Accountancy Forum
Institute of Taxation - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Institute of Taxation (/showthread.php?tid=1185)

Pages: 1 2

- sabahatnisar - 08-30-2009

Dear

I have completed ICSM, ISCP & ITM. All these degrees are highly professional and I am aslo doing Corporate secretary but chartered secretery is more pratical oriented degree

regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kmah1323</i>
<br />Dear Mahtab,

I respectfully urge to please fear God.Your allegations against Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers are totally based either on misperception or malice. Please do not misguide people. ICSM has not sold to me any qualification. On the basis of B.com & Banking Diploma, I got 7 exemptions out of 15 papers and I wrote 8 papers, which I qualified without single failure. The examinations were of international standard. Their standard is compable to HEC recognized MBA and M.Com degrees and in some areas it was higher. Further, ICSM is founder member of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance.

While granting exemption in its Part IV, Institute of Internal Auditors, US ranks ICSM, ICSP, ICMA & ICA. PIPFA also allows exemptions to ICSM qualified members. This time I also asked ICMA admission officer, he confirmed that they recognize ICSM & Institute of Taxation Management for some exemptions.

Further,SECP has isssued a statutory notification dated 09 March 2005 after due contemplation & setting aside unhealthy compaign of ICSP, whereby members of Institute of Chartered Secretaries are eligible to become company secretaries of public Ltd. companies. What else recognition do you expect?

Mahtab, the syllabus of ICSM is more prestigious than that of ICSP. The Institute cultures secretaries & managers with the capability to offer reliable Corporate solutions in the complex environment.

As far as taking influential & experienced brain trust as members without examination at initial age of the Institute is concerned, this is a global phenomenon. This has been done even by ICMA & ICAP.

As far as market recognition is concerned, with passage of time, we shall deepen our roots.

Regards,

Khalid

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- sabahatnisar - 08-30-2009

Dear

I have completed Chartered managers, Chartered secretaries and Taxation management. All these degrees are highly professional. These degrees are internationally recognized. In companies ordinance the company secretary may be CA, chartered secretary or corpoarte secretary. I think you should go ahead to take admission, I was also the coordinator of this institute in lahore. If you need any further information you contact me

RE: Institute of Taxation - Mahtab - 06-07-2014

Corporate Secretaries Ordinance, 2002

The Commission (SECP) has proposed promulgation of Corporate Secretaries Ordinance to the Ministry of Finance.

The Ordinance has been vetted by the Ministry of Law, Justice and Human Rights and is presently with the Ministry of Finance.

Through this Ordinance, the Institute of Corporate Secretaries of Pakistan (ICSP) will be granted the status of a statutory body.

ICSP is, at present, operating as a company limited by guarantee under the repealed Companies Act, 1913.

It is a professional institute, representing corporate secretaries in Pakistan, with membership strength of about 660 qualified professionals.

RE: Institute of Taxation - christopherfuston - 11-05-2014

Thanks a lot for this informative thread