Accountancy Forum
VALENTINE DAY - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: VALENTINE DAY (/showthread.php?tid=1668)

Pages: 1 2

VALENTINE DAY - ali zeeshan - 02-06-2005

do u know valentine day is comming

-------------------------
"You say you hate me,And i know that it is true,But why cant i stop thinking of you"

- Shahid_fss - 02-07-2005

In a private latter
Honorable Mr. Usama bin Ladan requested President of USA Mr. Joerge W. Bush to ban the valentine day.
This metter was raised in UNO but no decision could be made. In a result UNO's high authorities requested me to handle it (As u know that I am very intellegent). I responded in fever of Usama and from this year onward the valentine day has been baned.

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- ali zeeshan - 02-08-2005

<u><i><b>history of Valentine day</b></i></u>

Every February, across the country, candy, flowers, and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of St. Valentine. But who is this mysterious saint and why do we celebrate this holiday? The history of Valentine's Day -- and its patron saint -- is shrouded in mystery. But we do know that February has long been a month of romance. St. Valentine's Day, as we know it today, contains vestiges of both Christian and ancient Roman tradition. So, who was Saint Valentine and how did he become associated with this ancient rite? Today, the Catholic Church recognizes at least three different saints named Valentine or Valentinus, all of whom were martyred.

One legend contends that Valentine was a priest who served during the third century in Rome. When Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families, he outlawed marriage for young men -- his crop of potential soldiers. Valentine, realizing the injustice of the decree, defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

Other stories suggest that Valentine may have been killed for attempting to help Christians escape harsh Roman prisons where they were often beaten and tortured.

According to one legend, Valentine actually sent the first 'valentine' greeting himself. While in prison, it is believed that Valentine fell in love with a young girl -- who may have been his jailor's daughter -- who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter, which he signed 'From your Valentine,' an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories certainly emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic, and, most importantly, romantic figure. It's no surprise that by the Middle Ages, Valentine was one of the most popular saints in England and France.

"You say you hate me,And i know that it is true,But why cant i stop thinking of you"

- Shahid_fss - 02-08-2005

<center>VALENTINE LETTER TO PRESIDENT BUSH</center>
======================================================================

February 14, 2004

Dear President Bush,

Two years ago today, family members of 9/11 victims lost at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and on Flight 93 launched a group called September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows. We chose Valentine's Day as a symbolic reminder that the American ideals of peace, justice and reconciliation remain vibrant, and did not die with our loved ones.

On that day, we held up a large heart containing a valentine letter to you. In the letter we asked to meet with you to discuss the creation of a fund to assist innocent victims of war in Afghanistan. We felt that it was not only a decent and moral response to those accidental deaths, but also a practical opportunity to demonstrate the same compassion that 9/11 family members received from all over the globe.

You chose not to meet with us, but since that day two years ago, the members of Peaceful Tomorrows have worked to display the best of America's ideals to the rest of the world. We secured congressional funding to assist Afghan civilians affected by the war. We connected with others around the world who have been similarly affected by terrorism and war. We stood with millions across the globe against the war in Iraq and for the cause of peace. And our group has grown as more 9/11 family members have found healing by turning their grief into action for peace. In contrast, you declared it was an "us versus them" world, and pursued unilateral and unpopular policies that turned that world against the United States and made us less secure. And worst of all, you often used the deaths of our family members as an excuse to pursue that agenda.

Two years later, we ask you to stop exploiting the tragedy of September 11 for political gain and to join us in responding to that tragic day in a manner that brings about genuine healing and peace for Americans and the rest of the world.

We respectfully request a written response to the following questions

1. You and members of your administration consistently invoked 9/11 as a justification for war in Iraq, without presenting any evidence of a link between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and the attacks of that day. The confusing and misleading statements made by your administration that allude to an unproven link have caused a majority of the US public, (up to 70% according to a Washington Post poll taken in September 2003) to believe that Saddam Hussein was responsible for September 11.You have exploited the American public's genuine fear of another September 11 to pursue an unrelated war, which has already cost the lives of more than 500 US service people and an estimated 10,000 Iraqi civilians. We call upon you today to publicly acknowledge that your administration's statements have misled the American people, and to clarify that there is no evidence of a connection between the events of 9/11 and Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Please, Mr. President, will you correct this dangerous misperception?

2. In light of your announcement that the United States plans to step up the campaign to find Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan, we ask that you cease the tactic of bombing villages in an attempt to kill Bin Laden or other suspected Al Qaeda or Taliban leaders. In the past two years these village bombings have killed and injured countless innocent civilians, including children, while failing to achieve their stated aim. Since the beginning of 2003, media reports confirm that more than 64 civilians have been killed in at least six separate incidents of village bombings. Meanwhile, most top Taliban and Al Qaeda leaders have been captured through international cooperation, intelligence sharing, and police work, not the bombing of villagers. No one desires Bin Laden to be arrested and stand trial more than we do. Yet through continued bombing of innocent civilians, you have increased anti-American sentiment and created legions of potential future terrorists. We beg you, Mr. President, will you direct the military to cease the tactic of bombing villages in Afghanistan, and choose more effective methods to capture the criminals responsible for our loved ones deaths?

3. We ask you to stop playing politics with the 9/11 attacks. September 11 was many things, but it was a victory for no one but the terrorists. When your administration treats it like a success story and your political party uses the World Trade Center site as the backdrop for the Republican convention this fall, we are offended. We have witnessed the photograph of you on the telephone on September 11 sold by your campaign as a fundraising vehicle. We have read Republican party officials' acknowledgement that the national convention was planned in New York City at the latest possible date in order to "flow seamlessly into the commemoration of 9/11." And we have witnessed your administration's lack of cooperation with the Independent Commission investigating 9/11. On November 27, 2002, you stated, "the investigation should carefully examine all the evidence and follow all the facts, wherever they lead. We must uncover every detail and learn every lesson of September the 11th...It's our most solemn duty." We ask you today live up to that promise. As president of the United States, you well know that our nation's future is more important than any one person's political career. We ask you, Mr. President, will you renounce the exploitation of September 11th for partisan political gain?

You claim that September 11th made you a war president. But this is not true. By responding to the terrorism of 9/11 with an unending "war on terror," and a doctrine of pre-emptive war, you and your administration chose this path. After September 11, the entire world reached out to the United States with compassion. Rather than building on that good will and ushering the world into a new era of mutual cooperation, an effort that would have required true statesmanship and a willingness to deal honestly with the root causes of terrorism, you appealed to our fears and to the worst in human kind. Your domestic and foreign policies have reduced our nation's leadership, leaving us less secure, less free, less respected and less able to deal effectively with the genuine threat of 21st century terrorism.

This Valentine's Day, two years after the creation of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, we call on you to open your heart, take accountability for your actions, and act now to set our nation on the path of real peace. This is the way to truly honor those who died on September 11 and who continue to live in our hearts. We look forward to your timely answers to our inquiries.

Sincerely,

September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- Shahid_fss - 02-09-2005

Name of a person St.Valentine.
The word Valentine is from Valency (Latine) which means powerfull.

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- Desert Sleet - 02-09-2005

Spot the cynic.

I agree, why should the 14 of Feb be any different to the rest of the year? Unless your an arsehole you probably do soppy romantic things for your girlfriend often enough (i'd suggest stand out gestures every 1-2 months, and mini ones every few days). So it's kind of a last chance day for jerks to make it up to their long suffering girlfriends.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- Shahid_fss - 02-10-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Looks as if you have too much information Mr.Shahid

Valentine = 1. a sweetheart chosen or greeted on St. Valentine's Day

2.a greeting card or note sent to a real or pretended sweetheart on this day, and containing a message of sentimental love.

3.a gift presented on saint valentines day is also known as Valentine<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hey I thought he was asking the meanings of word not its background which knows everyone. If not so, I am sorry.

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- ali zeeshan - 02-12-2005

WELL SAM
According to one legend, a priest by the name of Valentine was put into prison for marrying young couples after it was outlawed by Emperor Claudius II in 270 AD. While imprisoned he sent a letter to a friend signed 'From Your Valentine', which is still in use today.

This is how Valentine greetings are said to have begun. Although this is one of many legends about Saint Valentine, they all represent feelings of love and appreciation for those around you.

- Desert Sleet - 02-12-2005

For me and my wife, it is an excuse to go out and do something nice for ourselves. I agree, the holiday has become hopelessly exploited by retailers, but what holliday hasn't to some degree? I think a holiday to celebrate love is a good thing.

Something interesting thing about Valentines day there was never a St. Valentine. The only historical figure in the Christian religion with that name was Valentinius, who was denounced by the church as a heretic because he created his own Christian sect outside of the established church.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- MALIK FARRUKH - 02-13-2005

HI
IAM NEW USER BUT I JUST SAY THIS FOR THOSE WHO CAN UNDERSTAND

PAK MOHABAT SAF MOHABAT CHUDA NAHI TO KHAK MOHABAT

mfarrukh.

- MALIK FARRUKH - 02-13-2005

hi
all people i only want to say that just think who u r?

mfarrukh.

- ali zeeshan - 02-13-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MALIK FARRUKH</i>
<br />hi
all people i only want to say that just think who u r?

mfarrukh.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
hi farrukh what u wana show by this short short post do u wana increase ur rating

- khurram_jamal - 05-11-2005

JO BI VALENTINE MANANA CHAHTA HAY WO USA/UK CHALA JAYE YAHI BIHTAR HAY USKAYLIAY

THIS IS ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN.

[D]TELL ME DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS THAT ANY ONE SAY YOUR SISTER THAT ARE YOU MY VALENTINE[?][?][?][?][?]

ITS REALLY AGAINST OF ISLAM. ISLAM IS A HOLY RELIGION WHO STREESES ON THE STRONG CHARACTER.

THANKS

------------------------------------------------------------
*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES****

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM JAMAL KHAN (MBA)(CA-Module-C)

- tooogoood - 05-11-2005

hi
agreed
pakistan main valentines day per pabandi lag jani chahiye
sab fake batain hain
love ke liye year main aik din hi hota hai kia
i am against VALENTINES DAY

- khurram_jamal - 05-12-2005

FW....A SEARCH

<b><font color="red">Islam Has No Heart for Valentine's Day </font id="red"> </b>

<font color="green">This would be funny, if it weren't so scary

Hating Valentine's Day in the Third World
By Daniel Pipes
FrontPageMagazine.com | February 17, 2004

Last Saturday, a young man in Karachi, Pakistan greeted a young woman in a university classroom with “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

In most of the world these would be innocuous good wishes; in Karachi, they were fighting words. Other students objected to them, leading to a fist fight and the injury of two students.

As this incident suggests, in some cultures Valentine’s Day prompts controversy.

The Saudi religious authorities issued an edict indicating that “There are only two holidays in Islam - Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha - and any other holidays ... are inventions which Muslims are banned from” and calls again on the kingdom’s subjects to “shun” Valentine’s Day this year. In keeping with this prohibition, the Saudi religious police monitor stores selling roses and other gifts associated with the holiday. They have even arrested women for wearing red on Valentine's Day.

Saudi authorities are hardly alone in their fear and loathing of a fourteenth-century holiday named after the patron saint of lovers. In Iran last year, the police ordered shops to remove heart-and-flower decorations, not to speak of images of couples embracing.

In Pakistan, the Jamaat-e-Islami party, an Islamist organization, calls for a ban on Valentine's Day. One of its leaders dismisses it as “a shameful day” when Westerners “are just fulfilling and satisfying their sex thirst.”

In Malaysia, a mufti thunders against the day “We Muslims do not need such a culture or practice, which is clearly against the teachings of our religion [which are] complete, perfect and credible.”

In the United States, Imam Jamal Said of the Bridgeview mosque outside Chicago condemns Valentine's Day (as well as Thanksgiving) as a non-Islamic holiday.

Nor do you have to be Muslim to hate Valentine’s Day. In India, a leader of the radical Hindu group Shiv Sena has condemned the holiday as “nothing but a Western onslaught on India's culture to attract youth for commercial purposes.” Shiv Sena members followed up by stealing Valentine's Day cards from a shop in central Bombay which they ceremonially burned in a bonfire. They also harassed hand-holding couples and threatened to shave the heads and beat young lovers who exchanged Valentine’s Day cards and gifts.

This rage responds to the soaring popularity of the holiday in majority-Muslim countries and India. Restaurants promote Valentine's Day dinners, hotels offer balls, and stores advertise flowers, chocolates, and other gifts. Florists sell bounties of roses and barbers cut hearts into men’s head hair. Television shows organize love-letter competitions. Newspapers publish amorous messages and offer advice on the best places to tryst (naming cafes, roofs, parks, rickshaws and taxis). Internet dating services enjoy a surge in usage, phone companies log added long-distance calling.

Though brand new in the Middle East and South Asia, the holiday has rapidly taken on the trappings of custom. “We have celebrated Valentine’s Day every year,” recounts a 23-year-old Bangladeshi woman. “We would wish each other a happy Valentine’s Day on the phone at midnight. Later we used to exchange gifts.”

The authorities might condemn this day of romance, but it appeals to lovers young and old, who happily carry out its newly-minted rituals.

In some cases, particularly in Iran, heavy-handed government action serves to alienate the population. “For weeks, I’ve been waiting for Valentine’s Day to offer my boyfriend a gift of love and affection,” says a 19-year old girl. “The crackdown only strengthens my position in rejecting the hard-line clerical rule.” To other Iranians, the prohibition confirms how little the regime understands its population. One shopper, buying a red heart-and-rose card for her son-in-law, dismissed it as “only rigidity and cultural backwardness. Through the crackdown, they only buy people’s greater hatred and enmity.”

Valentine’s Day is a light-hearted matter, but efforts to repress it symbolize an intent to make war on modernity. In this way, the generational and cultural struggle over heart-shaped cards points to a battle now underway for the soul of Islam. Can the religious authorities suppress what has come to be known as “Lover’s Day”? Must Muslim governments double as nanny states, getting in the way of their youth’s fun? Or do they have the confidence to allow families and peer pressure to keep this holiday within acceptable bounds?

Much hangs in the balance.

swhitebull </font id="green">

THANKS

----------------------------------------------------------------
*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES****

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

KHURRAM JAMAL SHAHID (MBA)(CA-Module-C)