Accountancy Forum
guidance for exams - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: guidance for exams (/showthread.php?tid=1733)

guidance for exams - noman - 02-26-2005

hi ppl

u might think its kind of late
but i want some seniors here to advise on
how to go about prep for the exams
in final 10 days....

one more thing..
in QM paper.....what should we do first
math or stat? or both?

- MALIK FARRUKH - 02-26-2005

its not to early to ask b/c we r just preparing for exam from the first day

mfarrukh.

- Desert Sleet - 02-26-2005

The technique which i use while reading is SQ3R. i will recommend u all this technique as it is a useful technique for fully absorbing written information. It helps you to create a good mental framework of a subject, into which you can fit facts correctly. It helps you to set study goals. It also prompts you to use the review techniques that will help to fix information in your mind. By using SQ3R technique, you can get the maximum benefit from your reading time.

The acronym SQ3R stands for the five sequential techniques you should use to read a book

Survey
Survey the book scan the contents, introduction, chapter introductions and chapter summaries to pick up a shallow overview of the text. Form an opinion of whether it will be of any help. If it does not give you the information you want, discard it.

Question
Make a note of any questions on the subject that come to mind, or particularly interest you following your survey. Perhaps scan the book again to see if any stand out. These questions can be considered almost as study goals - understanding the answers can help you to structure the information in your own mind.

Read
Now read the the the book. Read through useful sections in detail, taking care to understand all the points that are relevant. In the case of some texts this reading may be very slow. This will particularly be the case if there is a lot of dense and complicated information. While you are reading, it can help to take notes in Concept Map format.

Recall
Once you have read appropriate sections of the book, run through it in your mind several times. Isolate the core facts or the essential processes behind the subject, and then see how other information fits around them.

Review
Once you have run through the exercise of recalling the information, you can move on to the stage of reviewing it. This review can be by rereading the book, by expanding your notes, or by discussing the material with colleagues. A particularly effective method of reviewing information is to have to teach it to someone else!

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- maani - 02-27-2005

Hi,
I think Maths portion is easier to solve(takes less time as compared to Stats)...and I attempted that one in the first place in my exams...
regarding ur second query...my dear it depends upon u that what way of study in the last few days can benefit u at max....like in the last weak before exams I prepare for One subject in one day...I will spend 27th of Feb for Tax only...28th for BCBS and so on...coz I always felt it useful...u can try it...but on ur own risk...

Ace