Accountancy Forum
Articleship in England - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Articleship in England (/showthread.php?tid=1308)

Articleship in England - muhammadjaseem - 11-24-2004

Right now, I am a student of CA and I am in MFC-B, will be taking examination on Autumm 2005. My question is that after the completion of Module-B, my intention is to go to England and ask for some exemption on the basis of the foundation done by me in Pakistan from ICAP. So will I be granted with some exemption over there if I continue my Chartered Accountancy program at England's ICAEW or if I'll study till Module-D and then pass it, so what is the criteria and exemption for me to do articleship over there and to carry on my studies simultanously with ICAEW?........... Muhammad Jaseem

- Sarfaraz - 11-24-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Right now, I am a student of CA and I am in MFC-B, will be taking examination on Autumm 2005. My question is that after the completion of Module-B, my intention is to go to England and ask for some exemption on the basis of the foundation done by me in Pakistan from ICAP. So will I be granted with some exemption over there if I continue my Chartered Accountancy program at England's ICAEW or if I'll study till Module-D and then pass it, so what is the criteria and exemption for me to do articleship over there and to carry on my studies simultanously with ICAEW?........... Muhammad Jaseem

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

http//www.icaew.co.uk/careersoverseas/index.cfm?AUB=TB2I_35298,MNXI_35298

There is a will. There is a way.
www.sarfraz.cjb.net
0333-4502662

- Augustus - 11-28-2004

I don't think so there are any exemptions available in ICAEW till you complete your C.A from Pakistan or u start c.a from beginning in U.K and i don't think so this is a big issue but actual problem is getting articles in u.k. As far as my information and experience is concerned i don't know any pakistani student who got articles in good firm in u.k they don't prefer pakistan students and if by luck u get articles there then that will be a very small firm and u will get exposure in flower shops or butcher's shop etc. so u must think about these things before leaving Pakistan.

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 11-29-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>As far as my information and experience is concerned i don't know any pakistani student who got articles in good firm in u.k they don't prefer pakistan students and if by luck u get articles there then that will be a very small firm and u will get exposure in flower shops or butcher's shop etc<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Augustus

yes dear but would u like to tell me about ur experience and ur past events if u have gained some experience in U.K firm ..

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Right now, I am a student of CA and I am in MFC-B, will be taking examination on Autumm 2005. My question is that after the completion of Module-B, my intention is to go to England and ask for some exemption on the basis of the foundation done by me in Pakistan from ICAP. So will I be granted with some exemption over there if I continue my Chartered Accountancy program at England's ICAEW or if I'll study till Module-D and then pass it, so what is the criteria and exemption for me to do articleship over there and to carry on my studies simultanously with ICAEW?........... Muhammad Jaseem
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

As far as ur quiry is concerned tu dear i like to advice u that if u reallyy want to get ACA certification from U.K then firstly u should do ACCA it is an easy route to become a an ACA from ICAEW because there is a lot of exemptions are available in ICAEW .. u know what ICAEW has two main stages, in stage one there are 6 paperz have to be given and in stage two there are three paperz have to be given(including case studies). if u r an ACCA affiliate and qualified all of the ACCA paperz including optional paperz i mean to say 16 paperz rather than 14 paperz then ICAEW stage one is whollty exempted .... this is a big big achievement if u do ACCA ...

REGARDS

ASIF ALI

- sajjad_dar2000 - 11-29-2004

ACA itself is not very hard it’s same like ACCA but the main problem is articleship. I am AAT qualified and got membership as well and easiest route to get the ICAEW is AAT.

To study toward ICEW you must b working with the ICAEW firm. i applied in several companies for articleship to study toward ICAEW but i alway got reply like this, you application is in queue might b it take two to three year to process and one of them replied that they haven’t got vacancies until 2007.

Now i am doing ACCA and i gonna think about ICAEW after the ACCA

As for as exemption is concerned you cant get exemption until you complete your CA and I would like to mention again that you cant study for ICAEW until you get job with ICAEW firm.

Sajjad Dar

Edited by - sajjad_dar2000 on Nov 29 2004 74244 PM

- maani - 11-29-2004

I think u ll not get any exemptions on the basis of CA Foundation

Ace

- label - 11-29-2004

To study ICAEW in the UK, you need to be employed by and ICAEW accredited employer!

Other alternatives for the UK employment market are CIMA, ACCA - neither of these stipulate accredition as a criteria for the qualification and their training/ experience requirements are not as stringent as ICAEW.

Hope that helps!

--------------------------
See Ya
-)
Visit www.accountancystudents.co.uk