Accountancy Forum
ACCA or CA-Inter (Mod A-D) - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA or CA-Inter (Mod A-D) (/showthread.php?tid=1665)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

ACCA or CA-Inter (Mod A-D) - AvgJoe - 02-05-2005

I have NOT posted this thread to create another heated argument over ACCA vs CA on this forum. (So plz cool down in advance.) Recently, one of our forum members (logicalbanda) asked whether one should do CA by

Route 1 Doing CA-Inter (Module A to D)
& then giving Mod (E-F) papers from ICAP. OR

Route 2 Doing ACCA first (Thus, getting exemption from ICAP for CA-Inter (Mod A to D))
& then giving Mod (E-F) papers from ICAP.

The purpose of this thread is to constructively debate whether ONE should go for Route 1 or Route 2. In short, compare “ACCA with CA-Inter”. I know, we have already compared ACCA with CA extensively, but I think the comparison of CA-Inter with ACCA hasn’t been adequately done. So people, what do u think? Are ICAP (CA-Inter) papers, syllabuses & exam methods better than ACCA or vice-versa? Is the exemption provided by ICAP to ACCA’s fair? If not, then why?

And since, we are looking from the prospective of a person planning to do CA (ultimately) Does giving CA-Inter instead of ACCA help u in passing final ICAP (Mod E & F) exams? For example, are the tax & laws papers in CA-Inter tougher compared & more in-depth compared to ACCA-Pakistan variants? Similarly, does an ACCA (planning to do CA), get internship (training) in the big-4 firms easily? Or the big-4 prefer to hire CA-Inters instead of ACCA’s (who want to do CA too)? Are there any other implications? For example, do (ACCA + CA)’s get better starting salaries than simple CA’s?

I have just posted these questions to start the discussion & give it a direction. I hope u guys contribute & that no one resorts to mud throwing at ACCA’s or CA-Inters just becoz they have a certain qualification.

Cheeers,
AvgJoe

- ali zeeshan - 02-05-2005

hi,
Avgjoe, there is no comparison between ACCA and CA because both degrees are complete Acountancy degrees and have a certain level of study.

"You say you hate me,And i know that it is true,But why cant i stop thinking of you"

- AvgJoe - 02-05-2005

Hi Ali,

I didnt propose any comparison between ACCA & CA, coz I am well aware of the heated debate it caused in the career section of the forum.

If u read my post, I just proposed a comparison of ACCA with CA-Inter (Mod A to D) only for the sake of helping out logicalbanda & other forum members who WANT TO DO CA (ultimately) but are unsure about the stream they should choose i.e. whether they should do ACCA first or CA-Inter before doing CA (Mod E & F).

- ali4u3 - 02-06-2005

hi ...avgjoe.......
i think both 4 routes are good...
exemptions provided my the ICAP to ACCA are not fair at all ...bcz an acca student have already learn each n every thing which a CA module E-F student learn....
and lets take a example...ACCA get exemption in whole CIMA except the core papers....and PK CA ki exemptions kamm hein...actually i cap is scared with ACCA...)
i think after ACCA qualifing CA is much more easier then the route of CA inter
yes an ACCA can get internship in big 4 very easily

regrads

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- bilal azhar - 02-07-2005

ali4u3,u should thank God that icap has exempted inter to acca students.i think that this should not be given.There is huge difference between Acca papers and CA inter papers.although acca students reads a lot more than ca inter,but inter is definitely by far more difficult than whole acca.

bilal

- ali4u3 - 02-07-2005

for u kind information i complted my CA inter then join ACCA..and i have the experience of both ..thts y i m saying this [D]

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- AvgJoe - 02-08-2005

Hi guys,

Calm down plz. Remember the purpose of this discussion is to constructively debate, so "please" bilal dont indulge in "mud-throwing". Lets be professionals. Thanks.

Ali4u3, so are u doing ACCA along with Mod-E & F rite now ?

- ali4u3 - 02-08-2005

yes dear..
)

- bilal azhar - 02-08-2005

i am also doing ca inter and are just one paper(IT) away from completing it.i have prepared one or two papers of icap like cost accounting,IT etc from acca past papers and its book and i found acca far more easier than ca inter.Thats way i am saying this.

i did not intentionally indulge in mud-throwing but i seems that Ali4u3 has mind it so please Ali sorry for that.

bilal

- ali4u3 - 02-08-2005

no dear mind kernay ki ais mai koun si baat hai \we all are here to share our views..
regrds..

- AvgJoe - 02-08-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
exemptions provided my the ICAP to ACCA are not fair at all ...bcz an acca student have already learn each n every thing which a CA module E-F student learn....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Ali,

Are u saying that ICAP should provide even more exemptions to ACCA's? And that most of what a student learns in Mod E-F is covered already by ACCA?

This seems very suprising to me, considering u did CA-Inter. As most Ca-Inter students mock ACCA in every way they can. OR did I get it all wrong?

Take Care
AvgJoe

- Desert Sleet - 02-08-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilal azhar</i>
<br />ali4u3,u should thank God that icap has exempted inter to acca students.i think that this should not be given.There is huge difference between Acca papers and CA inter papers.although acca students reads a lot more than ca inter,but inter is definitely by far more difficult than whole acca.

bilal

I have noticed that Students form the ICAP group have a much more aggressive attitude towards ACCA.. saying some childish remarks, some say ACCA is very easier than ACA, the above mentioned Statement from Mr Bilal is an Excellent Example of this rigid attitude. Actually i was really surprised to see that comment, its childish and the person must be unaware and must be living in a fools paradise to say the above mentioned statement.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">am also doing ca inter and are just one paper(IT) away from completing it.i have prepared one or two papers of icap like cost accounting,IT etc from acca past papers and its book and i found acca far more easier than ca inter.Thats way i am saying this.

i did not intentionally indulge in mud-throwing but i seems that Ali4u3 has mind it so please Ali sorry for that.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think its safe to expect that when members talk, they talk solid (backed by evidence) otherwise keep quite and don’t disclose their lack of knowledge

Your opinions all seem to be based on your pre-conception alongside other bland- ideas. What you have displayed here is not in any way correct, the only thing you have shown me, personally, is that you yourself are the uneducated one. Anyone with proper education does not need to slander other people for their beliefs in order to win an arguement.

Here is a link of the paper of Management Accounting of Module F of ICAP.
http//www.icaponline.net/DownLoads/Win04_Papers/MAC.pdf

And plz visit this link to Compare the above paper with the paper Number 2.4(Financial Management and Control) of ACCA.
http//www.accaglobal.com/students/professionalscheme/paper2_4/pastpapers/2-4_2004_jun_q.pdf

Rest is up to you all to consider.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- logicalbanda - 02-08-2005

asalam o alaikum
i also posted this type of topic earlier but i didnot recieve valuable suggestions.
i have now seen so much debate on this topic but still i m not sure what is better ca inter or acca
noone is clearly saying wat is better
so pls clearly write what is better
ca inter or acca
and then go into complications
and thanks avgjoe for further helping me by posting this topic

thanks Allah hafiz

- AvgJoe - 02-08-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
i am also doing ca inter and are just one paper(IT) away from completing it.i have prepared one or two papers of icap like cost accounting,IT etc from acca past papers and its book and i found acca far more easier than ca inter.Thats way i am saying this.

What do other forum members say? Does everyone agree that ACCA papers are easier than CA-Inter papers? Ali what about u ?

- Desert Sleet - 02-08-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilal azhar</i>
<br />ali4u3,u should thank God that icap has exempted inter to acca students.i think that this should not be given.There is huge difference between Acca papers and CA inter papers.although acca students reads a lot more than ca inter,but inter is definitely by far more difficult than whole acca.

bilal

I have noticed that Students form the ICAP group have a much more aggressive attitude towards ACCA.. saying some childish remarks, some say ACCA is very easier than ACA, the above mentioned Statement from Mr Bilal is an Excellent Example of this rigid attitude. Actually i was really surprised to see that comment, its childish and the person must be unaware and must be living in a fools paradise to say the above mentioned statement.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">am also doing ca inter and are just one paper(IT) away from completing it.i have prepared one or two papers of icap like cost accounting,IT etc from acca past papers and its book and i found acca far more easier than ca inter.Thats way i am saying this.

i did not intentionally indulge in mud-throwing but i seems that Ali4u3 has mind it so please Ali sorry for that.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think its safe to expect that when members talk, they talk solid (backed by evidence) otherwise keep quite and don’t disclose their lack of knowledge

Your opinions all seem to be based on your pre-conception alongside other bland- ideas. What you have displayed here is not in any way correct, the only thing you have shown me, personally, is that you yourself are the uneducated one. Anyone with proper education does not need to slander other people for their beliefs in order to win an arguement.

Here is a link of the paper of Management Accounting of Module F of ICAP.
http//www.icaponline.net/DownLoads/Win04_Papers/MAC.pdf

And plz visit this link to Compare the above paper with the paper Number 2.4(Financial Management and Control) of ACCA.
http//www.accaglobal.com/students/professionalscheme/paper2_4/pastpapers/2-4_2004_jun_q.pdf

Rest is up to you all to consider.