Accountancy Forum
Book of Accounting for module C ? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Book of Accounting for module C ? (/showthread.php?tid=1295)

Book of Accounting for module C ? - mobin - 11-21-2004

Hello guys and salam!
I m in mod C and i want to know if there is any book other than study text which would be helpful to me ? Our teacher Mr Kaleem Rehmanin says that there is no need of a book !! i will give u my own handouts but i guess that are not enough
he also says books written by shukla , gupta , maheshwari are very old and not in accordance with the current IAS's
So i want to know that is it good for me to buy study text or not or if there is any other book plz tell me !!
Always urs
love u

The difference between dreams and accomplishment is purly desire

- ahsenshahid - 11-21-2004

Hi Mobin

The best book in the city for Module C A/c ing would be of Mr. Javaid H. Zuberi (JZ).

You can take his books from Petiwala by taking his name.

Take all his books that are relevant to your Syllabus.

Some very apparent books are 1) Company Accounts 2) Accounting for Leases 3) Accounting for Construction Contracts. and very importantly there is a book probably seems like a blue book of him that contains examplified explanation of some very typical and very very important(from exams point of view) paragraphs of IAS. Dont forget to take atleast these 4 books search each and every corner of the market.

If u solve and understand his books then definitely u will find yourself above an average student.

Best Regards,

S. Ahsen Shah

- bilal azhar - 11-21-2004

asslam o alikum
Mobin pbp and solved papers of last five years are more than enough if u understand the concept.

bilal

- Sarfaraz - 11-21-2004

Aslam u alaikum
Past Papers of PAC are enough

There is a will. There is a way.
www.sarfraz.cjb.net
0333-4502662

- yet another pro - 11-23-2004

assalam o alaikum!
i joined as a member anew in this forum but am a regular reader.i just wanted to point out to my friend MR.MOBIN
that he should'nt refer to anyone in person especially when he is a teacher.i am also a student of module C and i think we attend the same college,and i dont find anything so disturbing if our teacher has said not to refer any of the books(which u have already mentioned).what i want to say is your words were very impolite as if u were accusing him of incompetence.u and i may know what you really wanted to say but there are many who might not figure out the real thing.so please mind your writing from now on,cause personally i dont like it at all.will be thankful for your cooperation.

A fellow student

- mobin - 11-23-2004

HEy and salam to all
I just want to make it clear that my intention were not to accused MR Rehmani of being incompitent I just want to have an additional help becuase i think that your source of information must not be limited but if MR ALEEM found my words HARSH plz accept my appologise!
Love u all

- maani - 11-29-2004

hi,
Past papers are not enough...go for Javaid Zuberi's...but first make ur concepts from Shukla and Gupta...

Ace

- mobin - 11-30-2004

hey maaani , i have heard that shukla and gupta does not follow the latest IAS !! and mod C's accounting is about compliance of law (IAS)
so what do u think !!

- maani - 11-30-2004

mobin i have already mentioned that zuberi will be the best ... but the problem with his readings is that explanations are given in such style as we already know a lot about the explained topics...
if u dont want to consult gupta then u can read Jane Lazer's Company Accounts...that is really a fantastic book...read that book and then tell me that do u like it or not

Ace