Accountancy Forum
NEED HELP ABOUT CA PLZ!! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: NEED HELP ABOUT CA PLZ!! (/showthread.php?tid=1678)

NEED HELP ABOUT CA PLZ!! - Maisum - 02-10-2005

AOA.

I am a student of Olevels. I'm interested in CA i would like to ask a few questions to people here.

1) How many subjects and which subjects are necessary in Olevels to go into CA (mera mutlab 10 mein kitnay aur konsay subject zarori hain CA kaarne ke liye)

I have the following subjects Maths, Chemistry , Physics, Biology, Computer, English, Urdu , ISlamiat , Pak-Studies, and Economics. In mein se konsay must hain karna??

2) If i do Alevels in Commerce (bus. Studies)will i be exempted from entry test in the Ferguson, CAMS, or AlHamd??

3) How many minimum grades are necessary to get into the firm?

i'm 16 and I am in 10 grade (olevel) 2 years of Alevels in Commerce (bus. Studies) till what age will i become a qualified CA??

and what is the link of A F FERGUSON & CO. Website

I would be really thankful to you guys cuz u ppl are the only ones who can help me.

THANK YOU!!

- Apocalypse - 02-10-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">1) How many subjects and which subjects are necessary in Olevels to go into CA (mera mutlab 10 mein kitnay aur konsay subject zarori hain CA kaarne ke liye)

I have the following subjects Maths, Chemistry , Physics, Biology, Computer, English, Urdu , ISlamiat , Pak-Studies, and Economics. In mein se konsay must hain karna??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you have already madeup your mind for CA then

1. Drop Biology
2. Give Accounting Paper
3. atleast C in (english and maths), pass in rest
4. you can drop Chemistry,Physics and Computer but it is not recommended

rest is fine upto o-levels,

If you want to save your time, I suppose that you will give your o-levels finals in June 2006, then right after your o-levels exams, start A-levels Accounts, Economics and Business Studies by taking private tutions. Give all these papers in June 2007.

recommended result is atleast 2B's and nothing below C in a-levels.

so now you are 16, and if you follow this route yo shall be 18 at the time of A-levels result, add an average of 6 years for CA

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If i do Alevels in Commerce (bus. Studies)will i be exempted from entry test in the Ferguson, CAMS, or AlHamd??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

there is no entry test in CAMS and ALHAMD

- Maisum - 02-10-2005

Thank you very much sir.....you mentioned that i should give accounting paper. Is econmics sufficient instead of accounting in Olevels?? Because in My School they dont have this subject in Olevels.

I asked majorly because of Chemistry because i'm very weak in it. Rest is fine.

1) Is Olevel result counting during the admission in CA??
2) Which is the best institute for CA in Karachi?
3) If i do BBA after my Alevels will this have any effect on the time period in which CA is completed?? and do you recommend me to do BBA after Alevels??
Thanks alot sir for your help

- maani - 02-11-2005

Hi,
Welcome to the forum...you can join CA with any study background...but economics and accounting taken in Olevels and A levels will help u a lot in CA...there is no compulsion of subjects....
You will be exempted from entry test if u got C in A levels...
to get into top three firms the very first thing is ur study back ground...but believe me "pawa" is more effective in getting into top three...

O levels result will have no effect on admission in CA...
and if u join CA after BBA you can save a max. of 1 year...

Ace

- AvgJoe - 02-11-2005

Hi Maisum,

I did O/A levels too. You do not REQUIRE any specific subjects for doing CA, but if u choose ur subjects sensibly it will help u a lot in passing CA exams. Since u are in the 10th grade, give ur Pakistan Studies, Urdu & Islamiyat papers for now. These are the "ratta" ones & I would strongly advise u to get rid of them in the 10th grade. For O-levels, I think the following subjects do help u a lot

1) English
2) Maths
3) Add Maths (Yes, Add maths ! It helps u a lot in A-levels Maths too)
4) Computer Studies (It gives u a nice introduction to IT papers. I know the project sucks but keep it!)
5) Accounts (O-Level accs is childs play. You can take private tutions from Sir Neol or Ameen Navroz)

As u can see, the science subjects dont help that much. However, I beleive that taking science subjects at O-levels "broadens" ur mind & I have no regrets on taking Physics & Chem during my O-levels. Eco is not sufficient "instead" of Accounts. Our school (KGS) didnt let kids who didnt have O-level acc's to do A-level accs (becoz A-level accounts is complex). You can even drop Eco in O-levels & still take it in A-levels & cover it easily ! (I did this, I didnt have eco in O-levels but I took it in A-levels). For A-levels, I recommend the following subjects

1) Accounts (This is a MUST)
2) Economics (It will help u a LOT in CA foundation)
3) Business Studies (This will help u a "bit" too.)
4) Maths (oh, Definitely very imp)

If ur A-level school only allows u to take 3 subjects, take Acc, ECo & Maths (Drop BS). Remember, all the advises I have given u will only HELP u to do CA. Its not neccesary to take these subjects but its neccesary to get at-least C grade in Maths & English. For now, concentrate on ur O-levels forget all this. You will have plenty of time in A-levels to plan everythg. And I would strongly advise u NOT to do A-levels privately in one yr.

Doing BBA & then CA is not at all a sensible option.

- Maisum - 02-11-2005

yah your right, computer project sucks ) the problem is i dont have accouting in Olevels......and you mentioned that i need C grade or more in english and Maths .. are you talkin about Alevels??

and yeah one more thing is that in my school they dont allow us to give maths in the commerce stream. (

Acha waisay some people say that olevels result does'nt count while taking admission in CA ins. then this C grade or more you told is about Alevels??

and yeah thank you everyone for helping me out ) and Avgjoe what are you doing and what were your grades in Olevels and Alevels??

- Evolution - 02-12-2005

A.F. Ferguson & Co. do not have a web site mate

- AvgJoe - 02-12-2005

Hi Maisum,

Well, if u dont have accounts in O-levels then take it privately & go to the above mentioned teachers for tutions! Which school are you studying in? If they dont allow it, I suggest you take Add Maths privately. It will help you with your A-level Maths a lot & that in turn will help u a lot with CA foundation exams.

I was talking about O-level Maths & English. You need atleast C grade in O-level Math & english to get into ACCA (I dont think CA has any such requirements however). But its always good to get atleast a C grade in O-level maths & English.

By the way, no result counts in getting admission into "CA Institutions". Even a dumb-head with E & U grades all over can join CA institutions but only some institutions have limited criteria for admission (like tabbanis) which can be fulfilled if u get B's or C's. Getting into CA is the easiest as there is no specific entry test for CA.

Well I got pretty good results in O Levels (11 A's with distinctions) and A-levels (4.5 A's). But your results dont count, what counts is ur OUTPUT.

- Maisum - 02-12-2005

Wow man .... 11 A's , 4.5 A's in Alevels?? acha waisay i'm loookin forward for CA....I'll check out the info. about ACCA.

and yeah i'm in Dubai , basically from karachi so it ain't possible for me to take tutions from the teachers you mentioned above.

Through which uni. did u pass ur olevels Cambridge or London??

And yeah thnx guys for all your help once again )

- Haroon5645 - 03-22-2006

INFORM ABOUT CAT ENTY TEST PLEASE THANKS