Accountancy Forum
ACCA or CA inter - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA or CA inter (/showthread.php?tid=1265)

ACCA or CA inter - meesum - 11-10-2004

assalam-o-alaikum!
first of all RAMZAN MUBARIK and then EID MUBARIK in advance to all members.

what is the difference in doing ACCA first instead of CA inter to get CA qualification, such as difference of knowledge,syllabus,approach or ACCA finds any difficulty in CA final rather than CA inter students. now the passing criteria is same, ACCA is getting popularity among people.

hoping members will reply sincerely.

Edited by - meesum on Nov 10 2004 024554 AM

- Pracs - 11-10-2004

If you have the time and resources I'd advice you to go for the ACCA .. at present level ICAP exemptions.. you will have to sit for CA final and three years articles (instead of the four). I don't think these will be further reduced (exemptions).\

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- meesum - 11-10-2004

thanks for reply.

please explain that ICAP exemptions are available for ACCA passed or for ACCA members.

in last post i asked that is there any difference in ACCA & CA student by knowledge/application or they are considered equal by all aspects.

- AvgJoe - 11-10-2004

Hi all,

I was under the impression that the exemption from ICAP is for ACCA graduates. Am I correct ?

Cheers,
AvgJoe

- Pracs - 11-10-2004

Yes as an ACCA graduate you are exempted from CA Foundation and if you enroll for articles for the purpose of ICAP CA, you will have to serve three years articles.

As far as the question of equalancy of ACCA with CA Inter/foundation.. I must say the two cannot be compared objectively academically as well as response in the market. An ACCA graduate has passed through all the exams of a qualification comparable to CA.. and has gone through subjects at an advanced level. In CA inter ofcourse all you have is the basic level.

I hope this clears up any confusion..

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- meesum - 11-11-2004

thanks for replying specially from Pracs. yes it has cleared my confusion.

Prettiness dies quickly.

- mohdrafay - 11-16-2004

Salamzz all

my name is rafay living in jeddah.could any explain or any idea regarding the CA in uk....i have done my IGCSE and A'levels..and i would like to to do CA from UK..i want info what is the procedure and all.

thank u

- Pracs - 11-16-2004

Hi Rafay,, if you are not a British national you will have to arrange a work visa (there is a special categoery for training purposes)to get a contract in an accounting firm in the UK.. since you have A levels you will before the contract need to pass ICAEW's Foundation exam or complete a British Graduate degree (and then pass the residual papers of ICAEW foundation). You do stand a better chance of getting a contract if you get a British degree, most firms have a specific number of seats for outstanding 'overseas students'.

I must tell you that the UK market is very competitive as far as getting traning contracts. I myslef tried for one (around 5 years ago ) but was turned down by the bigger firms on 'visa' constraints and the the smaller ones on grounds of not having 'appropriate openings'.

Perhaps our UK based members could help you with more accurate information. You could also visit ICAEW's official site and correspond with them on a one to one basis.