Accountancy Forum
CSS ???? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CSS ???? (/showthread.php?tid=1266)

CSS ???? - muqtader - 11-11-2004

hello there guys
I wanted to know if an ACCA Affiliate is eligible to sit in CSS papers.. If not then what route to follow?
thanks

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- Pracs - 11-11-2004

As far as I know, you need atleast a second class MA/Msc. for the CSS these days,. The Higher education commission recently awarded CA and ACMA Masters equivallance ! I think that is not the case for ACCA or CIMA yet.

I which case the best thing would be to sit for a Masters as a private candidate ! In case of Punjab University you can do the same after two years of earning your bachelors.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- ali4u3 - 11-11-2004

sorry PARCS ....but 4 CSS...BCOM , BA , BSC passed students are eligible........
regrads

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Pracs - 11-11-2004

Is that so, I remember reading about it in a Pakistani paper. That the entry to the test had been raised to alteast an MA.. although the PCS was still open to a BA.

Perhaps you are correct Ali.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- Mahtab - 11-11-2004

AOA
Muqtadar Pls.Visit
www.css.com.pk
Thanks
Mahtab

- muqtader - 11-11-2004

thanks pracs and ali for a helpful response ) actually the problem in my case is that I am willing to sit for CSS and am ACCA qualified...The criteria for CSS is bachelors. In ACCA we are provided with BSc Honours from Oxford Brookes University UK after completing a research articles and part 2 papers...
this degree has been accepted by HEC Pakistan (higher education commission) but UGC (University Grants Commission) does not recognise it as of yet...
so do u guys think this bachelors degree would be acceptable for satisfying the CSS criteria?
thanks

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- ali4u3 - 11-12-2004

i dont think so.....tht they will accept it ...)

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Pracs - 11-12-2004

THE CSS site referred here, by Mahtab (www.css.com.pk)is of the opinon that each foreign degree is ássessed'on individal basis.. so I think you could go ahead and try ! since the Bsc. falls into that category. Alternatively its just about sitting for a BA as a provate candidate,. which is really not difficult,, you could get a first division by studying for it,, just for a couple of months.

- Pracs - 11-12-2004

THE CSS site referred here, by Mahtab (www.css.com.pk)is of the opinon that each foreign degree is ássessed'on individal basis.. so I think you could go ahead and try ! since the Bsc. falls into that category. Alternatively its just about sitting for a BA as a provate candidate,. which is really not difficult,, you could get a first division by studying for it,, just for a couple of months.

- Mahtab - 11-13-2004

AOA
Muqtadar Pls.also Visit and ask them directly
www.fpsc.gov.pk
Thanks
Mahtab