Accountancy Forum
importance of reference in Big Three - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: importance of reference in Big Three (/showthread.php?tid=1543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- khurram_jamal - 05-09-2005

Hello YAROOOOOO

I also want for a Big (BOM.....BOMB--mm) Reference to go in KPMG, FERGUESONS, FORDROAD SADAT HADER & CO in ISLAMABAD.

Any person can help me??

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM AFZAL KHAN (MBA)

- fahim239 - 05-10-2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------
quote-
Ques
wat is reguired to go in fu.guson and other firms

ANS
reference(safarish)
----------------------
<b>Yaar I agree with You but not Completely</b>!! Bcause if you are an outstanding student you can easily make your way into these Firms.Just recently two seniors from my institute started Articles with KPMG Without any reference!

fahim

- bilal azhar - 05-10-2005

Fahim i agree with u that if u are good enough then u should be able to get into big three.if u have a good academic record all through ur career then u have a very good chance of being selected.

if u have passed ca inter in first four attempts or even in first six attempts and if u have marks of over 75% in both matric and F.a THEN u have a chance but if a student with a big reference is ur competitor then forget about ur record.

bilal

- khurram_jamal - 05-10-2005

Hi

I also want for a Big Reference to Jump into the Big Three Firms AF FERGUESONS, KPMG, FORDROAD SADAT HAIDER & CO CAs.

CAn any body would help me in this regard

*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES****

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM JAMAL KHAN (MBA)(CA-Module-C)

- fahim239 - 05-12-2005

quote-
1st ACTUARIAL COLLEGE IN RAWILPINDI
PAKISTAN INSTITUTE OF ACTUARIES (PIA)
· Full preperation of all courses......A unique system of studies
· 1st Batch of P+FM is starting from 15th of July
· Arrangement of LOW COST BOOKS
· Best Coaching center+JOB GUIDE
Address Awan Town, Naseer Abad, Rawilpindi
Contact 4 more information abidgulkk@yahoo.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irrelevant post.Please see where U are Posting your post before doing.There are topics about this Actuarial institute then why people post in the Firms area!!!

fahim

- khurram_jamal - 05-12-2005

Hi

I also want for a Big Reference to Jump into the Big Three Firms AF FERGUESONS, KPMG, FORDROAD SADAT HAIDER & CO CAs.

- fahim239 - 05-12-2005

quote-
Fahim i agree with u that if u are good enough then u should be able to get into big three.if u have a good academic record all through ur career then u have a very good chance of being selected.

if u have passed ca inter in first four attempts or even in first six attempts and if u have marks of over 75% in both matric and F.a THEN u have a chance but if a student with a big reference is ur competitor then forget about ur record.

bilal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bilal you are right but if we start thinking of a reference right from the start then it might distract us from our commitment to hard work. We should do our best in studies and then if available use reference as well!

fahim

- fahim239 - 05-12-2005

quote-
Hi

<b>*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES****</b>
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM JAMAL KHAN (MBA)(CA-Module-C)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.Khan Help Yourself

fahim

- salmanj - 06-02-2005

Hi there. I am an ACCA Affiliate, just recently finished ACCA and since I plan to do CA, I have been looking for articles in a decent audit firm. I agree with most of the posts made here, but some are completely wrong.

Bilal your prejudice against ACCAs is completely obvious, though based on my personal experience, I can confirm that audit firms do not prefer ACCAs over CAs, (though they should because we have a far better understanding of accounting as compared to CA inter).

I was rejected in Fergusons, and 22 CA inter were recruited. No ACCA student made it. I gave the test in THK, and the test was based on CA inter syllabus. It even had a 10 mark question on Pakistan Law, which ofcourse ACCA students have no idea about. I applied in Yousaf Adil, and the manager told me, rather bluntly that their firm prefers CA inter guys, and they are yet to hire a single ACCA student. As for FRSH, they havent started recruitments yet.

I also think referances are VERY important. Your case gets stronger if you have referances. I scored above 80% in Matric and 75% in Inter, and I was not even called in Fergusons. Guys from my batch with referances were called up, though their scores were 60% in Matric and Inter. They were later rejected, and they say the reason was their referance wasnt strong enough. I think if I had some sort of referance, they would have atleast called me for an interview.

- bilal azhar - 06-05-2005

Salmanj if firms are preferring ca inter students then it is quite just and right. i was talking about with particular reference to ford rhodes and that too six months ago.

i dont know whether u are lieing or the manager in yousuf adil was lieing. i can tell u with 100% surety that there are 8-9 acca student in yousuf adil in their Lahore office.

i dont want to start another debate about ca inter v/s acca. all i want to say is that now that i have joined a firm and have watched the calibre of acca students,my believe is getting stronger and stronger. u will be amazed to know that some of the acca students consider their abilities lower than ca students themselves.

u, yourself told us that an acca student doesnot know anything about company law,taxation,mercantile law etc of pakistan and on these basis u are trying to get admission in an audit firm of pakistan.if they have refused u,then they are quite right.

bilal

Edited by - bilal azhar on Jun 04 2005 100444 PM

- zingermale - 06-06-2005

its a complex situation, no doubt your resume' and cover letter are the most important thing but alot depends on the recruiting officers and the overall professionalism of the company you are applying to.
The next thing is how confident you are when they try to nail you down in the interviews, believe me in certain jobs the interviews and your personaility matter more than anything, even more than your academics.

Sifaarish in our beloved country is meant to be for ppl lacking in the three prime factors, your resume', cover letter and cofidence (interviews).

aab imagine a scenrio where ur competing for a job & where saafirsh does work (due to messed up ethics of the company), u dont hav any backing up of referneces and there is this person XYZ who has a safaraish, ALONG with the same academic credentials as you do.... guess who is going to be selected, of course XYZ.
This is why i said the game is quite comples, if you dont have the sifarish and have the academic credentials, then very soon you will be selected, ( InshALLAH P )and if you dont have any of the two, then keep on the hard work of finding ways to get employed, bass never give up and you will eventually have it, as hard work does pay off well, though in the long run....it worked in my case at least !

- salmanj - 06-07-2005

Bilal, if you didnt want to start another ACCA v/s CA debate, you should not have replied. Since all I see in your reply is how CA is better than ACCA. Like I said before, your opinions are biased and baseless.

Your CA articles start after you pass module D, while for an ACCA who wants to do CA, the articles start when hes done ACCA and registered to ICAP. This means an ACCA applying for CA articles is up against a CA inter. Do you know an ACCA has already studied the subjects a CA inter will study in moudle E and F?

Do me a favour, before you start mouthing off next time, just review the CA inter and ACCA syllabus. The ACCA syllabus is more complex, has more depth and is more up-to-date with the recent devolopements in Accounting and Management.

As an example, the latest IFRS and IAS adjustments were not examinable for CA until the June 05 attempt, while we studied them as soon as IASB approved them. I contacted ICAP and asked them why are the students studying standards that are no longer applicable in their December attempt, and the reply I got from ICAP was because the standards book wasnt available in the market. ICAP cant even get hold of the rights to the latest standards book. Which means somebody who did CA in December did so by studying outdated syllabus.

You actually think a CA has more abilities than an ACCA? That is just absurd. The ACCA syllabus covers all of CA and more. But you can think what you want. Personally, I think an ACCA qualified is far better than even a CA qualified. And I explained a few reasons why I think so. I would like to hear your reasons as well.

I bet the people you mentioned who think CAs have more abilities than them are part qualified. Comparing ACCA and CA students is plain stupid. The sequence of studies is different. If you are big on comparisions, compare an ACCA with a CA.

I never said anything about tax. I only said law. We have not studied Pakistan law so its no surprise we dont know which sections apply where. Again, NOT TAX, ONLY LAW. Okay? There are no major differences when it comes to tax. You think a firm prefers a CA inter because he has studied Pakistan law and we havent? To me that sounds silly, and I doubt if thats the case. But even if it is, its no longer an issue since the Pakistan tax/law variant has been introduced in ACCA.

Its true firms prefer a CA inter over an ACCA, and the reason is not what you stated, the reason is their misconception. Most firms feel an ACCA will not stick around for the 3 year period. And its true, most ACCAs leave the firm after a few months. Since our degree is internationally recognisable, most ACCAs leave the country, or get a job here instead of doing articles. You would be surprised to hear that an ACCA affiliate with no articles can get a pretty decent job with a decent salary. So, its hard for an ACCA to get CA articles in a decent firm without a referance. And thats the point I made in my previous post.

And no, I dont believe any ACCA affiliate is doing his CA articles from Yousaf Adil, since those were the manager's exact words, and I have a feeling he is more credible than you.

- bilal azhar - 06-08-2005

Salmanj,U are asking for trouble and here it comes.

Salmanj,u say that acca qualified is better than ca qualifed,but i dont consider him to be any where equal to CA inter.

i firstly told u with 100% surety,now i am telling u with 500% surety that there are 8-10 acca students in Lahore office of Yousuf adil.If U still dont believe me,then go to the hell.

Now i really knew,why the audit manager at yousuf adil lied to u.

I am sure that all these acca students particularly qualified has an inferiority complex against the ca students.

yes,those students were partly qualified acca students but i am partly qualified ca aswell,why dont i say that acca is better than ca.

The main reason why people are doing acca in pakistan is to get an easy route into the ca. IF u think that acca is far better than ca,then why u people register for ca after getting exemption from ca inter.

Most students think that acca is easier to pass than ca inter and that is why they adopt an easy route.Firstly they qualify acca and then register for ca after getting exemption.

u say that acca students have already studied some of the subjects of module E AND F.Then why they dont get pass after having limitless attempts in E and F.

U people has a habit of easy pickings and thats why when u appear in module E ur level is not the same than that of a ca inter student.ur method of studying,system of examination,level of paper is quite differnet to icaps and thats why when acca students join ca they study in their way and not the icaps way,thats why very few acca qualified gets qualify as ca.

Even,the audit managers ask a student before sending him on the audit,whether he is a ca student or an acca student.if the job is quite complex,then ca student is prefered.

If u people think that acca is better than ca,then stop doing ca after completing ur acca.Because u are wasting ur time and if u are plannig to do the same thing,then firstly change ur thinking and if u are reluctant to do this,then dont waste ur time.

CA is not a childs play just like ACCA.

bilal

- salmanj - 06-08-2005

Bilal, I had a feeling you were a retard, thanks for reinforcing that for me.

You have neither the knowledge nor the sense to keep your end of this arguement going. I suggest you keep quiet. Again, your reply is full of baseless comments. I didnt even want to reply to your bullcrap, but its for your own good. Read on.

This topic wasnt even about ACCA or CA, the point I tried to make was that its not easy for an ACCA to get CA articles in a decent firm without a referance. Its harder for us than a CA inter, which isnt fair. Your reply has got nothing whatsoever to do with the actual topic.

In my previous reply I proved to you how the ACCA syllabus is more up-to-date, and you come back crying like a baby "CA is better, CA is better." On what grounds can you say that? Why is CA better? Because you are doing it? Dont blame me if you wernt smart enough to do ACCA yourself. Take out your frustration on somebody else.

Just think for a second if your brain(?) has the capacity to do so. CA is a local degree, it relates to local conditions. Nobody recognises this degree abroad. ACCA is globally recognised. It is recognised all over the world, even in Pakistan. That right there is enough evidence to prove how wrong you are. How can you even think about comparing a local degree with a global degree. There is no comparision. Are you really that stupid? Even our textbooks are far superior than yours. Did you know many module F students study from ACCA books for SFM? Ofcourse I can give ALOT of other reasons why ACCA is better than CA, but consider yourself spared, for now.

Dont just start droning on like a complete idiot, back your comments with some sort of evidence. Have you reviewed the ACCA syllabus like I told you to? I bet not.

You wrote

"The main reason why people are doing acca in pakistan is to get an easy route into the ca. IF u think that acca is far better than ca,then why u people register for ca after getting exemption from ca inter. Most students think that acca is easier to pass than ca inter and that is why they adopt an easy route.Firstly they qualify acca and then register for ca after getting exemption."

A word of advice, dont speak about something you dont know about. You will only end up embarassing yourself. Almost 300 people qualified for ACCA in the last attempt, and do you know how many of those registered with ICAP for CA? Four. And you say most people do ACCA so they can do CA. If you dont believe me, call ICAP or the ACCA Lahore office and they will confirm it for you.

You wrote

"u say that acca students have already studied some of the subjects of module E AND F.Then why they dont get pass after having limitless attempts in E and F."

I was in Skans Garden Town, Lahore. Two of my teachers were ACCA qualified registered to ICAP. One of them passed both modules E and F in his first attempt, and the other passed E in his first attempt and is appearing for F. Their names are Salman Baray and Muhammad Bilal, go to the college and ask for yourself. I had another teacher, who came through CA and had failed module E, seven times. Other than that, I dont know a single person who did CA after ACCA. Because people usually dont do that.

The reason I chose ACCA was because of the additional degree. When I am done with modules E and F, I shall have an ACCA degree and a CA degree. I have the option of working abroad if I want to, or stay here.

You wrote

"Salmanj,u say that acca qualified is better than ca qualifed,but i dont consider him to be any where equal to CA inter."

Haha. Thats the funniest thing I've heard all week. You are really funny, which is really convenient. If you dont make it through CA, I'm sure you will have a great career as a clown.

And the ACCAs you are saying that work in Yousaf Adil must be partly qualified, which means their articles do not count as CA articles.

I'm sure I have managed to straighten out most of the misconceptions you had. I will not reply to you unless you have something new or valid to say. So before you decide to torture us with your bad English think about what you are going to say, and back it up.

- Pracs - 06-08-2005

End of first round,.. I'd Say Salmanj is up one point,.. care for a second round here, fellas...