Accountancy Forum
importance of reference in Big Three - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: importance of reference in Big Three (/showthread.php?tid=1543)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- mzosama - 06-25-2005

Salaam,
Yes its true that local degree previals over the international degree. ACCA lags behind the Local TAX and LAW. Infact now ACCA has included Pakistani TAX variant in ACCA. Salmanj has many times emphasized over the ACCA and CA syllabus. The point is that ACCA includes much deeper and uptodate knowledge about the standards, cost accounting and strategic information management.
To pass all ACCA core papers in a row, one has to gain and understand the knowledge of all standards, and other stuff like APV (Adjusted Net Present Value), Beta (Used in calculating the risk of company which is used to calculate discount rate and the valuation of companies. CAPM) Foreign Currency (Forward Rate Agreement, Futures, SWAPS, Options, Swaptions) etc..these terms are not well knownn to CA inter students..These topics are tested in CA Mod E. So it is useless to compare ACCA with CA inter in repect of syllabus. (TAX and LAW excluded. ACCA have more knowledge than CA inter..

i think i have to give you the link of core question paper which was examined
http//www.accaglobal.com/students/professionalscheme/paper3_7/pastpapers/3-7_2004_dec_q.pdf

Just read out the questions and then tell me whether CA inter student understand these type of questions...

Saying that ACCA is not equal to CA inter is useless..

Allah Hafiz.

Usama Zulfiqar
www.webcontra.com
www.mzosama.cjb.net

- mzosama - 06-25-2005

Infact most of the above topics which i have mentioned come in CA mod F...

Usama Zulfiqar
www.webcontra.com
www.mzosama.cjb.net

- mimran - 07-08-2005

These days the criteria has changed.now preference is given to a person having a good safarsh.NO attention is paid to academic record and the no of attempts.

bilal

M Imran

- orio - 07-09-2005

Who is Gonna tell me the status of " Khalid Majeed Hussain Rehman and Company" in Chartered accountancy firms. Thanking You!!!

- Moon - 08-02-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />adding to what has been said above, references may help someone get into a firm but entry is not everything one wants, one has to prove his 'presence' which can only be done if you know your stuff.

dear bilal, you keep up your hard work and InshAllah you will soon get the benefits.

regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

then will you please tell me what happens to a deserving person who can not enter into big 4 mere because a damn reference holding cuts his ligitimate right.

------------------------
Be careful! Words speak....

- Moon - 08-02-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by orio</i>
<br />Who is Gonna tell me the status of " Khalid Majeed Hussain Rehman and Company" in Chartered accountancy firms. Thanking You!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Well first you tell me, are u a former KMHR student, if yes then the now KMRSRIR student welcome you. To answer your question, the decision is still pending and the issue is in pipe line.

------------------------
Be careful! Words speak....

- ibrishah - 08-14-2005

The way they traeted you doesnt suite a CA firm. This is ones personal matter either to join CA or ACCA. Any how as in this country every thing is possible for a class of people and much is impossible for another class of people. Dont loose heart and wait for good time. take care

Ibri

- elpayt - 08-29-2005

salamz
hey man why are all of you talking in this manner
man just fill the form and wait for the call of interview
if you have the ability they'll select you
i'm not saying that reference does'nt matter but it can't get you the selection . its my personal experiance.
i'm doing my articles in THK since last 1.5 years.I got(ALHAMDULILAH)
appointment in 4 of the firms AFF, THK, FORD RHODES and YOUSUF ADIL.
at that time i didn't have any reference. as far as the story of receptionist of THK he is a blody sucker ,he thought of him self like he is a senior partner
if he create any problem for you just call to MR hashim the new HR manager HE is a very nice guy he'll help you .
keep your trust in ALLAH and rest is useless
TC

- shaaar00 - 09-17-2005

Guys, salam
Eventhough i don't know the background of this fight as to what is better CA or ACCA or whatever, but i really want to ask you both; heck why are you soo demeaning to eachother. its just another degree, another tool to access your living. see i was on this forum just to keep up with Accounting profession in Pak but it seems like more people are here to prove who is better. Dude, you all know who is better. tell me who is that! your Creator. Be thankful.pray day in and out. Compete hard. earn living. and go to heavens. No point bickering over who is better and who is worse. heck i am living in US, work for KPMG and have experince with wall street SO GOD DANM WHAT! Is it gonna give me peace of mind, get me to Janat' NO, ofcourse not. but lets change it - i am what i am because of him. ou are my brothers , working hard as anything. May god bless you with more successes and i hope you made the rigth choice. and if not may Allah correct it for you. guess what we are both happy. lets move on now. salams and be productive.

- Zara Anwar - 10-02-2005

If u belong to a reputed tutor registered with ICAP e.g Tabani's School of Accountancy, and u have given for reference the names of ur teachers, they usually ignore the references.
We never faced any such problem and our teachers have told us that they don't have time to get back to the reference. So folks give names of ur college or school teachers if u can't put the name of the teacher who prepared u for CA exams.

- InSearch - 10-02-2005

i have given the names of TSA teachers....

AFF just asked me.. who r they... i said TEACHERS...

n thts it...

but i have not been selected by AFF.... i dont know why.... one of my friend's 2nd interview was thr on saturday.. he told me tht a guy frm LHR came thr .. who had a strong reference... n he has been selected.. inspite of the fact tht he is of 4th MFC..

it hurts me...my 1st interview was fine enough.. other than general knowledge.. but i havn't received 2nd interview call(((((((((((((((((

- Moon - 10-04-2005

Alas! but this process will go on untill and unless........ merit is not the priority.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are a politician then you are a lier, but if you are a lier you may not be a politician!

- Durraiz - 10-09-2005

I dont think references are a problem. All of my friends wrote name of their teachers in the references and almost all of them went into the firm of thier choice.

- Veteran - 11-05-2005

Hi All

I'm quite surprised that references are required for joining a Big accounting Firm.

I realise that it's been a long time, since I left AFF, but when I first joined, all I needed was to pass the Aptitude exam and, if successful, then appear for an interview with the senior partner. The interview was very tough and students were usually weeded out. There was no mentioning of references.

I guess it was never really my first choice to join an accounting firm at that moment in my life. But one thing led to another. I passed my CA exam, went abroad, did my CA from Canada, CPA and CISA from US.

From where I’m standing, this entire debate over ACCA Vs CA seems to be very irrelevant. If you were to work here in North America, the employer does not care so much about your designation, as much as they care about your real demonstrable technical skills, and your ability to work with people.

Wish you all the best of luck

- BeL@L - 11-16-2005

can anony explain which type eof refernce they acept...a political or social or one of their clients ?