Accountancy Forum
CA exemptions Process ???? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA exemptions Process ???? (/showthread.php?tid=1909)

CA exemptions Process ???? - muqtader - 04-24-2005

Hello there everyone
you all got to help me in this... I applied for exemptions at Lahore office in March and i really cant figure out what exactly the procedure is? I submitted the doucments completely alongwith all the qualifications and fees ... Now i have been told that ICAP Karchi is going to deal your case..
The problem I face that in May firms would be starting recruitment and if I am not registered and given exemption of CA Inter they wont even accept my application... Can anyone guide me what exactly is the problem in this case? and whats next ?

Thanks.

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- Desert Sleet - 04-24-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by muqtader</i>
<br />Hello there everyone
you all got to help me in this... I applied for exemptions at Lahore office in March and i really cant figure out what exactly the procedure is? I submitted the doucments completely alongwith all the qualifications and fees ... Now i have been told that ICAP Karchi is going to deal your case..
The problem I face that in May firms would be starting recruitment and if I am not registered and given exemption of CA Inter they wont even accept my application... Can anyone guide me what exactly is the problem in this case? and whats next ?

Thanks.

Muqtader Abbas Shah

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The procedure is very simple, just get the exemption form from ICAP fill it out and submit it (along with the fee), it takes around 10 to 20 daysbefore receiving an exemption letter from ICAP stating that you are eligible to register yourself as trainee student with any firm of chartered accoutants from the date of the application for the exemption.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- muqtader - 04-24-2005

thanks for guiding me ) well i submitted this application on 10th march but am still awaiting a response from ICAP. Lahore office say tht they arent concerned coz Karachi office would take up the case.
So its really kinda annoying coz recruitment dates are near and things can get worse.

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- Ali Akbar - 04-24-2005

You can better ask these questions from ICAP Karachi exactly. Simply send them e-mail or call them.

ICAP is the best.

- smraza - 04-26-2005

If your problem is just to join the CA firm, you can access the CA firm of ur choice and tell them about your application for exemption, they will hire you on the basis of that application, however, you will serve that period as unregistered trainee student. And on the receipt of exemption letter you can start your registeration process with the firm.

SMR