Accountancy Forum
ca or mba or acca - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ca or mba or acca (/showthread.php?tid=1615)

Pages: 1 2

ca or mba or acca - logicalbanda - 01-26-2005

asalam o alaikum
i m new to this forum.i m in 2 year (commerce)and now a days i m planning for my career to choose.i m not sure whether i should do ca or mba or acca.pls if anybody can help me out

- Sohail_A - 01-26-2005

A-O-A,
Welcome to this forum. Sorry Mr.___ whatever your approch to the question is very wrong you are currently in 2nd year and you want to do MBA right after your intermediate. Regarding to your question what to choose CA or ACCA I think following discussions will be helpful for you
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1748
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1584
http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1672

Regards,
________

In This imaginative World Nothing is Impossible

- sohana - 01-26-2005

mba is best

- maani - 01-26-2005

Hi illogical banday(jus kidding)...if ur in I.commerce 2 then plz tell me the logic behind ur question...and if ur in B.commerce 2 then we admit that ur question is logical and u are logical banda...
and if ur logical banda...i mean ur in b.com 2nd year then first give ur introduction so we can help u further...

Ace

- Mahtab - 01-26-2005

AOA
Mr.Logicalbanda
if you can arrange please read,

Zindagi ke Raste by Abdul Salam Salami,

the First book on Career Planning in Pkistan,
easily available in Urdu bazar, Karachi.
Regards
Mahtab

- maani - 01-26-2005

so another advertiser appeared on the forum...

Ace

- Apocalypse - 01-27-2005

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
so another advertiser appeared on the forum...

Ace
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Recommending something does not mean advertising it.

You recommended BBA from IBA, so are you too an advertiser of IBA

- dia - 01-27-2005

hi
i am too in the same difficulty that wether mba is best or not
actually i was not allowed to go for acca or icma after bcom but now i feel that mba from certain institutions are prefered then what about all other even cllasifications are present in public sector also then if u done mba in finance thenin job sector u will compete with acca and ca .one more thing which i have face the curve marking system in punjab uni or in qui u get a grade on certain %ages but in curve most students get b then what will scope of their degrees
i cannot find answers of these questions
bye

dia

- dia - 01-27-2005

hi
i have read all above then mani will sys who are u then my intro is i am student of Mba in (yep)not to introduce instituition but a public sector uni in rawalpindi we can say famous
now i think u all can reply '''
bye

dia

- Mahtab - 01-27-2005

AOA
Thank You Apocalypse,
Dear Maani this was not Advertisement of that book,
that book was published 15 year back in 1990 and have so much publication that it is now available as Old Book also at the footpaths booksellers in diferrent area of Karachi City (and from Teen Dabba Walas)and I think that is a good book so I recommend that and If you mind, Sorry for that and
Mr.Logicalbanda if you need any further guidance on career planning in Commerce please mail me at "ahmedmahtab@hotmail.com"
because Maani mind to write about any book or reference here in Forum
Regards
Mahtab

- AvgJoe - 01-28-2005

Dear Logical,

Welcome to the forum. From what I can gather, u are a 2nd yr student & want to choose between ACCA, CA & MBA. So let me try to help u out a bit

Firstly, u should decide what interests u & what u are made for. All of us have inherrent (by birth) skills which enable us to have an edge in certain professions. For example, someone has an in-born ability to paint & so he might become an excellent artist but if u force him to become a CA, he might not suceed. Few years ago, many people just choose IT or computing becoz it was "in demand" even though they had zero aptitude for it. The result is infront of u. Not everyone can be an excellent IT programmer or an excellent CA. Thus, dont just choose a profession becoz its "in demand" & coz everyone's doing it. Analyze ur strengths & weaknesses. For example, If u want to do a MBA in marketing, ask urself "Can I communicate effectively?" "Can I convince people to buy sthg?" "Do I have the type of personality required for this profession?" In my opinion, this is the most important step in choosing a profession.

Secondly, dont go for crude advices like "CA is best", "MBA is best" as everyone has his/her personal opinions, which cannot be generalised into absolute facts aplicable for everyone. As I already pointed out, u just cant say this profession or qualification is ABOSOLOUTELY better than this one for EVERYONE. For e.g. thousands of ppl have done MBA from IBA, but out of them only Shaukat Aziz has so far suceeded in becoming the Finance & Prime Minister of Pakistan. The world's richest person Bill gates was a college drop-out (He didnt complete college). My A-level college teacher earns more than 8-10 lacs per month! which is more than what even an actuary would earn. In contrast, generally it is believed that teachers earn pathetic salaries. So u see, there are exceptions & no GENERALISED rules forr choosing a career. Dont ask people about what career is best. Ask people about what it TAKES to become a MBA, CA etc. Than analyze ur strenghts & weaknesses & choose the career which FITS U. REMEMBER whatever u do, just try to be the BEST in ur profession. Thats all that matters.

Decide quick. If u want to go for MBA than I would suggest u to try for IBA or LUMS. Their entry tests arent easy. I dont think u would be able to give Lums entry test (SAT) now coz the deadlines for that have expired. So immediately start preparing for IBA's entry test as it happens in mid-June.

However, If u want to go for Accountancy, than go for CA (Pak). It is significantly better than just ACCA (In Pakistan). There are a lot of reasons for this statement, which I cant elaborate right now due to time constraints.

If u want further info about ACCA/CA see topics posted before & search for them. And if u have further queries, ask the forum members.

Best of Luck.

Cheers,
AvgJoe

- sajjad_dar2000 - 01-29-2005

i would rank above qualifications as following

1) CA
2) ACCA
3) MBA

- sajjad_dar2000 - 01-29-2005

TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS

As for as I understand he (logicalbanda) asking you to choose for him a more suitable qualification for his good career. he gave you choice of three… before you recommend any of qualification for him you have to understand “what a good career” mean.

GOOD CAREER
1) Jobs demands
2) Salary expectation
3) Linked with previous qualification
4) Educational background.

Nowadays good "future career" mean Good Salary and Quick Job/Jobs Demand in respect of qualification.

Therefore I would rank the qualifications as following

1) CA
2) ACCA
3) MBA

If you are in intermediate and want to go one of these than

1) CA after you intermediate you can join CA
2) ACCA go for CAT course first than you would be able to join ACCA
3) MBA you have to do graduation before joining the MBA

In my personally advice, I would recommend you to go for CA and 2nd choice is ACCA and forget about MBA.

Reg.

Sajjad Dar

- dia - 01-30-2005

hi to all
just want to ask do really mba donot possess any value am i wasting my time there

dia

- maani - 01-31-2005

simply IBA and LUMS are the best...
LUMS is also going to hold a seminar in Karachi...attend that, u can feel the difference...

Ace