Accountancy Forum
MBA vs 2 yrs. Relevent Experience - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: MBA vs 2 yrs. Relevent Experience (/showthread.php?tid=1143)

Pages: 1 2 3

MBA vs 2 yrs. Relevent Experience - Mr. Whappaaaa - 09-25-2004

HI GUYS

<font color=blue> As u know that MBA is a good degree in business field specially of IBA,CBM,PIM etc. but if a person gets 2 yrs relevent experience in a reputable FIRMS. instead of doing MBA then which option will potentialy benefit his career more either Firm's experience or MBA ......???????</font id=blue>

MR WHAPPAAAA

- the_farhan - 09-26-2004

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

if u mean CA-firms, thn any professional accountaing qualification is good option, eg, ACA,ACCA,ACMA... but if u mean 2 yr experience in corporations/companies/industries, thn MBA also can b appended in the aformentioned options. in the end, it all depends upon wht ur interests are. eg, if u enjoyed the marketing n public relation matters of tht firm, thn MBA(marketing) is the best option

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 09-26-2004

HI FARHAN

[blue]Thanks for ur reply. Farhan i think u dont get my point I am comparing two Options either do MBA or join an accredited firm like TASEER HADI KHALID & CO., FRSH & CO. for 2 to 3 yrs to get a relevent experience. My question is that which option is the most valuable and beneficial for me and my Career ...i am not talking about industries carporation experience .... [\blue]

MR WHAPPAAAA

- label - 09-26-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
HI FARHAN

[blue]Thanks for ur reply. Farhan i think u dont get my point I am comparing two Options either do MBA or join an accredited firm like TASEER HADI KHALID & CO., FRSH & CO. for 2 to 3 yrs to get a relevent experience. My question is that which option is the most valuable and beneficial for me and my Career ...i am not talking about industries carporation experience .... [\blue]

MR WHAPPAAAA
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Is your q work v study?

If you have no previous experience then work - you need the experience and the more qualified you are the higher status you seek but if you have no practical experience you'll have difficulties if you have no experience.

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk

- smraza - 09-26-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thanks for ur reply. Farhan i think u dont get my point I am comparing two Options either do MBA or join an accredited firm like TASEER HADI KHALID & CO., FRSH & CO. for 2 to 3 yrs to get a relevent experience. My question is that which option is the most valuable and beneficial for me and my Career ...i am not talking about industries carporation experience ....
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
Dear Mr. Whapaaaaa,
Qualification does matters in chartered accountants firms, bcaz whatever you study you are supposed to apply the same practically,
as far as the big firms are concerned, i ll advice you not to join if you are not intended to do CA or ACCA, as your promotion (from junior to semi senior to senior to supervisor) will be dependent upon your qualifications, I have some my friends who could not qualify so remained on the p&l sections, they were never posted as Seniors on a listed company. but if u compare the medium or small size firms, there the seniority depends upon the period completed and no of jobs done.

SMR

- the_farhan - 09-26-2004

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

dear mr. Whappaaaa, now i got ur point clearly. i agree with mr. smraza tht if u donot intend for ACA/ACCA, then joining CA firms iz not a very good option. almost all ppl go there for relevan exposure n continue their ACCA/ACA studies along side it. if have a business/commerce/accounting background in ur graduation, then i recommend u to join any job related to business/finance/etc etc ... n then continue ur education along with the job. u can do MBA, ACMA, CIMA, even ACCA while being in any job area as far as it relates to finance,accounts, etc. it will not only increase ur academic worth, but also ur job experience tht will b a big plus.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 09-27-2004

DEAR LABEL AND RAZA AND ALSO FARHAN

Firstly thankx for ur reply. & label its not a contest between study Vs work yaar i am comparing both fields that which field is the most valuable field .. to me and my career..?? and dear RAZA ... i am ACCA part 2 student.. will do 2.5 and 2.6 in dec. session .. & u r saying right that qualifiacation is a matter of promotion .. in big Firms ... so which option will benefit my career i wanna do MBA .. or M.com (specialized in finance) and i am able enough ..Alhamdulillah... to do both study at the same time ...so my question to all of u is that either i should join a FIRM now .. or otherwise after completing ACCA ..or possibly MBA ..??

MR WHAPPAAAA

- the_farhan - 09-27-2004

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

i think u shud join firm if u have a chance. complete ur ACCA along with it. then u shud think abt MBA or ne other option. by the way, ACCA will accept the job experience of ne other finance/accounts/commerce field also, eg, in banks/industries/ financial institutions etc. so u shud not feel compelled for articles just bocz of ACCA-requirements. however, working in firm will always b a plus point for ur future. if possible, do it.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 10-08-2004

HEY FARHAN
I know yara that for ACCA, there is no compulsory requirment of experience to gain in a FIRMS. but yaar ... i wanna do MBA of M.com in a specialized field because u know yaar ACCA is based on FINANCE related jobs(Majority) we are not know about MARKETING,HR & like and other suitable accountancy techniques in which we should have known abt it. yaar as u know in pakistan.. there is a highly competitive market in ACCA,CA,MBA & whatever ... there fore i wanna ask to u that after successfully completing ACCA ... hmm .. and also getting firm's experience we can get a good job in this competition .....????? what abt. ur opinion ...and plzzz dont tell again " a real thing is the man behind the gun not the gun itself"..yaar ab dor chal gaya hai DOUBLE QUALIFICATION KAA" organization needs as such person who are able to do MULTIPLE TASK & work ...like a person WHO r MBA .. in MIS & also ACCA qualified then i think as such person can deal much better then Just ACCA qualified ... so my question is that whether we should join a master or a firm .. i am 21 yrs old.. ...and LABEL...EHRAR (ACMA) where r u man ... come forward and reply my quiries.........plzzzzzzzzzz

MR WHAPPAAAA

- the_farhan - 10-08-2004

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all,

dear Mr. Whappaaaa, i think tht u want to specialize in a specific field n also want to have good knowledge of other aspects of a business ... right?
i think tht MBA with major in finance/accounts/banking etc will give broader knowledge in the field of finance,accounts,banking etc, plus u shall also gain adequate exposure to other aspects of business, say, marketing, HRM, information systems, n other administrative aspects. MBA degree will also provide exemptions in ACCA, CIMA, ACMA(ICMAP) to a comprehensive extent. so u can also gain further advantage.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Imran - 10-09-2004

My opinion is that the joining a firm is comparatively better for you instead of doing mba.

imran

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 10-10-2004

HEY IMRAN

yaar u know that .... joining a big 4 .. i think its a most difficult task (& in my point of view its like a DREAM)... coz my three to four friends( who are ACCA part 2 qualified and in which 2 of them are optional paperz qualified)submitted their form in KPMG..(Kpmg's requirment is to join as a trainee for ACCA's is just part 2 qualified )... but there is no special response was given to them ...in which one of my friend made a telephone call in KPMG for asking that why u dont call for interview.. then his reply is that ...."OUR FIRST PREFERENCE IS CA FOUNDATION QUALIFIED".... but some of my friends who r just CAT qualified and ACCA part 2 partly qualified are working as a trainee ....... yaar ab BIG 4 haasil karnaa ab itnaa hi mushkil ho gaya hai jitnaa ACCA qualified karna.....agree ..??? but u say right yaar FIRM's experience is the most valuable experience to get a good job ... but as u know ... now competition has also been reached in BIG 4 .... so how can we overcome this situation .... MASTER should be done to MAINTAIN their calibre at a high level for ACCAs ..or not ....and where r genius guysssss.. LABEL >>>GOODMAN >>>>PRACS>>>>CBPIAN(i am also LAKHANI's CBPian)>>>>> i am still waiting for ur replies... plzzzz

MR WHAPPAAAA

- Imran - 11-08-2004

By the way i am talking about joining the firm after ca foundation.And after that i thing big firm does not matter much.There are certain draw backs and advantages of joing a big firm

The other thing as mentioned by you is joining after acca is another issue but i know some guys who are in fergusons.

One another thing is to join big 3 you require PAWA as well as qualification

Regards

imran

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 11-09-2004

hi IMRAN

I think u have forgotten the topic name ... man .. i am comparing abt two differenet field .. at this time .. firm shoul be joined or to get a 2 yrs relevent experience ... i know experience is the best thing for accountant to be a complete professional .. read out again my most recent previos paste ..

MR WHAPPAAAA

- Pracs - 11-12-2004

I think the question has been answered isn't it ?

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311