Accountancy Forum
give me ur best advice - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: give me ur best advice (/showthread.php?tid=1502)

give me ur best advice - koonge - 01-02-2005

hi!i need some info regarding CA/ACCA.i know CA is better.but u see it takes 6 years to complete it.i fear i might not pass in the first attempt n may have to re-appear.how good chances r there 4 me to pass CA in the first attempt.tell me .should i go 4 CA or not?

- n/a6 - 01-02-2005

Plz post some other details abt ur education background..
Although CA is difficult but Jo Ise Pass Kartain Hain Woh insaan Hi Hote Hain Na....

ur chances of getting dassed depends upon ur aptitute , knowledge and devotion.... While i will recommend u to 1st Complete ACCA and then ACA as u will be a holder of 2 Qualifications And it will only take 5 yrs . One yr less than it takes to complete ACA alone....

Thanks........

Happy New Year

- n/a5 - 01-02-2005

Hi. For ca if you can give time 5 to 7 hours for study then you can pass all modules in first attempt

There will be six Modules namely A, B, C, D, E & F.
Foundation and Intermediate Level examinations are held in March and September each year and are called spring and autumn examinations respectively.
Professional Level examinations are held in June and December each year and are called summer and winter examinations respectively.
Each module will consist of three papers with the exception of Module D, E & F which will have four papers;
Papers passed will be retained as per rules of progression provided referral level marks have been achieved in all the remaining papers of the module

The entry stream to this course will be as follows
‘A’ Level (at least two passes with minimum Grade E
Higher Secondary School Certificate/Intermediate in Science, Commerce or Arts with
a minimum of 45% marks.
Graduate of any discipline
Candidate who has been unsuccessful in the direct Foundation Examination (taken
privately as per scheme).
Other candidates having equivalent qualifications recognized by the ICAP.

Eligibility
Graduates ( 2nd Division and Below) and Postgraduates( 2nd Division and Below) from universities recognized by UGC
Non Graduates (with at least 45% marks in Intermediate or 2 Passes at A Level in grades A to E)
Candidates are allowed to appear in PPT on awaiting result basis

Exemptions from PPT
The graduates and candidates holding HSC Certificate (At least 60 % Marks)
A Levels candidate with two C grades
The candidates holding recognized professional or master degree
subjects in each module
Module A
A1
Functional English
A2
Quantitative Methods
A3
Introduction to Economics & Finance
Mr. Mahmood ul Hassan
CCPT
Course of Computer Practical Training

Module B
B4
Introduction to Financial accounting
B5
Mercantile Law
B6
Introduction to Information Technology

Module C
C7
Financial Accounting
C8
Taxation
C9
Business Communication & Behavioural St
PSTC
Presentation Skill Training Course

Module D
D10
Company Law
D11
Auditing
D12
Cost Accouning
D13
Information Technology

Module E

Accounting Reporting
Auditing
Corporate Law
Business Management

Module F

Management Accounting
BFD
Taxation
IT

HEART BEATS ( try try again )

- n/a6 - 01-02-2005

I hope this will further clarify the system of ICAP to koonge....

What r ur comments koonge.... and what abt ur education Background and ur interests and also dont forget to introduce ur self in the Introduction Section.....

Thanks........

Happy New Year

- the_farhan - 01-02-2005

<font face='Verdana'>
salaaaam all,

mr. koonge, realistically speaking, ACA will take ATLEAST six yrs. this is the most optimistic budget tht v can put. otherwise 7 yrs is also very common range. if time is not the major factor, then CA is good choice. but if u ve soime sort of time-constraints, think hard before plunging in ACA.
</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Sarfaraz - 01-02-2005

hi mr Koonge
iss se koi farq nahi parta ke aap kitne ghante parhte ho
difference iss baat se parta hai ke ap kitna retain kerte ho
i think it is enough to study 4 hours in a day... in exam days )
o bhai aa jao CA main itna mushkil nahi hai jitna mash hoor hai...
welcome to CA .... the father of all commerce qualifications )

There is a will. There is a way.
www.sarfraz.cjb.net
0333-4502662

- maani - 01-02-2005

it ll be a miracle if somebuddy now passes CA in very 1st attempt...coz Modular sys. has really make it tough...

Ace

- n/a6 - 01-03-2005

Although it is difficult and the Modular sys realy adds to it but still there are few ppl who Qualify CA in very st attempt and i have even seen many ppl passing CA till Mod F in very first attempt and then getting stuck in there.... ie in Mod F......... It happened with my cousin......

Thanks........

Happy New Year

- maani - 01-03-2005

luck is also one the major factors in accountancy exams...
ur knowledge is the second...
time management is the third...
what do u ppl think...
comment plz...

Ace

- n/a6 - 01-03-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
luck is also one the major factors in accountancy exams...
ur knowledge is the second...
time management is the third...
what do u ppl think...
comment plz...

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

But i reckon that Knowledge, Hard Work and Devotion comes First .... and then Luck..... And all of them is needed to ensure a secessfull Student......

Thanks........

Happy New Year

- koonge - 01-05-2005

thank u 4 all the information hearbeats.it really did help.i have decided to do CA .as one of u guys said CA bhi insaan hi karte .thanks 4 ur advice.by the way i`m not a mr koonge.i m a female n a student of A levels at ST PATRICKS HIGH SCHOOL KHI.

- n/a5 - 01-06-2005

Hi kongee you always welcome.
Good luck with good wishes , hope u will get success every field you chose
With regards

HEART BEATS ( try try again )

- maani - 01-06-2005

and if u have accounting, economics and maths as ur subjects in A Levels...then u would pass the intial modules easily

Ace

- seesamad - 01-07-2005

YES YES YES .... Mr.sam said absolutely right i strongly agreed on this point that ACCA is highly reoutable professional qualification in the Global Market . please do mention first your academic , At the spot i will prefer u to just join ACCA because of its international recognition and due to its current demanding need by the industry .
Basically when u r talking about ACCA in UK and also in europe the ACCA's are tigers. because before starting ACCA it was also a DILEMMA for me and usually almost students faces that type of situation before jumping in the professional scenario. a short about ACCA.ACCA is very professional body in GLasgow-UK and it is 100's years old . Now u can imagine its importance .......... haan uptill CA its also prefessional qualification but needs lot of dedication from a student a needs lot of time but a student os ACCA can also passed ACCA in 3 years also as well and can get the global recognition and stamp of CHARTERED CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANT . but in CA u have to hardwork a lot and have to wait a lot to be CA.
Regards!
Abdul Samad MBA (iiu) ACCA (2.3 & 2.4)

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
the best thing would be to go for profesional qualification like ACCA or CIMA first because these are the qualiications which RULE in the business world . Our MBA's and CA's are not very much recognised so its better u do some Professioanl Qualification and then switch to CA if u like because after that u will get Exemption for CA inter aswell.
these qualification are recognised in the whole world as compared to CA.Ca of ICAEW is a recognised CA.

===============================================
Two rules of happy living

1. The ability to experience Everything.
2. Be able to create an effect that can be easily experienced by others.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

www.geocities.com/samadsh