Accountancy Forum
Top-4 Firms After Top-4 - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Top-4 Firms After Top-4 (/showthread.php?tid=1747)

Top-4 Firms After Top-4 - Iron man - 03-03-2005

HI GUYS
Everyone knows top 4 firms. like
1. A.F.Ferguson
2. Ford rhodes
3. taseer hadi
4. yousuf adil
5. ???????
6. ???????
7. ???????

But what are the top 3 or4 firms after the top 4 firms(mention above).
I know that most of you people said about HUSSAIN REHMAN & co. But there is not a name of HUSSAIN REHMAN in the list of audits firms with satisfactory quality control (QCR) rating. Remember this list is available on ICAP's website.

http//www.icap.org.pk/QCR/QCR_INTRO.htm

Now what are the top 4 after the top 4. in karachi.
looking forward for your replies.

with regard

Revolution

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 03-03-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">But what are the top 3 or 4 firms after the top 4 firms(mention above).
I know that most of you people said about HUSSAIN REHMAN & co. But there is not a name of HUSSAIN REHMAN in the list of audits firms with satisfactory quality control (QCR) rating. Remember this list is available on ICAP's website.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes budy, I just checked the relevent list of audit firms by your given thread, & I think it might be possible that you are going on the wrong way. Its Anjum Asim Shahid Rehman & Co. you may call into the fifth position in Karachi instead of Hussain Rehman & Co.( I dont exactly know that where is Hussain Rehman & co. situated in Karachi ... Are you searching Abdul Rehman & Co.??)

Okhay .... See the following thread in which you are able to get all the approved registered Audit firms in karachi.(this was taken by the site apnakarachi.com.

http//www.apnakarachi.com/business/charter/charter.asp?fn=1.asp

If you want to know about further Top 4 firms after ranking top 4 or in other words, after A F Ferguson, Taseer Hadi Khalid, Ford Rhodes Sidat hyder & yousuf adeel, then i like to say that "it is not possible to say that who is a rapidly growing audit firms after big 4.. But in my observation some firms have gained sufficient empoyees, resources, good cleints <not probably blue chip> & atleast good structure in karachi ... which are as follows

Anjum Asim Shahid Rehman & Co.
Ebrahim & Co.
Hyder Bhimji & Co.(not structure wise [)])
Awais Hyder Zaman Rizwani & Co.
Haroon Zakaria & Co.

Its just unilateral Observation,may be i am wrong okhay ... so dont take any serious action Iron, until unless another members could give
a biased, more appropriate & realistic opinion that whether these firms are realy established in karachi or not. !

ASIF ALI

- imi - 03-07-2005

Can some 1 tell me basis of ranking if its client then i think KPMG islamabad has taken over all AFF big clients like OGDCL, PTCL, Fauji Fertlizer, Fauji Cement, Fauji Jordan Bin Qasim, Mari Gas, OMV Exlpolration, BHP what else is left so how can AFF be still no. 1????

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 03-10-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Can some 1 tell me basis of ranking if its client then i think KPMG islamabad has taken over all AFF big clients like OGDCL, PTCL, Fauji Fertlizer, Fauji Cement, Fauji Jordan Bin Qasim, Mari Gas, OMV Exlpolration, BHP what else is left so how can AFF be still no. 1????<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

HI IMI
Sorry for being late.......Wel dear If you talking about KPMG (Taseer Hadi Khalid & Co.)then no doubt that THK & Co. is doing its job in a more flexible way & almost has gained big blue chip companies in a couple of years ( not just on ISB but also have spread its network in Karachi)...But the story is not just finished on the basis of an Audit. Certain key factors are also considerable for copmarison purposes.. like Management consultancy, Software Implementation, Multi skilled employees ( not ony CA,ACCA, CIMA, ACMA, but also have certain employees who have additional skills in software developing,ERP, CRM, IRM implementation, programming ),realistic work structure etc.

But still it is questionable to analiyse both of the firm that who is No.1 in pakistan. There is no hard & fast rule & appropriate criteria for the basis of ranking .. But in my perspective... I think both are in parallel situation only on tha basis of an audit !

ASIF ALI

- Pracs - 03-28-2005

It would have been so much easier, if firms announced their financial results like eleswhere in the world.

I am sure even having lost a number of clients to THK... AFF stil holds a bulk of clients expecially due to the PwC thread in there. Yes plus AFF is also the only Big 4 in Pakistan making headways in the ERP business.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311