Accountancy Forum
GO---CDME...new technology... - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: GO---CDME...new technology... (/showthread.php?tid=1594)

GO---CDME...new technology... - syedhassan - 01-18-2005

hello all...
yesterday..
i saw the add of GO_CDME...in RS.3499..with twop sets along..GPRS....
and with CALL CHARGES OF 0.40Paidas..
but i must be expensive with otherservice charges..
specially PTCL...
so, i think it has not going to grow quick with customers....

lets see what others know and think of it...
regards..
syedhassan...

ACCA

- syedhassan - 01-18-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
hello all...
yesterday..
i saw the add of GO_CDME...in RS.3499..with twop sets along..GPRS....
and with CALL CHARGES OF 0.40Paidas..
but i must be expensive with otherservice charges..
specially PTCL...
so, i think it has not going to grow quick with customers....

lets see what others know and think of it...
regards..
syedhassan...

ACCA
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>
sory folks...
its CDMA technology...i mistyped it...
regards...

ACCA

- Desert Sleet - 01-19-2005

This is a copy of an article related with Go CDMA. From Jang Newspaper.

http//www.jang.com.pk/thenews/jan2005-daily/13-01-2005/business/b14.htm
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Telecard launches WLL service

By our correspondent

KARACHI The TeleCard Limited launched a Wireless Local Loop (WLL) service under the brand name of Go CDMA at a ceremony on Wednesday.

Federal Minister for Information Technology and Telecommunications Awais Ahmed Khan Leghari, Chief Guest on the occasion made the first call to inaugurate the service.

Leghari said that the process of the privatisation of the PTCL would take place in due time and all hurdles were being removed in this regard.

He said that installation of SEAMEWE-4 submarine cable would be completed till the end of current fiscal year with the cost of $50 million, of these $5 million would be provided by Pakistan.

He said that the talks regarding Lahore-Amritsar Cyber Link would be resolved soon.

"There would be a revolution in Telecom sector within a few years with the co-operation of the private sector," added the minister.

Furthermore, he said that deregulation in the telecom sector was a difficult task a few years ago and it was facing involvement of the government institutes.

"PTA is there for the consultation and co-operation with the private sector."

Leghari said that the National Highway Authority (NHA) and the Pakistan Railways were advised to co-operate with the private sector in their underground cable installations along the railway lines and the roads.

The Federal Minister also inaugurated the new state of the art customers’ sales centre of the GO CDMA.

The launch of the GO CDMA WLL service would revolutionise the way people communicate, as the quality of connectivity is better than normal landline and the cost is the same. Features like high speed Internet, SMS, Voice mail, caller id, are part of the service offering. The WLL facility would connect subscribers to the world in a seamless way.

Speaking on the occasion Sultan-ul-Arfeen, Chairman TeleCard said "TeleCard is delighted that the Wireless Local Loop service and concept it presented in 2002 has become the turning point in the telecom sector in Pakistan. TeleCard believes in bringing affordable telecom services to the common man in the country and our tariff of 40 paisas per minute demonstrates our sincere contribution towards realisation of the plans of the government, in this direction."

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- maani - 01-20-2005

Hi,
Buddies that service is currently available in Karachi only...yesterday i called at their UAN and they told that GO..CDMA will be available in Lahore after 3-4 months and the cost will be 14000 thousand approx...

Ace

- Shahid_fss - 04-10-2005

Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA)

A technology for wideband digital radio communications of Internet, multimedia, video and other capacity-demanding applications.
WCDMA is the dominating 3G technology, providing higher capacity for voice and data and higher data rates. WCDMA uses a new spectrum with a 5 MHz carrier, providing 50 times higher data rate than in present GSM networks (and 10 times higher data rate than in GPRS networks) WCDMA handles up to 2 Mbps for local area access or 384 Kbps for wide area access. A coming release will include enhancements up to more than 10 Mbps.
WCDMA is also known as UMTS and has been adopted as a standard by the ITU under the name IMT-2000 direct spread.
The gradual evolution from today's systems is driven by demand for capacity, which is required by new and faster data based mobile services. WCDMA enables better use of available spectrum and more cost-efficient network solutions. The operator can gradually evolve from GSM to WCDMA, protecting investments by re-using the GSM core network and 2G/2.5G services.

Is WCDMA service available in Pakistan?
Does Telenor provides it or not?

Nokia's two sets 6650 and 7600 provide this faciltiy. Nokia says
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
The Nokia 6650's WCDMA4 (3G) technology makes multitasking effortless. Its high-speed transmission enables you to send/receive pictures, video, text and audio simultaneously - without compromising on quality. Experience rich multimedia as you capture the moment with the integrated digital camera, and view them on the large color display screen.

WCDMA4 (3G) and GSM900/1800 air interface
Multitasking through WCDMA4 (3G) network; simultaneous call and data functions are possible
Fast data transmission in WCDMA4 (3G) networks; up to 384kbps (receiving) and 64kbps (sending)
Fast PC connectivity and data transfer via USB
Up to 57.6 kilobits per second in circuit-switched data networks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================