Accountancy Forum
Having two degrees help or not? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Having two degrees help or not? (/showthread.php?tid=1677)

Having two degrees help or not? - bilal azhar - 02-09-2005

Does having two degress like ca and mba or ca and acca etc help during the interview for a job?
some people say that doing two qualifications at the same time shows ur lack of confidence in ur abilities and in yourself to get pass either of them and this may prove a disadvantage during ur interview.

bilal

- bilal azhar - 02-13-2005

does nobody likes this topic.Please suggest something to me.
i am planning to do acca along with ca.is it right for me and will help me or not?

bilal

- Ehrar_ACMA - 02-18-2005

Yes I think atleast in Pakitan it gives positive impression on employers....with good exposure.......

Regards

Kh. Ehrar Ul Hasan
APA,ACMA,CIA(Usa),MA(Eco),CIMA(Inter),IBP-Stage-I & II (Only Sky is the limit.$$$.....)

- Desert Sleet - 02-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilal azhar</i>
<br />Does having two degress like ca and mba or ca and acca etc help during the interview for a job?
some people say that doing two qualifications at the same time shows ur lack of confidence in ur abilities and in yourself to get pass either of them and this may prove a disadvantage during ur interview.

bilal
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Your combination of skills will open up potentially new opportunities too. The narrow days of being either an arts person or a science person are gone. The modern era is about multi-skilling. We are not tick bashers or book-keepers, our profession is about thinking strategically and utilising our knowledge to the benefit of our organisations.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">some people say that doing two qualifications at the same time shows ur lack of confidence in ur abilities and in yourself to get pass either of them and this may prove a disadvantage during ur interview.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I think that considering it as a negative is a ridiculous notion. It shows that you have a certain level of ability in two specific fields. If a company takes the line you suggested they might, then they are not worth working for.

Education is something that nobody can ever take away from you. more is ALWAYS better.

Would a hedge fund want someone who got their bachelor's degree in finance, or someone with their bachelor's and master's in finance?

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- bilal azhar - 02-19-2005

I totally agree with u guys. i was just reading the interview of MR khalil shiekh in Pakistan accountant who secured five Gold medals in module F and set the record and he said that doing ACCA during articles helped him a great deal in passing and securing Gold medals in module E AND F.

AND EHRAR bhai what do u mean by atleast in pakistan.does it have a negative effect outside the pakistan.
bilal

Edited by - bilal azhar on Feb 19 2005 012825 AM

- bilal azhar - 03-05-2005

"Double degree dont double ur chances of finding job".

any body would like to comment on this article given in the students section of this website.

bilal

- Desert Sleet - 03-05-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilal azhar</i>
<br />"Double degree dont double ur chances of finding job".

any body would like to comment on this article given in the students section of this website.

bilal
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
All i would like to state that the person who posted the above article did a near to perfect job of copy pasting. Refer to the link given below to read the article from the original source.

http//economist.com/globalExecutive/education/displayStory.cfm?story_id=1618543

<b>Intended towards the poster of the above article (whoever he is)</b>

<b>Plagiarize</b> "To steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own use without crediting the source."
Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary

<i>Are you the member of this forum. If so then please respond.</i> [o)]

As a website designer (some years back), I came into contact with the issue of plagiarism, and along with some of you, i have fallen victim many times. Recently, I have been experiencing problems with people stealing the text from business websites, placing it on their own site or on other sites , and claiming it as their own!(like the above article) It was blaringly obvious that these people blatantly cut and pasted others words! "What is going on?" I thought to myself. "Don't these people realize how hard others had worked on there website? Don't they realize original writers worked for hours and hours until the text was just right? Don't they realize that they are stealing from them? This it's wrong?" After many futile confrontations and several frustrating months of this, I realized that maybe no, copy-pasters dont realize that what they are doing is wrong, and this it is called <b>PLAGIARISM</b>.

After all, it's very easy to take your mouse, highlight some text on a website, copy it, and then paste it right into your own site, maybe changing a word or two, and claim it as your own. Maybe some of us have even done that without realizing any harm. Well, that's why i posted this message. To educate others that it's NOT ok to copy text from another site. And whether we realize it or not, it's stealing. And, it's illegal.

The written word on any website is called there intellectual property. It came from them; it isnt yours. Someone who steals others written word and claims it as their own (by pasting it on their website) is committing copyright infringement. The same copyright rules and laws that apply to other written material, apply on the internet as well. It might be easier to steal written word on the internet, but it is still wrong. It is theft, it is illegal, and violators can be prosecuted according to the law.

So please dont perform this bad act again. And i can only advice you to take your article back or otherwise you could just mention the original source of this article.

I hope to receive a response from the poster. Bilal Azhar i hope you arent the poster of the above article . Or <i><b>Are YOU</b></i>

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- bilal azhar - 03-05-2005

no,Desert sleet it is'nt me.it is just a coincident that a person who has copied this article from the link mentioned by u,has a name similiar to me.his name is "mr bilal shahid" and he is doing acca and mba.this information is written in his article.

i agree with u point of view.i think admin is also responsible for this.he should make sure that no copied article is posted on his website and if posted then i should be clearly written that it is taken from ---.

bilal

- the_farhan - 03-05-2005

<font face="Verdana">
mr. bilal, i belieeve tht double qualifications r an advantage. but these shud be relevant to each other as well, in order to complement n strengthen each other. eg, acca + aca, or electrical engineering + telecom engineering ... etc etc etc.

but if the qualifications r so diverse tht they ve nothing to do with each other, then this combination is useless, or is applicable to very very rare situations. eg, acca + masters in psychology, or degrees in computer sciences + persian etc etc !!! i dont think ne1 will take it as +ve combo.

some times, deferring to make combination is more advantegious. eg, if u plan to acquire ACA n ACCA both, then i suggest tht get one of these first, then join the second one. u can get good exemptions in this way. but if u go for both simultaneously, u will not only have to take all pprs of both, but u also will ve to put double efforts.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- turithegreat - 04-26-2005

yes Having two degrees help