Accountancy Forum
CA Module A worries - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA Module A worries (/showthread.php?tid=1212)

Pages: 1 2

CA Module A worries - noman - 10-21-2004

hi,

i am in module A. in lahore in PAC
the question is directed to all seniors...

i am kindof stuck in economics...i can understand
all the concepts..but the problem is what to prepare
and from where to prepare....

our teacher says something in clas....the pbp CA study text
says something different..
there is also different levels of details mention by the teacher
and different books...

could anyone suggest to me how to go about preparing?
any thing will be appreciated....

- ali4u3 - 10-21-2004

learn PBP's study text to clear the exam ...
and HELLEM KHAWAJA >..ECONOMICS to understand best concepts..

regards

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Ice_Blue - 10-21-2004

salamz,

can anybody tell me the level/degree of presentation required by ICAP examiners? Almost every teachers stresses the word "presentation".They say <b>"Most of the students have good concepts but usually they fail to present their them in their answer scripts"</b>
<i>
would u plz tell me how to present my answers in Economics paper?</i>

Ice Blue

- noman - 10-23-2004

ok...but one more thing
pbp study text has some topics discussed in a difficult manner.like those long paragraphs...and no definitions in inverted commas and no clearly marked points of a topic....
will i get those things in khwaja's book?
have you seen sohail akhtar's book?how is it

from where to prepare the questions like...compare this to that..
the reasons and explanations of tiny topics....those tricky kind of questions that come in exams...

- XBRL - 10-23-2004

Do u have economics background and do u have good english writing and expression skills. If no, i would suggest u to try PB as ur main book pluuusssss Habeebull Vaseer's books which is for first and second year. These 2 books are so simple in understanding the concepts. U can compare the topics of PB and this book in case u fimd PB somewht difficult.

Do solve all past papers by not just learning but writing too.

and find some person who could make a written test for u. Make the confidence, U do not have to score 100% but whateva u attempt shud be 100%.

I know a lot of guys who got passed even after leaving 10-15 marks totally.

so make ur confidence and do not i repeat do not consult a lot of books. Just PB as main book and Habib Vaseer as secondary just to compare and learn things which u find difficult in PB

PAC unfortunaltely has no good econ. teacher.

- noman - 10-23-2004

alrighty!

thank god some people are replying...

i think i do have quite good english.
i do NOT have economics background..FSc with math...although i am better than those with economics background in our class )

man..the teacher we got is "outsourced" one...actually
he teaches B.com in punjab college of commerce..and pac put him to teach us...not their usual/regular teacher...

the problem is...that pbp has topics arranged and explained differently than other B.com books...
i actually have only 1 book now...ie. pbp study text..
but the teacher teaching somewhat from b.com books...not following a single one...

what i am inconfident about is... those tricky kind of questions where they dont ask directly like...state..and explain this or this..
the questions in which they ask differentiation of theory or something like that....
the teacher has this approach" statement,table,graph,assumption and critcism of a topic or theory" he does not tell us how a particular topic relates or contrasts to another....

are you getting what i am trying to say?

- Ice_Blue - 10-23-2004

salamz,

can anybody tell me the level/degree of presentation required by ICAP examiners? Almost every teachers stresses the word "presentation".They say <b>"Most of the students have good concepts but usually they fail to present their them in their answer scripts"</b>
<i>
would u plz tell me how to present my answers in Economics paper?</i>

Ice Blue

Ice Blue

- noman - 10-24-2004

ice blue

you just read examiners' comments...
they say that use of graphs is very important...
other than that ..just write precisely making use of
bullets and headings if necessary
also write in small paragraphs...

i am no expert but thats what i think....
if i am wrong someone will correct me ....

- ali4u3 - 10-24-2004

go N purchase past papers of ICAP ( solved )
they 'll help u in getting how to express ur answer...in a better way...

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Ice_Blue - 10-24-2004

thanks everybody,

God bless u all

Ice Blue

- Huma - 10-24-2004

Hi

I do agree with noman, that graphs are very important while answering any given Q, I am studying in DK but i guess these criteria are important all over the world, and when u have a graph then do explain it, as you won't get much points for only drawing a graph..

Hope that help u a bit
Regards.
huma

- noman - 10-25-2004

ok...

people now answer my question also...
that one about weird and disgusting questions

- majsonline - 10-28-2004

weird & disgusting questions......who told you that!!!

This has become a habit of some people to discourage others by saying that to pass economics paper is a hard nut to crack. My advice to you is never listen to such people, because I have seen very good students not performing well due to the fact that they are pressurized by others (i-e seniors) that the paper would be that difficult, such & such.....

I suggest you just study regularly, make notes (esp. you teacher's lectures), plus the most important thing is group study...because two heads are better than one.

- noman - 10-28-2004

yaar you are right to an extent...

but the problem is...i have seen the past questions myself
and some of them are indeed weird&disgusting....!
and about teacher's notes....that is making me crazy now
adays.........our teacher gives notes of just basic things
that are written in almost all B.com books.....

what i wanted him to do was discuss the questions of icap..a
and those that they ask which aren't exactly in the textbooks

the teacher is making problem....he says i will give u basic3
concept rest is ur headache....

but i will keep ur advice in mind.abt not worrying too much..
and group study.......

- chintoo - 10-28-2004

HI
SALAM
NOMAAN I DONT KNOW IN WHICH COLLEGE U R STUDING BUT I THINK MY COLLEGE IS BEST FOR THT KIND OF PROBLEMS BECUZ THEY TOTALLY TARGET PAST PAPER STYLE QS AND OUR QUIZES AND TEST ARE TOTALY BASED ON PAST PAER PATTERN
AND IF U HAVE ANY KIND OF PROBLEM IN ECONOMICS KINDLY SEND ME ABT IT I WILL TRY MY BEST TO SOLVE IT

m.farrukh