Accountancy Forum
Jobs in Pakistan for US Grads - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Jobs in Pakistan for US Grads (/showthread.php?tid=1835)

Jobs in Pakistan for US Grads - deezel - 03-31-2005

<font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New">

AOA All,

I am a new member here. I am currently working as a Benefits Systems Analyst for Ernst & Young LLP, USA. I have a BS in Finance/ MIS and will be finishing my MS in Accounting in May 2005.

I have been working for E&Y for 4 Yrs now. Will there be opportnites for me if I want to move back. Please post messages with the job situation in Pakistan...

KH,
Deezel

- derivativetrader - 03-31-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by deezel</i>
<br /><font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New">

AOA All,

I am a new member here. I am currently working as a Benefits Systems Analyst for Ernst & Young LLP, USA. I have a BS in Finance/ MIS and will be finishing my MS in Accounting in May 2005.

I have been working for E&Y for 4 Yrs now. Will there be opportnites for me if I want to move back. Please post messages with the job situation in Pakistan...

KH,
Deezel
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Where did you do your BS and MS? Ivy League?

DT

- deezel - 03-31-2005

No Not ivy league

- Hamim - 04-01-2005

Pakistan has a saturated job market , u won't be making as much in pakistan . A US grad would get a job but u gotta work out with the oppurtunity costs of all this.

- Desert Sleet - 04-01-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Hamim</i>
<br />Pakistan has a saturated job market , u won't be making as much in pakistan . A US grad would get a job but u gotta work out with the oppurtunity costs of all this.
Despite the fact that jobs and life are rosier abroad, i will recommend you to return home as if you have some potential coupled with necassary skills then without any shadow of a doubt you will subsequently find employement.

---------------------------------------------
“Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.”

- derivativetrader - 04-02-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by deezel</i>
<br /><font face="Courier New"></font id="Courier New">

AOA All,

KH,
Deezel

Have you tried contacting E&Y Pakistan? I think that would be the best strategy. Why not trying to get a secondment to Pakistan and if you enjoy working in Pakistan then towards the end of your contractrequest for a permanent relocation?

DT

- deezel - 04-02-2005

Wow..... This is soooooo helpful. I am really thankful to all of you. Well I was in Pakistan and had an opportunity to talk to one of the Investment Banks in KHI. Apart from other aspects Business and organizational culture is totally different in Pakistan. I am seriously considering to take the CPA. What you people think it will do for a career in Pakistan. I really want to head back home but i want to make it a decision that is reasonable and not emotional.

Any of you here actually known Sidat Hyder... How is that firm. This firm is one of our (E&Y) affiliates....

Again thank you all for the replies. I will wait for some more insight to this issue...