Accountancy Forum
wanted 2 know - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: wanted 2 know (/showthread.php?tid=1740)

wanted 2 know - seajnaaz - 02-28-2005

salam 2 all,

i wanted 2 know big four firms in london?
whts their names and any1 can tell me that 4 applying articleship
1 can ,wht point shd consider in my mind....any of u have any experiuence rewgarding this...
dear deritive trader i hope u ll have something 2 tell me...any good suggestions i m waiting 4 reply frm u n other respectable member living in u.k have some experience regarding this.[?]

- derivativetrader - 02-28-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by seajnaaz</i>
<br />salam 2 all,

i wanted 2 know big four firms in london?
whts their names and any1 can tell me that 4 applying articleship
1 can ,wht point shd consider in my mind....any of u have any experiuence rewgarding this...
dear deritive trader i hope u ll have something 2 tell me...any good suggestions i m waiting 4 reply frm u n other respectable member living in u.k have some experience regarding this.[?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sana, I assume by Big 4 you mean Big 4 accountancy firms - They are just like in Pakistan, PwC, Deloitte, KPMG & E&Y.

I don't quite understand what you mean by articleship - is it Internship? As you would appreciate that in London and for that matter throughout the UK, the competition for accountancy jobs in these firms is very fierce. For internships it is even more competitive because simply there are less vavancies for them as compared with Grad. Jobs.

All information about how to apply is on their websites - usually it's an online form that you will have to submit. Don't worry if they forget to reply back - that is a polite form of rejection! It's is very competitive as I have said before.

Also, these internships in UK are only available for undergraduate students in their penultimate year, i.e. graduating the following summer. Since I am assuming that you are not in UK and may not be a UK or EU citizen, so the chances for your selection are very bleak. (I'm sorry but I like to speak truth and let you know from my exp.)

I don't see any way why they would take you, ofcourse, with the exxeption if you are relative of some partner in their member firm in Pakistan. [)][)]

Please ask a specific question and I will answer that promptly.

BTW, the recruitment process for graduates starting in Sept. 2005 has already been finished (starting again in Sept 2005 for Sept. 2006 entry). Whereas, the process of internship is in their last few stages - again deadlines for application have gone. Although, they say on their websites that it's an ongoing process but trust me it's gone.

You may be intersted in applying for other accountancy firms, like Grant Thornton and other medium sized firms. I agree that they don't enjoy the prestige of Big 4 but most of the senior people at these firms are former employees of Big 4 and hence, I don't see any point why your training would have any impact. Their pay scale are also competitive. And, the competition sometimes is also not that much. You may get lucky there.

If you could tell me exactly what you want (which dept.) and for how long and your educational/career background - I may be able to help you getting to the right people.

I can't promise anything but I think there is some hope. But you got to reply quick as these places are going like hot-cakes.

If you are only intersted in Audit or Tax - then there is a lot of comeptition but if you want any exp. from UK, then why not consider something else that these firms offer, like Forensic etc. You may have more chance of success.

DT