Accountancy Forum
New trends in MIS and Accounting? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New trends in MIS and Accounting? (/showthread.php?tid=1708)

New trends in MIS and Accounting? - bilal azhar - 02-18-2005

Will somebody tell me about some new trends in information technology with particular reference to MIS and accounting.

Trends like ERP solution,just in time system,work flow computing,computer integrated manufacuring ect will be very useful.

bilal

Edited by - bilal azhar on Feb 18 2005 024018 AM

- bilal azhar - 02-27-2005

quite surprising to see that with the tremendous growth in IT related concepts no body knows some new trends.

i am appearing in IT paper of module D of icap and for the last two to three attempts examiner is testing this topic with some new terms that very few people know,e.g terms like Workflow computing system,browser based applications,web based applications have been tested in previous attempts.

if somebody knows some new terms then please tell me the name only.dont worry if u dont know their definitions.

bilal

- FurqanAhmed - 03-07-2005

Some possible terms are

SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
RIA (Rich Internet Applications)
MDA (Model Driven Architecture)
xUML (Executable Unified Modelling Language)

Hope this helps...

Furqan

- ZubairPasha - 03-09-2005

hi,
can anybody tell me the accounting softwares that will be of help in our profession other than PEACHTREE,QUICKBOOKS,DACEASY.
I'll be quite greatful for this info.
regards,

zubair

- Shahid_fss - 03-12-2005

Information technology is not just a topic now. Once it was a topic but now it’s a subject, a group of subjects. My friends, when we talk about trends in information technology, we should know in which topic we want to discuss it. As I know that we have no concern with the IT relating to mathematics, medical, engineering, electronics etc but still when we talk about IT in business, there are many sub-topics. Well I will try to discuss each a little (according to my poor knowledge). I am keeping this thing in mind that you just need a hint rather then a lecture. As I am not IT expert so I will discuss them according to my experience.

<b>First of all I thing these topics are in relation with business.
1. ASP
2. CRM
3. ERP
4. Computer security
5. Wireless computing
6. Web hosting
7. Internet
8. Data bases
</b>

There maybe some other (I don’t know)

<b><u>ASP Trends</u></b>
ASP stands for Application Service Provider. It is a service that lets us use software on web rather then on computer. Web based applications are new trend in ASP and they are very important in business point of view.
ASP also stands for Active server page. It is also a new trend. It has kicked out VB script, a popular script language. ASP’s new improvement is ASP .NET. The impact of ASP .NET on web is that it has provided a fast service and an improved method in which components are already compiled rather then being compiled during loading which takes some time. There are many other improvements in ASPs.

<b><u>CRM Trends</u></b>
CRM stands for consumer relationship management and you all know this term better then me so I am jumping to next topic

<b><u>ERP Trends</u></b>
ERP (Enterprise resource planning) is already under discussion so I am skipping it up too.

<b><u>Wireless Trends</u></b>
This is a hot topic now a day. The most impressive improvement in wireless computing is mobile media. Other services include mobile web services, e-mail, storage media etc.

<b><u>Computer security Trends</u></b>
It is a very boring topic for me to discuss. If (surely) you have seen the new version of windows XP or SP2 you know that how much security improvement it contains. New firewalls, virus protection tools, secure web surfing etc. The topic of security will become hotter you will see.

<b><u>Web hosting Trends</u></b>
Free web hosting, GBs free space, more band width, extra facilities, .NET supporting web hosting, advertisements. Web hosting has become a fashion. Even I am planning to move on some ASP and .NET supporting free web hosts.

<b><u>Data bases Trends</u></b>
Data base is the basic functionality of computer. Most resent and great improvement in data base is the concept of disconnected databases. We know when many people/groups are communicating on internet; it hearts the speed of data. In this system one person or group receives data in bulk (if you are on row # 20, it may also pre-load rows from #15 to #25) so that the data should be available when there is no connection. In this way, speed increases and errors reduce. It also increases the safety of data.
i.e. if data is coming from point “A” (Server) to point “B” (Computer). Under this method it will not directly arrive to point “B” but will be stored in an XML file. Now cable is free for others and you can still use the available data. When you will modify or update the data, it will go to XML file from point “B” and then to point “A”

<b>64-bit computing is also a new trend but some expert rejected it and said that it is too early for the current technology.
</b>

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- bilal azhar - 03-16-2005

Thanks shahid for the above information.some of the trends in addition to those provided above are

(1) DATABASE concepts of data mining and data ware houses

(2)PRODUCTION concepts of automated production such as computer
aided design(CAD),computer integratd manufacturing,
justin time systems,material requirement planning

(3)NEW LANGUAGES advent of new languages such as Xml,ebxml,xbrl in
place of html.

4)END USER COMPUTING direct hands on the use of computers

(5)SECURITY Techniques such as digital signatures,pretty good
privacy,biometeric identifications,transaction
tracking systems etc.

(6)PROGRAMMING use of object oriented programming
off course there are many more which i am not aware of.

ALthough an old concept,hacking is very interesting topic.A hacker is a person who tries to invade the privacy of the system.here i would like to ask few questions regarding hacking.i would be very thankful if anybody answers my questions.Before asking these questions let me clarify to u that i dont know anything about hacking except theortically.
Here are my questions

(1) how hacking is actually done.how can a person having a reasonable
knowledge of computes and web becomes an hacker?

(2) ARE there any hackers club in pakistan especially Lahore?

(3) IS hacking legally allowed in pakistan,if yes then why,if no
then why these hackers club exist in pakistan?

(4) how we can physically catch a hacker? <b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

bilal

- Shahid_fss - 03-16-2005

Nice info bilal;

Please explaine this
Data mining, Data warehousing, End-user computing.

I'd like to add something
New Languages C#, Java# and those u identified.
Object oriented VB is now fully objact orianted and equal to C.
New VB is not version 7 but a new language as it is so much changed.

An interesting topic
Now you can easily write a programe in many different languages such as C, C++, C#, VB, XML etc. Microsoft has intodused Visual Studio .NET where all languages are working under a CLR (common language runtime). They all share same plateform. I liked this feature very much.

Now about Hikers;
I also don't know much about hicking. Hicking is possitive when compared to Cracking. Hickers build things and Crackers distroy things. A Hicker (if not useing any basic tool) should be aware of any computer language and HTML codes. For furhter information I will ask my friends who are hackers.

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- bilal azhar - 03-17-2005

DATA WAREHOUSES AND DATA MINING data warehouse and mining is the concept related with better knowledge management and business intelligence.

DATA MINING is the computer assisted processes of sifting through and alayzing vast amount of data in order to extract meaning and discover new knowledge.e.g; data mining tools might sift through the companys immense collections of customers,marketing,production,and financial data and identify whats worth noting and what's not.data mining is also called knowledge discovery.purpose of it is to replace traditional query and report methods of data organizing and alaysing.

DATA WAREHOUSE is basically the result of data mining.it is a special database of cleaned up data and meta-data.data warehouse is read only database that is populated with detailed,summary, and exception information that can be accessed quickly.

Data about most of us is finding its way into data warehouses.we participate in about hundreds of transactions a year recorded in point of sale terminals,ATM machines,credit card files etc.sooner or later some of the records of our past activities will be used,most likely by marketing companies to try to influence us about their products.

END USER COMPUTINGis the direct hands on use of computers by users-not indirect use of computres by professionals or data processing staff.end user computing has been fulled by the introduction of pc's to user departments,by user friendly softwares and by the greater awareness of computers and what they can do.

bilal

- Salim Jummani - 04-05-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilal azhar</i>
<br />Will somebody tell me about some new trends in information technology with particular reference to MIS and accounting.

Trends like ERP solution,just in time system,work flow computing,computer integrated manufacuring ect will be very useful.

bilal

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bilal azhar</i>
<br />Will somebody tell me about some new trends in information technology with particular reference to MIS and accounting.

bilal

log on to www.busyinfotech.com. Download fully functional accounting software FREE

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ZubairPasha</i>
<br />hi,
can anybody tell me the accounting softwares that will be of help in our profession other than PEACHTREE,QUICKBOOKS,DACEASY.
regards,

zubair

log on to www.busyinfotech.com Download the free oftware.

- bilal azhar - 04-06-2005

Nobody has yet answered my questions about hacking.no hackers on this site?

some basic facts about hacking "be chalain ge"

bilal

- Shahid_fss - 04-06-2005

Sorry, I thought someone may personally know about hacking but it seems no body knows any thing about this topic (Including me). Here are some links where you can find information about hacking/hackers.

Hacking/Backers on "Discovery channel"
http//tlc.discovery.com/convergence/hackers/hackers.html

How to become a Hacker
http//www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Understanding Hackers
http//www.plethora.net/~seebs/faqs/hacker.html

========================
```*``` I love stars;
*`*`*`* Shining;
`*`*`*` and Smiling;
*`````* Always.
------------------------
Shahid_fss@yahoo.com
http//www.shahid-fss.tk
========================

- Salim Jummani - 04-08-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ZubairPasha</i>
<br />hi,
regards,

zubair

log on to www.busyinfotech.com