Accountancy Forum
i need help - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: i need help (/showthread.php?tid=1633)

i need help - hinaamir - 01-30-2005

AssalamAlekum

I wana know some info about CA?can any 1 help me?

hina

- Desert Sleet - 01-30-2005

AoA,
First we should just have some basic idea of Accounting.
In short, Accounting rougly is the 'art of recording' financial quantitative figures which might be later converted into meaningful forms of representations.... These representations might be used to assist in decision making where qualitative factors are taken into consideration.

SM RAZA Stated <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

we are most welcome in our field, (CA),
First of all you must be financially sound, (in that means that your parents dont have any monetary expectations from you till next 6 years) AND

you must consider the following facts,

1. a situation may come, that after 6 six years (precious time of your life) you may not get any qualification.
2. You will have to forget your social life for 6 six years,
3. You will have to do late sittings.
4. You will get during your articleship an amount which you will not be able to finish(bcaz if you have finished it then you have to go to client on foot ,
5. there is a shortage of girls in our field. (please go to the topic women in accountancy, so you will be able to understand the reason)

plz dont take my words as a final verdict ... make ur own decision<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Adding some credibility one of our member Remarked
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>To persue an a class career in accountancy in pakistan u need a pakistani CA... add as many foreign degreed as u like,, but pakistani CA is a must. Its only fair because u need to put in a lot of effort and time to get a pakistani CA, pass rates are higher and more difficult as compared to any other foreign qualifications. Plus it is the only way to train within the pakistani corporate scene with due regulation from the Institute. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

CA is purely an orthodox field... a master of all and jack of none kinna thing .

The procedure is very much simple. There are two ways to qualify for CA.

way 1
CAT ( certified accounting technician ) 1 year
ACCA (association of certified chartered accountants ) 2 years
CA ( chartered accountant ) 3 years
total 6 years

way 2
CA (icap) 6 years

CAT uk has 3 levels .
level A
level B
level C
(duration 1 year )

ACCA uk has 3 parts and one core examination
Part 1 (exempt for CAT qualified students )
Part 2
Part 3
and core ...

CA (icap) has
Foundation( module A ,B)
Intermediate( module C ,D)
Final papers (module E ,F)
((((modules A,B,C,D have exemption for ACCA students)))

now if u want to go for CAT ,ACCA and CA its ok u can do it in 6 years .As mentioned above you only have to go for internship after ACCA to qualify for CA .I hope u did understand me ...) \

Still the passing Creteria of ICAP is still a mystery for all of us,one of our member told...
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>No body know the policy of ICAP (except the Babas e ICAP) about the policy of passing CAs, as far as my knowledge is concerned the ICAP is following the concept of economics of Demand and Supply, so whenever there is demand for CAs in the market then it will qualify that much CAs according to the market requirement, this is the only reason that CA carries too much worth, otherwise u can see the position of CA in india, available in Rs.5,000 - Rs.10,000/- only,

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

Edited by - desert sleet on Jan 29 2005 93957 PM