Accountancy Forum
ACCA Results - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA Results (/showthread.php?tid=1717)

Pages: 1 2

- syedhassan - 02-25-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Desert Sleet</i>
<br />Where does one start when discussing one’s most proudest moments? Probably thats the dilema which is now beeing faced by fellow members who have recently cleared there ACCA examinations. Most people, including you, are no doubt infinitely more coordinated than I am, more pre-disposed to advanced planning, and not likely to procrastinate on learning the proper essentials of a new endeavor. Nevertheless, I ask for the reader’s indulgence as I recount some of my specific failings in the hopes that by committing them to writing, I will be less prone to repeat them at another time. They are in no particular order of importance or rank, unless you want to imagine the degree of pain involved to admit to each. If you have a hard time believing them, then so much the better for me.

On starting ACCA i thought that its just a Childs Play. Still this pre-occupation is prevailing in Pakistan and has been demonstrated by some members of this forum. Well but when the result of Paper 1,2,3 was announced i was just astounded, i flunked in all the papers. But that moment turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me as instead of getting demotivated i got much more determined and on the next sitting i turned the tables with distinctions in 1st two papers. This tale continued and likewise i completed ACCA without failing in any more papers. So work hard be determined and learn from others mistake - Specially Mines.

And Syed Hassan Congratulations on passing the papers. I hope this passing streak will continue not only in ACCA but will be lifelong. Hope u best of wishes for the future endeavors as well.

Many people have been following Each others progress progress by e-mail and the internet(forum). This has generated a real sense of togetherness and support for Accountancy Community, and certainly raised the profile of electronic communications where we are concerned. My only worry is that those who, from choice or for no fault of their own, do not have this access, may come to feel themselves to be "cut off" After this I don't think that we will go back again, and e-comms will become more and more the method we use. At the same time we should promise to continue to help our fellows and to introduce them to this friendly community. So if you can get on line, do. If not don’t worry.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
hello...
thanks for the lovely comments for all of us...
nad.. sure.. its like some cycle, when you'r with ACCA or any other professional qualification, as you can learn much with your mistakes...
and what i learned after this attempt, is...
1- it takes much more to pass theory papers, than only the books.
2- fpr 1.3 scenario, i searched google for multinationals, where TEAM, TEAM ROLES etc.. are found in practise and that helped much in understanding the practise.
3- for 2.1, i quoted examples and solutions from MS Office Package and some SAP example and it really helped there in EXAMS.
cheers to all, who are with ICAP, ACCA or any other such qualification...
may you all achieve ever success in future..
syed hassan...

ACCA

- syedhassan - 02-25-2005

hello...
thanks for the lovely comments for all of us...
nad.. sure.. its like some cycle, when you'r with ACCA or any other professional qualification, as you can learn much with your mistakes...
and what i learned after this attempt, is...
1- it takes much more to pass theory papers, than only the books.
2- fpr 1.3 scenario, i searched google for multinationals, where TEAM, TEAM ROLES etc.. are found in practise and that helped much in understanding the practise.
3- for 2.1, i quoted examples and solutions from MS Office Package and some SAP example and it really helped there in EXAMS.
cheers to all, who are with ICAP, ACCA or any other such qualification...
may you all achieve ever success in future..
syed hassan...

ACCA