Accountancy Forum
plz comment, n also give reasons - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: plz comment, n also give reasons (/showthread.php?tid=1800)

plz comment, n also give reasons - the_farhan - 03-18-2005

<font face="Verdana">
salaaam all,

dear friends, n respected seniors, i ve come up with a situation. plz give your valuable argument(s) upon it, supported by reason(s).
situation is

A person completes ACCA, joins articles in an audit firm, gains extensive exposure and practice of auditing, taxation, and other core accounting phases. second person is already on job, he completes ACCA along with the job, and meets three-years experience requirements from his job rather than from articles of audit firm. Will the employers value this later person equal to the former person? in short, who is preferred, ACCA plus articles? or ACCA plus job experience?

your remarks shall be highly valued.
thanx
</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- muqtader - 03-18-2005

hi there farhan... as per ur question in my view i guess ACCA plus articles from big 4 would be highly regarded by employers.... but incase u are joining some small audit firm i would rather prefer u to join some multinational company....
based on ur question its ur preference about what u would like ur career to excel with,,, ) thanks

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- Desert Sleet - 03-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by the_farhan</i>
<br /><font face="Verdana">
salaaam all,

dear friends, n respected seniors, i ve come up with a situation. plz give your valuable argument(s) upon it, supported by reason(s).
situation is

A person completes ACCA, joins articles in an audit firm, gains extensive exposure and practice of auditing, taxation, and other core accounting phases. second person is already on job, he completes ACCA along with the job, and meets three-years experience requirements from his job rather than from articles of audit firm. Will the employers value this later person equal to the former person? in short, who is preferred, ACCA plus articles? or ACCA plus job experience?

your remarks shall be highly valued.
thanx
</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Your first choice should always be ACCA plus articles from audit firms. As already Mr Whappaa pointed out-FIRM's Experience means more Exposure, more knowledge, more analytical approach, more confidence, more ability, more perfection ... & much much more i support his comments and agree with many.

The only reason why people ACCA's prohibits from joining Audit firm is because of "Raagra" But what they dont see is the long term implications of their effort in firm. Every possible goal, deserves further investigation to see how entry can be gained. There will always be obstacles, but, given a vocation, they are probably surmountable. Never be too hidebound when seeking markets for your talents. It can be surprising to find how people can change course and use technical qualifications in unexpected ways dont start firm working in Industry from the word go. Join firm be "polished". And that will be the perfect time to find the job.

If you have time before you are actively seeking a job, work experience (as i already pointed out), is most valuable. This became very clear during research on the logistic industry. More than one big firm was willing to take Service people into their organisations for short periods. Then, when they applied for jobs, they had shown commitment and were especially attractive candidates. The same has been shown by parts of other professions. An officer from the RAF spent part of his leave with a certified account. He could not, of course, do much active work, but he showed interest in the office systems and library and this stood him in good stead with a different firm some months later.

Work experience does something else. It can teach you the jargon of the industry and illustrate the lack of understanding civilians have of language common in your branch of the forces. To learn 'civvyspeak' can improve the drafting of those CVs (plural again) you will need.

There is an old saying in the forces. 'Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted'. Only by that means can you know what opportunities there are.

There is an old proverb often quoted in these columns The crowd makes way for the man who knows where he is going. Make sure you know where you want to go and have plans to get there an the place which paves the way for the future devolepment is FIRM so remain firm. [)]

---------------------------------------------
When The Going Gets Tough ... The Tough Gets Going ...

- the_farhan - 03-21-2005

<font face="Verdana">
thanx for replying, gentlemen.[)]
</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- the_farhan - 03-23-2005

<font face="Verdana">
thanx a lot, all of u three ...
mates, i m student of MBA. i will be on job in any company after completion (ameeen). so it would be not possible to join audit firms if i opt for ACCA along with job. so, will this b a bad decision for me?bcoz i will have to gain 3-yr-exposure from my company. do u think tht CMA or ACMA(CIMA) will be better option for my situation? plz do give ur suggestion. thanx.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- the_farhan - 03-23-2005

<font face="Verdana">
in continuation to previous post, i need to know one more thing. i forgot it earlier.

if i do not opt for ANY accounting qualification after MBA(finance), n work for any company (not for banks or any financial innstitution ___ which r best place for MBA(finance) ppl), then will it bother me in any way? eg, for promotions or salary packages etc?

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- turithegreat - 04-13-2005

yes ACCA+ any big four Audit firm experience would be your passport to good job in future as the employers always looking for people who have firm experience and it is highly valuable aswell for the CV requirements aswell