Accountancy Forum
degree - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: degree (/showthread.php?tid=1317)

Pages: 1 2

degree - aahad - 11-27-2004

salam everyone
i want to know that what degree or what document we get after completing my ACCA.

- aahad - 11-27-2004

hey ppl wake up and tell me

- Bluewednesday - 11-28-2004

You can only get a degree in Applied Accounting if you submit a research project to Oxford Brookes university.

If you complete ACCA you are a qualified certified accountant which (I have been reliably informed) is roughly equivalent to a masters degree.

Annette

- derivativetrader - 11-28-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

roughly equivalent.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Nice word to describe something! BTW, I don't see any point why some institution would awrad only a bacheors degree if, as you argue, the qualification is actually 'roughly equivalent' to masters. One of the them is got to be wrong.

DT

- gnome - 11-28-2004

"ACCA part III" examinations are comparable to the level of questions set in a relevant masters degree program

but one shouldnt say ACCA is 'equivalent' to a masters degree

theres a world of a difference between the two comparisons

- aahad - 11-28-2004

thanks people for ur reply but what do u mean by reserch project.its mean training or what tell me

- derivativetrader - 11-28-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
thanks people for ur reply but what do u mean by reserch project.its mean training or what tell me

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

A research project generally means you carry out a reserach on any relevent thing to your programme and then write a report. A report then again can be in many forms.

DT

- Bluewednesday - 11-29-2004

Sorry I wasn't very clear. The applied accounting degree is awarded after completing level 2 exams and submitting a 5000 word research project (in the form of a report) to Oxford Brookes University.

I wasn't saying that the ACCA is the same as a masters, just as gnome has stated, the level of questions are approximately the same.

Annette

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 11-29-2004

Welcome on board BTW( blue wednesday) after going out a very long long debate in accountancystudents.co.uk...

wel guyss dont give unbiased discussions yaaare...the main theme of topic is that what will be got after successfully achieving ACCA so Ahad u wil get

1 ACCA certification (licence will be given when u successfully completing ur three yrs relevent experience so u have become a member of that professional body and able to conduct audit and other services in U.K.) ........

2 If u submitt a research project after completing ACCA part 2 and ur project are passed out by the OXFORD BROOKS university then u will get a Bsc. Honours in applied accounting by that university

3 if u complete ACCA (part 3 ) successfully then further u will get an MBA degree but what procedure are applied to get an MBA degree.... i dont know .

( if point No. 3 is irrelevent then plzz correct me )

REGARDS

ASIF ALI

- smraza - 11-29-2004

salam everyone
i want to know that what degree or what document we get after completing my ACCA.
After reading your question again and again i have the following answer in my mind

FIRST OF ALL 'YOU WILL GET ACCA MEMBERSHIP'
further things have already been mentioned by other members.

SMR

- aahad - 11-29-2004

thanks to all of you.

- maani - 11-29-2004

u ll get a certificate i.e u ll be a certified accountant

Ace

- gnome - 11-30-2004

Welcome on board BTW( blue wednesday) after going out a very long long debate in accountancystudents.co.uk...

wel guyss dont give unbiased discussions yaaare...the main theme of topic is that what will be got after successfully achieving ACCA so Ahad u wil get

1 ACCA certification (licence will be given when u successfully completing ur three yrs relevent experience so u have become a member of that professional body and able to conduct audit and other services in U.K.) ........

2 If u submitt a research project after completing ACCA part 2 and ur project are passed out by the OXFORD BROOKS university then u will get a Bsc. Honours in applied accounting by that university

3 if u complete ACCA (part 3 ) successfully then further u will get an MBA degree but what procedure are applied to get an MBA degree.... i dont know .

( if point No. 3 is irrelevent then plzz correct me )

REGARDS

ASIF ALI

"license will be given..."

- license for what??

"if u complete ACCA (part 3 ) successfully then further u will get an MBA degree but what procedure are applied to get an MBA degree.... i dont know ."

- yes its irrelevant. after part III you have the option of 'distance learning' program by Oxford Brookes

- sajjad_dar2000 - 11-30-2004

salam everyone

you will get ACCA Certification/award which is equal to hon degree.
After completion of three years relevant experience so would become a member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountant and would able to get the ACCA licence

Sajjad Dar

- sajjad_dar2000 - 11-30-2004

"if u complete ACCA (part 3 ) successfully then further u will get an MBA degree but what procedure are applied to get an MBA degree.... i dont know ."

As for as I know London College of Accountancy started a programme to get MBA degree after the completion of ACCA. You have to enrol with LCA (London College of Accountancy) during the ACCA part III core paper and then you have to study toward MBA, which is 6 month in length after the ACCA.

"Licence will be given"

Licence to write the ACCA after your name, Licence to open your own firm etc…..

Sajjad Dar

Edited by - sajjad_dar2000 on Nov 30 2004 63823 PM