Accountancy Forum
scope of science and engineering - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: scope of science and engineering (/showthread.php?tid=1537)

scope of science and engineering - maani - 01-08-2005

There was a time when everybuddy in Pakistan after doing F.Sc was rushing towards Engineering University(UET)...
But as we know there is no more enough room for engineers and scientists in Pakistan...now every buddy is rushing towards CA and ACCA...
What will happen with the field of accountancy?
As in the last 5 years of the last century everybuddy in Pakistan was doing "BCS" and "MCS"...but the field of computers is dead now...
Before that BCS and MCS period was the period of "MBA"...the MBA field is also dead now...the only two "MBAs" that are active in Pakistan are the MBAs of LUMS and IBA...
Now LUMS has launched "SSE" school of science and engineering...and I think it will help to awake the dead "engineering" field in Pakistan...

Ace

- jbladeus - 01-08-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>...but the field of computers is dead now...<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

no profession ever dies maani. Its just that ppl over here are not enterprising enough to realise the true potential of IT related businesses and hence are not investing in it. Therefore, there is a saturation situation for IT professionals, ie too many pros and not enough jobs. Otherwise, if you look on a global scale, IT industry is still growing at a very healthy rate.

- maani - 01-09-2005

one more thing is the dual standard of education...coz IT professionals of LUMS and FAST are 100% employed after completing their education...as compared with LUMS and FAST, Punjab university is admiting thousands of students every year in their IT dept. resulting in unemployement of their graduates....

Ace

Edited by - maani on Jan 08 2005 84450 PM

- the_farhan - 01-09-2005

<font face='Verdana'>
salaam all;

no field/discipine of education ever dies. it is just the game of supply & demand. remember the pair -of-scissiors??? this is just tht.

the apparent reason of resession, in the fields of management n IT in particular, n in engineering n some other fields in general,is tht lots of institutions ve started offering degrees in it. most of them do not deliver good quality education as well. the reulting passing out graduates, therefore, cannot do up to the mark in job. but the institutions tht kept their standard high, still enjoy the same good reputation. just look at IBA, LUMS, NED etc, their graduates still get jobs before getting their final marksheets n degrees.

</font id='Verdana'>

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Shahid_fss - 01-09-2005

I think it is the problem of wrong policies that suddenly demand increases and decreases.
In a developing county like Pak it happens every day. As the process of dev will increase, we'll see that demand for professionals will rise too.
Students & perents can also help solve this probelm if they choose veriety of fields including technichal education rather then rushing towards a single field.
I guess we should follow china,..... what you say?

```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
http//www.shahid-fss.tk

- sohana - 01-09-2005

u r 100% rite
eng n med fields r dead now
look at that just 1500 seats in panjab n students who take entry test r more than 15thousands so look at that
eng is still alive a bit bez there r so many branches of it
but in med just 1
pharmacy isnt so cute
ca will become same after some 5-10 years
that is my challenge yar like mba
n there is no future of anything in pakistan

- derivativetrader - 01-09-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

n there is no future of anything in pakistan

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

It can all work out if we have 'career' officers in top management of insitutions in Pakistan. Why do govt. has policy to 'settle' its top armed forces employees on retirement by givin them 'chairmanship' or whatever of that magnitude?

- Goodman - 01-09-2005

Hey DT

Now I know why I love your contribution so much on this forum.

- maani - 01-09-2005

Hi,

"ca will become same after some 5-10 years
that is my challenge yar like mba"

This will not happen Sohana...because ICAP is the only institute which is producing CAs unlike MBAs...only in lahore there are more than 20 institutes who are offering MBA programme...But ICAP is the only One for CA...
The time period of CA is the 2nd major factor which I think is the most effective thing that maintains demand of CAs...
The number of CAs who pass final examinations are not more than 75 every year...
The examination system of ICAP is toughest as compared to Eng. and Medical Colleges...

Thatz y I think CA will not be like MBA or Med. and Eng. even after 50 years...

Ace

- derivativetrader - 01-09-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hey DT

Now I know why I love your contribution so much on this forum.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks Goodman. Please email me abt the programme that we discussed over the phone.

DT

- maani - 01-11-2005

Hi DT,

"It can all work out if we have 'career' officers in top management of insitutions in Pakistan. Why do govt. has policy to 'settle' its top armed forces employees on retirement by givin them 'chairmanship' or whatever of that magnitude?"

They gives the reason that armed forces employees are grade 20 and grade 21 officers when they retires...so they deservers the chairmanship of other institutions...

Ace