Accountancy Forum
HELP me about ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: HELP me about ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=1455)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- Desert Sleet - 03-04-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sahar_M</i>
<br /><b> Salam , [)]
recently a frnd adviced me to do CAT instead of A levels. i wanted to know wht is beta for a person wanting to persue CA as a career<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">It will be better for you to join CAT>ACCA>CA instead of A levels>ACCA >CA. This route will also save a year.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">can anyone suggets any gud institutes in lhr ??? [})]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
You can join SKANS or Beaconhouse Business School. PAC is also a good option.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and han max how much time do u guys think a person with basic a/c knowledge i.e. who has taken a/c in O levels will require toi pass CAT part 1 and 2 ( i think normally they both take 3 months each) thnx <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
As you havent stated your acedamic background and your grades in O levels so i cant comment on this subject anymore. Still the average time to complete CAT is approximately 1 year. Only if you are competent enough.</b>

<b>Dont take it as a final verdict as this is me and my perspective.</b>

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- inam_satti - 03-09-2005

call 15

- ishaikh - 03-11-2005

I need some information about ACCA.I have checked the acca site and i'm planning to go to uk in july to start my acca.But i am a little hesitant in opting to do ACCA as i have the option to do my bachelors in accounting and finance from some UK university.What i would like to know is would ACCA be a better option or a bachelors degree in accounting and finance?.I have completed my Alevels and have scored a Grade A at 95% in alevel accounting..that sort of forces me to go for ACCA but on the other hand i have heard people quitting in part 2 or 3 cuz it gets so tough.I little help on this would be greatly appreciated.

- Desert Sleet - 03-11-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ishaikh</i>
<br />I need some information about ACCA.I have checked the acca site and i'm planning to go to uk in july to start my acca.But i am a little hesitant in opting to do ACCA as i have the option to do my bachelors in accounting and finance from some UK university.What i would like to know is would ACCA be a better option or a bachelors degree in accounting and finance?.I have completed my Alevels and have scored a Grade A at 95% in alevel accounting..that sort of forces me to go for ACCA but on the other hand i have heard people quitting in part 2 or 3 cuz it gets so tough.I little help on this would be greatly appreciated.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><b>Everyone has different opinions, this one is mine. </b>

Definately ACCA will be a much better option. One plus will be the the BSC Degree(Applied Accounting) which you can take on completion of level 2.

To succeed...You need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you likewise judging by your percentage in Accounting of A lelvels it seems as if you have devoleped some interest in it, and do beleive me it will help you alot in ACCA .

Perhaps the single most important element in mastering the techniques and tactics is experience. But once you have the fundamentals, acquiring the experience is a matter of time.

And Here’s what it takes.

Sit in the front of the class. It’s the first step in getting the instructor to personally know you. You will be more attentive (especially if it’s a huge lecture hall), and you’ll take better notes.

Listen more than write. By listening intently and taking only a few notes as reminders, you’ll form the basis for expanding your notes later in the day.

See if the instructor will review your paper before the deadline. This is especially important if you’re not a good writer. Even if you are a good writer, this step will help you fine-tune your paper and let the instructor know you care about your academics.

Meet deadlines. They’re part of college and life. If you miss them, whether it’s a credit card deadline or enrollment cut-off date, it’ll cause difficulties that will ultimately impact your future.

Plan to study two to three times class time. It’s a simple but accurate equation If you have lecture or lab three hours a week, allow six to nine hours for studying for that class. This is why taking 15 semester hours is considered attending school full time [8D].

If you do poorly on a test, ask for a retake. Instructors generally understand that the first test of a class can be hard to study for. So if you blew an exam, show them you studied hard but just didn’t know what material to focus on. You’ve got nothing to lose by asking to retake the test.

If you must miss a class, ask what you will miss. This will show your instructors that you’re a sincerely ambitious student. It will also prevent you from having to rely on another student for the info.

Test out of classes. Opportunities abound for those who want to test out of certain requirements. Ask your college advisor about what tests your school recognizes for credit.

Schedule a break in the day. You’ll find that an hour or so break during the day is the perfect time to study, use the library or meet with your advisor.

Register as early as possible. A large part of your success depends on your time management skills. Registering as early as possible will help you control your days.

Switch at the beginning of the semester if a class is not right for you. There is nothing wrong with doing this—you are not giving up, you’re simply moving to a better class choice. Better to put your efforts into a class that fits you rather than struggle through a course that doesn’t.

Know the deadline for dropping classes without penalty. Students often get stuck in a class that’s wrong for them simply because they failed to note the drop deadline.

<b>Dont get discouraged because of people who dropped ACCA in middle.</b>

Everyone is different. Everyone has different experiences in their past to draw from so I think we need to grow as a collective to realize that our experiences are not carbon copied. Some of us may have left ACCA and others could have definately cleared it in 1st attempt, BUT some of us DON'T!! . Actually, I bet the feeling might change in different times of life. We have different expereinces and that is .fine., we shouldn't judge each other as having more valid or complete experiences by some checklist!.

- Sahar_M - 03-19-2005

quote Desert Sleet

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can join SKANS or Beaconhouse Business School. PAC is also a good option.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I hv also herd abt these institutes and hv been to some of them . can ant student in ant of the above mentioned institutes say for sure tht the teachers over there r gud i.e. CAT. Can which institute employees the best teachers?????

As you havent stated your acedamic background and your grades in O levels so i cant comment on this subject anymore. Still the average time to complete CAT is approximately 1 year. Only if you are competent enough.

Well I managed to get a B in O levels a/c ( > . and hv presently droped the idea of giving my exams in dec 05 as now i am short of 1 month and dont think will bbe able to achive gud grades in such a short period of time. >

Sahar

- mamalik - 04-05-2005

I would like to inform you all about a new job site for the gulf. This site has a job section which allows candidates for putting thier profile at the same time jobs put by varioius employers. So why not give your self a chance to be seen by firm of accountants in Oman or Gulf as this site is advertised in various media within Gulf.

All the best for finding a new job in the gulf...

The URL is www.accountantsforum.net...

the site also provides assistance and career advice on ACCA

- turithegreat - 04-13-2005

dear waqas ACCA is a UK qualification...so no concept of ACCA from PK...it has 3 parts...3 papers in Part 1, 6 papers in Part 2 and 5 Papers in Part 3...if u pass the papers continuously u will complete ACCA in 2.5 years...(exam held every 6 months)...u can attempt the exams after registration with ACCA...prepration for exams can be done privately or u can join a college like skans or pac

- kool_Ali1 - 04-27-2005

heyy salamzz...Anyone can tell me that after doing CAT from PAK...can we go to uk for doing ACCA....we will get addmission there or not? plz reply me

- Desert Sleet - 04-27-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kool_Ali1</i>
<br />heyy salamzz...Anyone can tell me that after doing CAT from PAK...can we go to uk for doing ACCA....we will get addmission there or not? plz reply me
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Getting student visa is no hard I am also on student visa in UK. You have to follow theses steps to get the student visa.

1) Get admission at any UK institute as full time student.
2) Show them (embassy) proof of your accommodation in UK e.g. a hostel accommodation letter from your University etc.
3) Show them proof of your or your sponsored income
4) Show them proof that you can afford your education in UK without working e.g. bank statements and business or job documents etc.
5) Tell them that you would leave the UK after completion of your education.

- kool_Ali1 - 04-27-2005

ohh ..i was not asking abt visa...i have visa..i m asking that After matrik can i go to london for doing CAT or will i able to get admission there in ACCA after doing CAT here in pakistan.?
Reply me

- turithegreat - 04-28-2005

no brother ACCA is not a course.it is a degree.after completing the ACCA Part-2,you got the Bsc(Hons) degree in applied accounting,after the completion of ACCA Part-2,and after completing the ACCA Part-3,you got the ACCA degree and also win the M.B.A degree

- Desert Sleet - 04-28-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />no brother ACCA is not a course.it is a degree.after completing the ACCA Part-2,you got the Bsc(Hons) degree in applied accounting,after the completion of ACCA Part-2,and after completing the ACCA Part-3,you got the ACCA degree and also win the M.B.A degree
Turi <b>ACCA is a Professional Qualification</b>.

- Pracs - 04-30-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>

Getting student visa is no hard <b>I am also on student visa in UK.</b> You have to follow theses steps to get the student visa.

1) Get admission at any UK institute as full time student.
2) Show them (embassy) proof of your accommodation in UK e.g. a hostel accommodation letter from your University etc.
3) Show them proof of your or your sponsored income
4) Show them proof that you can afford your education in UK without working e.g. bank statements and business or job documents etc.
5) Tell them that you would leave the UK after completion of your education.

Hope I am not being too pesky, but I thought you worked in the UK ?? Well, hey don't have to answer this,,,

- sunny3462 - 05-07-2005

HI..i am hasan..i did my Fsc in the subjects physics,maths and computers...i scored 850 marks in fsc..i dotn want to go ahead in science...as i find accounting more interesting..now i am thinking of doing ACCA..the problem is..i dont wanto waste my time doing CAT..because many people say that one can join ACCA directly in UK or do a 6 months course from university of Lahore..which includes the subjects english n accounting(A levels),they say dat if u do the course(6 months)..u r able to do ACCA part 1 directly no need to do CAT..is this true...and what if i do B.A Accounting from UK..and then do ACCA?..What exemption will i get?please guide me as m confused...is ACCA the only option?any other option in accounting or finance?pls HELP!

- muhammad awais - 05-08-2005

if you want to do so. you should carry on thi sin Pakistan