Accountancy Forum
job OR articleship for ACCA is same - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: job OR articleship for ACCA is same (/showthread.php?tid=1762)

job OR articleship for ACCA is same - naeem sarwar - 03-06-2005

CAN we meet the training requirements of ACCA through job?IS there any student who is doing job and meeting the training criteria of ACCA? PLease reply me.thanks.

naeem

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 03-06-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> CAN we meet the training requirements of ACCA through job?IS there any student who is doing job and meeting the training criteria of ACCA? PLease reply me.thanks.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

YES MR. NAEEM SARWAR...You can definitely gain atleast 3 yrs relevent experience in any Multinationals, Industries, Public & Private sector organizations or whatseoever ... Whether it is based on Post or Pre-Qualification, there is no problem at all in ACCA ..... & Ultimately .... I like to say, in my perspective not whole, that "this is the WORST WEAKPOINT of our ASSOCIATION ( ACCA )... Suggestion is that If ACCA would bound to its students that " Students must get 3 yrs relevent practical experience in any reputable Firm after qualifying ACCA Part 2 stage, then i must say that ACCA's will absolutely get a corporate worth of his/her certificate". IF this would be possible then ACCA's are able to become runner up contestant of ACA's in pakistan.

FIRM's Experience means more Exposure, more knowledge, more analytical approach, more confidence, more ability, more perfection ... & much much more..... so do not see the $ in this time ... just focus on CAREER PLANNING ... & think in a broader sense to make a good CAREER PROSPECTS that how can you get the value of your qualification.

ASIF ALI

- the_farhan - 03-07-2005

<font face="Verdana">
3 yrs relevant experience for ACCA can b from audit firms (articles) or from industries/companies (job exposure). ACCA does not put restriction upon it.

dear Mr. Whappaaaa, i find that all the accounting qualifications, except ACA or CPA etc, do accept the work experience obtained before, during, or after the qualification. these include CMA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA(it is non-accounting). so if all the bodies r doing it this way, then it shud not b taken -vely.

one question tht i want to ask is tht which one of the following plan is worth more

(1) ACCA plus articles from audit firms
(2) ACCA plus job experience of industries/companies

plz do elaborate ur view with valid reasons.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Desert Sleet - 03-07-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the_farhan</i>
<br /><font face="Verdana">
3 yrs relevant experience for ACCA can b from audit firms (articles) or from industries/companies (job exposure). ACCA does not put restriction upon it.

dear Mr. Whappaaaa, i find that all the accounting qualifications, except ACA or CPA etc, do accept the work experience obtained before, during, or after the qualification. these include CMA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA(it is non-accounting). so if all the bodies r doing it this way, then it shud not b taken -vely.

one question tht i want to ask is tht which one of the following plan is worth more

(1) ACCA plus articles from audit firms
(2) ACCA plus job experience of industries/companies

plz do elaborate ur view with valid reasons.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Your first choice should always be ACCA plus articles from audit firms. As already Mr Whappaa pointed out-<b>FIRM's Experience means more Exposure, more knowledge, more analytical approach, more confidence, more ability, more perfection ... & much much more</b> i support his comments and agree with many.

The only reason why people ACCA's prohibits from joining Audit firm is because of <b>"Raagra"</b> But what they dont see is the long term implications of their effort in firm. Every possible goal, deserves further investigation to see how entry can be gained. There will always be obstacles, but, given a vocation, they are probably surmountable. Never be too hidebound when seeking markets for your talents. It can be surprising to find how people can change course and use technical qualifications in unexpected ways dont start firm working in Industry from the word go. Join firm be "polished". And that will be the perfect time to find the job.

If you have time before you are actively seeking a job, work experience (as i already pointed out), is most valuable. This became very clear during research on the logistic industry. More than one big firm was willing to take Service people into their organisations for short periods. Then, when they applied for jobs, they had shown commitment and were especially attractive candidates. The same has been shown by parts of other professions. An officer from the RAF spent part of his leave with a certified account. He could not, of course, do much active work, but he showed interest in the office systems and library and this stood him in good stead with a different firm some months later.

Work experience does something else. It can teach you the jargon of the industry and illustrate the lack of understanding civilians have of language common in your branch of the forces. To learn 'civvyspeak' can improve the drafting of those CVs (plural again) you will need.

There is an old saying in the forces. 'Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted'. Only by that means can you know what opportunities there are.

There is an old proverb often quoted in these columns The crowd makes way for the man who knows where he is going. Make sure you know where you want to go and have plans to get there an the place which paves the way for the future devolepment is FIRM so remain <i>firm</i>. [)]

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- turithegreat - 04-16-2005

no job OR articleship for ACCA is not same

- Desert Sleet - 04-17-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />no job OR articleship for ACCA is not same
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thanks for enlightening us with your well versed conclusion [D]

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!