Accountancy Forum
why we people doing CA or ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: why we people doing CA or ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=1702)

Pages: 1 2

why we people doing CA or ACCA - MALIK FARRUKH - 02-18-2005

HI , I WANT TO KNOW Y WE PEOPLE DOING CA OR ACCA

AS I KNOW ABOUT MY SELF I AM DOING CA TO EARN LOT OF MONEY IN FUTURE
AND Y U PEOPLE DOING UR;S COMMENTS

mfarrukh.

- ali4u3 - 02-18-2005

i m doing bcz its my mom's dream...to C her son as a chartered accountant

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- Ice_Blue - 02-18-2005

in my case it is my dad's dream to see his son become a CA.

Ice Blue

- Desert Sleet - 02-18-2005

I started my undergrad in biology - thought i wanted to be a microbiologist someday.. didn't like the labs, so i switched over to Music and then towards computer science. found out i couldn't handle calc 2 (tried it 3 times to no avail), so i switched over to Accounting. figured that i am extremely interested in accounting, and i love to write.. didn't really know what sort of future i'd have with it though, but it didn't matter since i had all sorts of computer skills and work experience in a Big 4 firm and ater on in a fortune 500 company. i've always liked economics and foreign exchange, so now i'm getting my master's in finance. the goal - make a lot of money doing something fast-paced and challenging. i can pursue my other interests in my spare time, with the spare money i'll have from a cushy job.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- Ali Akbar - 02-19-2005

I will just say that

"Thanks Allah for choosing this profession for me"

ICAP is the best.

- the_farhan - 02-19-2005

<font face="Verdana">
hi all,

well MALIK FARRUKH, every one has his/her own motivations for opting any qualification/profession. ur one is one of the most cited "lot of money". as my other fellow mmbrs say, they wish to accomplish the dreams of their parrents, some of us might be in accounting profession just becoz of its 'scope'. some r here just bcoz their friends/cousins were in it.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- aaeisha shah - 02-20-2005

first of all asalamalekum,
i m doing CAT ,and i m here b'cauz of my dad.he thinks i shud do something worth instead of wasting my time in bsc/mbbs which require lots of study ,and gives back nothin' in return.where as after completing ACCA i shall earn alot of money.
to b very frank,i've chosen dis field to earn moneyyy..alots of moneyyy.i wanna become a billionare.lolzzz
u know what?? all of u have selected this field to gain status and moneyyy,m i right na...???

- Azeem Shah Khan - 02-20-2005

Walaikum assalaam aaeisha

I am sure there are easier and quicker ways to become rich, ACCA/CA is definitely NOT one of them )

I am sure you all have stated your reasons pretty honestly which are quite fair.

I would be interested to know if anyone of us chose to become an accountant not because of monetary reasons.

Regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

- derivativetrader - 02-20-2005

Aaeisha, I totally agree with you that one should invest in studies on the basis of simple NPV method.

Everybody knows that Accountants enjoy a stable status and embedded to which is a big bank balance [D][D][D]

I chose my career purely on the basis of above. [D][D]

DT

- derivativetrader - 02-20-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

i wanna become a billionare.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Please don't forget to let me know then, as it would be my pleasure to start our Hedge Fund together. Just imagine how would you feel to work with somebody who has Nick Leeson's credentials [D][D][D]

DT

- Desert Sleet - 02-20-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Azeem Shah Khan</i>
<br />Walaikum assalaam aaeisha

I am sure there are easier and quicker ways to become rich, ACCA/CA is definitely NOT one of them )

I am sure you all have stated your reasons pretty honestly which are quite fair.

I would be interested to know if anyone of us chose to become an accountant not because of monetary reasons.

Regards

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now."

<b>Most people choose a career to make money; I make money to choose my career</b>. And hopefully i will get into politics some day. Now after Completing masters in Finance i am thinking to pursue a career in Political Sciences.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I would be interested to know if anyone of us chose to become an accountant not because of monetary reasons.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Money should not be your first concern when choosing a career--what you love to do should be--but it is a crucial one nonetheless. In certain careers it is very difficult to make money, especially at first. It is hard to make money as an artist, journalist, freelance writer, actor, or radio talk-show host. If you want a career in one of these fields, you must be prepared for the difficult path ahead--which may include getting a temporary job in another field until you are able to support yourself doing what you love.

The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy. Ignore conventional wisdom and try considering this as your personal wisdom It is possible to do what you really want to do and be paid well for it. When you find that, the work time will feel like play.

Sadly, most people do not have careers they love. Most adults' feelings toward their work range from mild enjoyment to bored indifference to absolute hatred. Work is generally viewed as an unfortunate burden, endured for the sake of weekends, holidays, and retirement.

The lack of joy most people get out of their careers raises an important question Why do so many people fail at choosing a career when the decision has such a crucial effect on their happiness? Obviously, there is something wrong with the approach they are taking to make this decision.

Contrast how people approach choosing a career with the way they approach buying a car--something they are much more successful at. When a person buys a car he gathers all the relevant information he can before making a decision. He knows he wants a safe, attractive, reliable, affordable car suited to his needs. He does not expect the knowledge of the right car to come to him automatically, so he does a lot of thinking and research. He asks himself, "How much can I afford to spend on a car? How many people do I need to haul? How important is safety? Styling? Speed?" He finds the different brands and models that have the type of car he is looking for. Then he does research. He looks up safety information on cars he is considering, like crash tests. He checks the reliability records of the different manufacturers. He looks into how quickly the value of the car will depreciate. He takes test drives. After doing this research and sorting out all the facts, the buyer is ready to make an informed decision on which car to purchase, and will be able to choose the best car for him. The key to his success is his rational method.

But imagine if the man, instead of logically approaching the issue, took the approach most people do with career. Instead of going through the facts methodically, he would leave his success to chance--going to the nearest dealership and buying the first car on the lot. Such a person would end up paying $10,000 for a Yugo or purchasing a sports car for his family of five.

A bad car can be sold and replaced. The years of unfulfilled life a bad career leads to are irreplaceable.

So the Reason behind choosing your career is that you should pursue the career u love most, not just because of the monetary reasons.

If you have found a career doing the work you love you should go after it with everything you have (unless it is literally impossible to succeed in that field), but you need to be aware of the challenges ahead.

- the_farhan - 02-21-2005

<font face="Verdana">
i agree with Desert Sleet tht first preferrence shud be the motivation.

a chinese proverb says tht "you will never have to work for a single day if u work wht you enjoy the most"

it means tht whn v r doing smthng tht motivates n entertains us a lot, v do not feel ne burden or boredom in doing it. otherwise, the task becomes a hell n makes our life really miserable.

monetary interests shud come second. u know, whn v do acording to our interests, v really excel in it n get a definite edge over others who lack intterest in doing tht particular job. n this edge gives us lots of return in terms of money, job stability/security, n our demand in the market or company

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Azeem Shah Khan - 02-22-2005

Yet another masterpiece from DS explaining the correct approach to define objectives/ambitions and eventually career and that was the very reason of my post to see how many of us have CLEARLY DEFINED OBJECTIVES. (Apologies for a very long sentence)

Regards

- noman - 02-22-2005

desert sleet...no offence....but all you told us is complete mumbo jumbo here....
u talk abt car....but u can check out abt car bcoz u have ridden some cars before...
but in choosing a career...there is not much chance to ride different careers....

i don't really know what i am good at...so i chose this field bcoz it gives a lot of money...
though we may all hate to say it.......but it's THE reason....

- Desert Sleet - 02-22-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noman</i>
<br />desert sleet...no offence....but all you told us is complete mumbo jumbo here....
u talk abt car....but u can check out abt car bcoz u have ridden some cars before...
but in choosing a career...there is not much chance to ride different careers....

i don't really know what i am good at...so i chose this field bcoz it gives a lot of money...
though we may all hate to say it.......but it's THE reason....
U have made my points even more clear Noman.

A bad car can be sold and replaced. The years of unfulfilled life a bad career leads to are irreplaceable. So think hard before pursuing any Career. There are many factors to consider when deciding abt it. Money isnt the only factor but a crucial one nonetheless.

The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy. Ignore conventional wisdom and try considering this as your personal wisdom It is possible to do what you really want to do and be paid well for it. When you find that, the work time will feel like play.