and they dont have any objection, but if somebody starts preaching Islam on TV everybody have same objections which you have raised.
Like Dr.Aamir does makeup, he recites Naat in that manner, he acts like that etc etc etc.......
What happened if noted the following,
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>wearing extravagant designer clothing….hair gel & lots of makeup…& then sitting on a religious program….AMPLIFYING ur voice infront of live audience..to sing a “Naat” or “Hamd”….& yet again..Amplifying it & then praying to GOD facing a TV camera…..giving the impression of being the IMAM of Holy Kaaba….praying to God….in the last days of Ramazan….<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Is it forbidden in Islam, it may be.....
but if somebody drinks, watch vulgarity, does haramkari, nobody pin point him, even he is supposed to be a respectable man of the society,
but if somebody does a good work everybody stands in front of him to criticize him, my dear criticizm is very easy.
Please please please get yourselves free from the thinkings of Mullaaassss,
The mullaass bears such kind of thinkings, like woh Haath bandh kar namaz kion parta hai???? woh Wuzu main pehlay moon kion dhota hai????? woh guzarta hai to Salam nahi kartaa.......

So dear AvgJoe, please dont mind if got somewhat rude.... but please think over it and take these things in the broader perspective......
No hard feelings....
Regards.

SMR

- farazthegreat - 10-27-2004

Correct me if I'm wrong, but putting oil in your hair is actually sunnah. Now if today oil has been replaced by hair gel I don't see any objection in using that.

-------------------------
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

- Huma - 10-27-2004

Nice discussion going on, wish i could take part in that, but I do not know who Mr Aamir is.. Anyway keep it up guys..

- AvgJoe - 10-27-2004

Hi,

As I already told u, I am NOT a narrow-minded "molvi" at all by any standard! Though, I dont watch Hema Malinee ( I hav better tastes!), I do watch other music videos, go to music concerts, look for GF's @ my school, apply hair gel & wear designer clothing...etc etc etc.........I study in a "modern" paki school, where dating, looking, partying etc are all normal & ESSENTIAL.........

BUT, I dont pretend to be "pious"...I dont churn & turn the meaning of religion to justify my way of living.....AND I dont 'use' religion to get me fame & monetary, political gains....this goes for several molvis of pakistan & Dr. aamir is NO DIFFERENT !

This is one of the reasons for my being against Dr. Aamir. Please dont tell me "Practice what you preach"....I think that applies more to Dr. Aamir....he's the one preaching ! And I never said applying gel was bad !!!

Take Care,
AvgJoe

- AvgJoe - 10-27-2004

Dear Fahad,

Good work ? How would u define good work ? Sure, he is doing some good work....but..I think the "bad works" overshadow the "good works". You are just another victim of GLOBALISATION.

Do we really need to "moderate" & "modernize" religion ? I guess a good example will be of Kamal Ata-turk & Turkey (the IDEAL of our GENERAL MUSHARF....the patronizer of Dr. Aamir). A classic example of over-modernisation in the name of Religion !!. If we dont "critisize" ppl like Dr. aamir...soon our country might be another turkey.

The fact is, if we go on like this....a time will come when...even relations outside marriage will become "accepted" by society...this has happened....look @ the west...where although Christianity condemns this...the christians all do it....coz they have forgotten their boundaries in the name of "modernization"......

Thus some things are to be left like they are.........if u keep on changing religious teachings to justify ur way of living....U'll end up like them !

Hope my views didnt hurt neone !

Take Care,
AvgJoe

- Pracs - 10-27-2004

Avg. JOE.. I am completely lost as to how Dr. Liaqut's relegious activities will turn Pakistan into another Turkey, things don't make much sense to me since you describe yourself as an 'enlightened' muslim (something Musharaf's been advocating) and yet you yourself are crying 'Islam in danger'kind of weird isn't it.

Dr. Liaqut is a politican and in his right to be one cannot be restricted as to his other livelihood (be it hosting relegious talk shows or a rock star for that matter) its no one's business. I am not an ardent follower of the minister, neither do I know much about him other than he is an MQM party memeber.

Is there something I misread in your post ?

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- ophie - 10-27-2004

well Guys .......

Dr. Aamir was okey to me excep that he overacts when it comes to Naat and Dua. I didnt know his history and after knowing it was easy for me to understand his overacting. He is a debator and a politician. Thats what his overacting is all about. Otherwise he would be a good anchor.

Take care all of you out there.
By the way ........ all of new bees here have insufficient radiators. They heat up too early.

- smraza - 10-27-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi,

As I already told u, I am NOT a narrow-minded "molvi" at all by any standard! Though, I dont watch Hema Malinee ( I hav better tastes!), I do watch other music videos, go to music concerts, look for GF's @ my school, apply hair gel & wear designer clothing...etc etc etc.........I study in a "modern" paki school, where dating, looking, partying etc are all normal & ESSENTIAL.........

BUT, I dont pretend to be "pious"...I dont churn & turn the meaning of religion to justify my way of living.....AND I dont 'use' religion to get me fame & monetary, political gains....this goes for several molvis of pakistan & Dr. aamir is NO DIFFERENT !

This is one of the reasons for my being against Dr. Aamir. Please dont tell me "Practice what you preach"....I think that applies more to Dr. Aamir....he's the one preaching ! And I never said applying gel was bad !!!

Take Care,
AvgJoe
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Sorry to say AvgJoe, if you are not pretending to be 'pious' then what are u doing dear,
you are criticizing another person, which simply means that you doesnt do all those things which the criticized person is doing.
This is the problem with all of us 'narrow minded' muslims that we ourselves do all wrong doings, but never stop ourselves from criticizing others.
You must have heard the old story a Buzurg, in which a woman brought her child with a complain that my son takes lot of sweets and that Buzurg sent her back and said come 2morrow....
So dear, in my personal opinion, you have the right to criticize others on religious matters if you are a perfect muslim.

Regards.

SMR

- ophie - 10-27-2004

Cmon Guys .....
Dont give Avg Joe such a hard time. He does make sence to some extent. Let him speak.

- AvgJoe - 10-28-2004

Hi,

I am sorry for offending anyone. Actually, its very difficult to present ones ENTIRE viewpoint in just one short mail...especially when you are siting on ur school's library computer ! Please accept my apologies for creating any confusion.

Well, I beleive that the impression ppl get from watching Dr.Aamirs program is that here is a "modern-molvi"..who for once doesnt have a long beard....isnt strict abt islamic teachings etc etc. So, ppl get the impression that thats how us muslims should be...without DARI's..wearing Gels & extravagant clothings etc..Instead of following Holy Prophet's (PBUH) way of simple living. They say that this is whats needed by Islam today. Is that really so? Do you think, it would be sensible to say for example...women can wear Mini-skirts...Just to make Islam more "attractive" ? The west & turkey have already experimented with this sort of "modernisation" or "moderation" of religion with disasterous results.I think, its time we learn our lesson.

The comment about Pakistan turning into Turkey...had more to do with General Pervaiz. Someone here said that 'even General Musharaf' had recognised Dr. Aamir's work. As far as I know, General Musharaf (GM) is a gr8 fan of Kamal Ata Turk, who was responsible for the baning of having DARI's & wearing Scarfs in Turkey. So I beleive that the reason why GM likes Dr.Aamir & his program is that they SUPPORT his view of "turkey-like"..."modernized"..."moderate".. ISLAM. Thus, I think that if this country was left entirely in the hands of ppl like GM & Dr. aamir...we might soon turn into a RECYCLED version of TURKEY.

Now personally, my reservation about Dr. aamir has to do more with his "exploitation" of the masses. If u remember, in last ramazan, Dr. Aamir used to spend...all his time b4 sehri & after Aftari...sitting infront of LIVE TV...trying to increase the popularity of his program. I was amazed @ how he could....have his AFTARI....offer the Maghrib prayer....then have a MAKEUP session....and sit infron of live audience...within...2-3 mins of Aftar ! I personally beleive, Dr. aamir is more concered abt getting "political power", "financial gains" & "popularity", even if all these come @ the cost of churning & turning Islamic teachings. This makes him no different from the REST of MMA "mullas" in my opinion, except for well MMA mullas still have long DARIS.

And then there is the "over-acting"....when 'singing' DUA's...and NAAT's....Do we really need an urdu version of the "Imam-e-Kaaba's" DUA @ the 27th rooza nite...from the AMPLIFIED voice of Dr. aamir ?....to show us how to PRAY to GOD ? And the naats & actions !!! I dont understand...what those...DUAs and NAATS have to do with the program "aalim-online"...except for being designed to INCREASE the popularity of the host. Once again, I would say Dr. Aaamir is more concerned about his fame & fortune....just like any other POLITICAL MULLA of our country....and perhaps even worse.....like the POLITICIANS of our country .......(dont 4get he's a politician too !!!!..)

Please feel free to highlight where I might be wrong in my opinions. I enjoy listening to other people & I am a person whos always prepared to change his opinion.

Take Care
AvgJoe

PS Please dont feel offended. I personally think that GM is a gr8 leader & Dr.Aamir is a good debator/politician too. But there venturing into RELIGION is what concerns me...a bit !

- AvgJoe - 10-28-2004

Dear Pracs,

Yes, It might seem strange to u...that I am an "enlightened" muslim & still worried abt doom of Islam. I might not be the PERFECT muslim here...nor the PERFECT guy...to speak about Dr. Aamirs actions. But I beleive in a hadith

If u see something bad happening, stop it using ur hand, if u cant, then stop it using ur tongue...if u cant even do that...atleast think in UR HEART tht this things is wrong....thats the weakest stage of faith.

For example, watching TV might have been bad 50 yrs ago, but its perfectly acceptable & not a "SIN" today coz....ppl gradually stopped..condeming this in their hearts....No one amongsts us is a PERFECT MOLVI !!! If we all stop CONDEMNING .....and wait for someone perfect to condemn...there might come a time...when...even DRINKING would become acceptable in this country ! Thats one of the predictions for doomsday....People will stop thinking of the wrong thing as being WRONG....and thats what several ppl are doing....in the name of "modernization"

I cant really stop Dr. Aamir....but the least I could do is...that he is not doing "somethings" rite...and I can..use my TOUNGE to ....highlight that...Criticism is what keeps a SOCIETY in check & balance.....Perhaps...Dr. aamir might have the time to read all this....and change himself just a bit....that would make him an IDEAL figure...and thats what I want...Not to throw him out of business !

You in the UK, come out on the streets...when ur political or religious leader does sthg wrong....Dont we, ppl in Pak, even have the right to use a FORUM to critisize our leaders...and TV anchors....on their presentation of our religion ? Just coz...we arent....PERFECT...judges ? Who is ? The job of Media, journalists...& critics (like me)...is to keep the society in check by CRITICISING !

By the way, if Tony Blair or GEORGE BUSH...earn billions of dollars..by doing some shaddy deals...why does it concern u ?

Take Care
AvgJoe

Ps Once again, I m sorry ...If any of my statements offends anyone on this forum. I m just using my right for "freedom of speech"...the one so frequently cried abt in the UK