Accountancy Forum
PAK-AUS series - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: PAK-AUS series (/showthread.php?tid=1415)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- n/a6 - 12-27-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Cricket Is By chance <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

But this phrase is also commonly refered to when Discussing Cricket. And is used to denote that Anything Can Happen In Cricket.....

Lets have a discussion upon some Interesting Events.

Let me start

Does anyone remember Saqlain And Waqar Taking away a match Against India with a Single on the last Bowl..... Cricket By chance////

Any further comments... And Interesting Events like Above.....

- Azeem Shah Khan - 12-27-2004

history of pakistani cricket is full of "single handed" wins, which proves their inconsistency and lack of team spirit. i think all the players in pak cricket team can do wonders on THEIR day but GOOD teams dont rely on sole performances rather they put more effort on the joint input.

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- bilal azhar - 12-27-2004

Dear swalat as far as one day cricket is concerned i agree that it is by chance where one batsman fires and u are home.but in test cricket there is no such thing as "by chance".
Test cricket is a real and genuine cricket and only that team which plays better for the whole five days,wins.
hang on a second and wait what happens in the next four days.the pitch is beauty to bat on and australia have seven world class batsman each one of them have average of over 45 in test cricket.i thing they are going to hammer pakistan in second and third day.
my prediction is that they will score over 500 runs.

bilal

- n/a6 - 12-27-2004

So what is ur opinion abt todays play. I think that it was 50-50., With Australia stealing the earlier Half Belonging to Australia- restricting Pak only to 341 But Pak fought Back very well to trake the 5 wickets of Australia but again the later half again was also for Australia with Gilchrist and Martyn Stealing the Initiative from Pak. Lets See What Happens Tomorrow..... Hope For The Best......

Cricket is ny Chance....... Just see the match between BAngladesh ANd India for There 3rd ODI Victory...

Here Is a Breif Article Extracted from Cricpoint. com
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>DHAKA - Bangladesh celebrated their 100th one-dayer with a rare win over a Test-playing nation when they stunned India by 15 runs in the second one-day international.

Bangladesh restricted an experimental Indian side to 214 with their disciplined bowling and fielding after scoring 229-9 to post their only third win against a Test-playing country.

Their two previous victories came against Pakistan and Zimbabwe. This was their sixth win overall in one-day internationals.

A capacity crowd erupted with joy when Aftab Ahmed ran out last-man Murali Kartik with a direct-hit to the non-striker's end to complete Bangladesh's first-ever win at home.

The Bangladeshi cricketers hugged each other and danced on the field to savour a rare moment in their one-day cricket history.

Bangladesh captain Habibul Bashar said an all-round effort was the key to the team's splendid victory.

"For us every one-day win is important, especially against a Test-playing nation," he said.

"It was an all-round performance that helped us level the series. But we are not thinking of winning the series at this moment, but just to carry the same form into the deciding game (on Monday).

"I think Mohammad Kaif's run out was the turning point of the match."

Bangladesh found more than one hero in their sensational triumph against India, who had rested two key batsmen (Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid) and as many bowlers (paceman Irfan Pathan and spinner Harbhajan Singh).

Mashrafe Mortaza gave a superb all-round performance, scoring a crucial 31 not out off just 39 balls as a tail-ender. His 39-run stand for the ninth wicket with Tapash Baisya eventually proved vital in a tight match.

He then dismissed opener Virender Sehwag for nought and Mahendra Dhoni for 12 for his two big wickets.

Teenager Aftab Ahmed (67) scored a maiden half-century to prop up the Bangladeshi innings and then seamer Baisya grabbed two wickets for just 35 runs in his tight 10 overs to provide valuable support to Mortaza.

Bangladesh also backed their tight bowling with smart fielding to make India struggle for runs. Rajin Saleh effected an important run-out, catching well-set Kaif (49) short of the crease with an underarm throw.

Mortaza and Baisya had rattled India in their opening spells as they dismissed Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh to reduce the tourists to 5-2.

Sourav Ganguly (22) steadied the innings with Sridharan Sriram (57), but was unable to score freely. He soon lost his patience and the wicket, caught by Mortaza off Khaled Mahmud.

India were in deep trouble at 114-4 after Sriram's bizzare dismissal.

Sriram tried to sweep left-arm spinner Mohammad Rafique, but missed it. The ball hit wicket-keeper Khaled Mashud's pads and disturbed the bails.

Sriram, apparently not knowing where the ball was, ran for a single and the wicket-keeper promptly gathered the ball and plucked the stump out of the ground.

Sriram had struck three successive fours in that eventful over before being stumped, including a reverse-sweep to complete his maiden half-century.

Earlier, Ahmed scored a defiant half-century as Bangladesh recovered from 37-3 reach a respectable total.

All-rounder Ajit Agarkar dismissed two of the three batsmen to become only the second Indian after Kapil Dev to take 200 wickets and score more than 1,000 runs in one-dayers <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Lets hope Pakistan Upsets Australia in this Test match to Even the seeries 1-1... that will make the 3rd match very Exciting...

- Azeem Shah Khan - 12-28-2004

thumbs up pakistan!!!

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- bilal azhar - 12-28-2004

dear swalat bangladesh won an ODI against india by chance. but remember it was an ODI.i once again repeat that u cannot win a test match by chance.u can win an ODI but not a test match.That is why bangladesh have rare one day wins over pakistan,india and zimbabwe but they still have not won a single test match.
As far as pakistan is concerned i also want pakistan to win and i must admit they played well in the first two days but i still think that they dont have the consistency to play well in the last three days.one bad session agaist australi and u are gone.
Look what happend yesterday morning.pakistan was in tremendous position and they threw away the advantage.Razaq scored 4 runs not out on 76 balls.He was playing not for pakistan but for himself.he was just making sure that he keeps his position in the side.It is these kinds of things which makes me angry at pakistani players.
If pakistan loses this test match i think Razaq will be the only man responsible for it.

bilal

- n/a6 - 12-28-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>still think that they dont have the consistency to play well in the last three days.one bad session agaist australi and u are gone.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

U r very Right..... Pakistan Has just Lost this match In todays session... Bhaioon Pakistani team Ko jAgaayoo

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... S w a l a t ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

- maani - 12-28-2004

what happened today...I didn't see the match today...

Ace

- maani - 12-28-2004

What about shoaib akhter...somethimes he perform really like a great fast bowler...and at times he do completely the opposite thing...
this indicates that he have problems with the injured captain...
some ppl are also saying that soon one of them will leave the team...

Ace

- bilal azhar - 12-29-2004

pakistan is gone.

bilal

- maani - 12-29-2004

kion what happened today...when I switch on my TV...starsports was broadcasting England's match....that means...k Pk team ne apni okaat dikha di...

Ace

- n/a6 - 12-29-2004

Thats a quick recap pf the match which Pakistan has lost today....

Pak 341/10(107.3)
& 163/10(64.2)
Aus 379/10(99.3)
& 127/1 (27.4)
Aus won by 9 wickets

Thats the summary of this match and Friends PAKISTAN NE APNO UKAT DIKHA HI DI..............

- bilal azhar - 12-30-2004

pakistan always shows its ukat. yeh koi nai bat nahin.
To make matter worse sami,shoaib malik,razaq,and inzamam are out of the third test due to injuries.
when bob woolmer was the coach of south africa,they were the best side in the world,better than australia.now he is the coach of pakistan and i think we are the third worse side in the world beside zimbabwe and bangladesh.
what it really tells u is that coach cannot do anything to pakistani players.In a team of 16 players,4 are out injured and shoaib akhtar can be injured anytime.
i think they should call me in australia.

bilal

- Azeem Shah Khan - 12-30-2004

yet another disappointment

- n/a6 - 12-30-2004

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
yet another disappointment

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

I havent seen Pakistany team united against any country rather than India. And dissapointments for Pakistani Team and Specially Against Australia is a common thing.......