Accountancy Forum
Computer base or manual for CAT - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Computer base or manual for CAT (/showthread.php?tid=1997)

Pages: 1 2

Computer base or manual for CAT - Sahar_M - 05-13-2005

acha wht do u think is betta option for T3 n T4 , cb or manaul ????[D][p]

Sahar

- maani - 05-14-2005

Pattern remains the same, so no difference...both are MCQs....

Ace

- Sahar_M - 05-14-2005

i think i was talking abt t3 n t4 of CAT , the pattern changes.

Sahar

- ali4u3 - 05-14-2005

mai nay tu diye hi nahi yeh papers p

Never seek advice from a Chartered Accountant. They are trained to find problems not solutions.

- maani - 05-15-2005

Sahar make it sure once again...they have same pattern ...whether u attempt them manually or on computer...

Ace

- Sahar_M - 05-15-2005

<b>maani </b>yeah i hv checked it again , for paper 3 (n maybe 4) the pattern of cb is as follows

* MCQs
* no. entry Q's
* multi responce Q's
* formula entry Q's

While MANUAL includes

Section A 20 complusory MCQs of 2 marks each
Section B Complusory short questions btw 5 n 2 mrks each
Section C 3 complusory written questions 15 mrks each.

now dont tell me u r planning to sit for cbs n dont know ur self tht the difference exists. [D]

<b>ali4u3</b> as for u agar app nay nahi denay na do , wht can other do abt it

Sahar

- muhammad awais - 05-16-2005

yar economically manual are the best. while i think yuo should take t3 manual and t4 CBE. or both of them CBE. but beware of that never attempt paper t4 manual even you become master of capital apprisal and marginal, ab***tional, process and batch costing methods.

- Sahar_M - 05-17-2005

hmm.. y is tht?? awais
DOES any one else agree tht t4 shldnt be taken manual ????, wasay is stage per manaul nahi danay ki adat ho gi agay ja ker kya kero gay ?? .
n economically manual is beta per i dont think anything is of more worth han ur time . [D]

Sahar

- Desert Sleet - 05-17-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sahar_M</i>
<br />hmm.. y is tht?? awais
DOES any one else agree tht t4 shldnt be taken manual ????, wasay is stage per manaul nahi danay ki adat ho gi agay ja ker kya kero gay ?? .
n economically manual is beta per i dont think anything is of more worth han ur time . [D]

Sahar
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
No. You can attempt and pass T4 easily in manual sitting, rather then CBE. Dont worry if you have prepared the paper thoroughly, then for you CBE or manual will be same. Best of wishes.

- muhammad awais - 05-18-2005

sahar!
i passed my t4 easily in CBE obtaining 78 marks while in manual I got only 39 marks and i'm talking about me not you or others. oi was just suggesting you to take CBE. or han CBE ab day bhi do to koi khas farak nahi parta kion kay ab mera ACCA kay part 3rd chal raha hai. or abhi tak to CBE nay koi masla nahi kia

- Sahar_M - 05-19-2005

well the reason tht u didnt do well in manul might be thtit was urfirst attempt , , n for u 2nd attempt must hv been really determinded n worked hard n did well .

Sahar

- muhammad awais - 05-19-2005

yes it may be!
but i think that manual is not suitable for a student who has not good grip over all the book. and i already gave you suggestion that if you are good in capital apprisal and batch costing service costing and mariginal and absoption costing then you should attempt manual but if you r confused about them then you shold never try for manual

- Desert Sleet - 05-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by muhammad awais</i>
<br />yes it may be!
but i think that manual is not suitable for a student who has not good grip over all the book. and i already gave you suggestion that if you are good in capital apprisal and batch costing service costing and mariginal and absoption costing then you should attempt manual but if you r confused about them then you shold never try for manual
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I'm not particularly keen on making such overgeneralizations.. by the same logic, i will say that if you dont have grip over the above mentioned topics then You Shoudnt Be attempting A Cost Accounting paper at allllll, whether it be manual or CBE.

- muhammad awais - 05-20-2005

didn't you hear about (TUKA)?

- Sahar_M - 05-26-2005

nahi , tukas dont work always , or banda kitnay kutay maray ga 10 20 or sarah paper ???? .
i agree i shldnt sit for thr ppaper if i ant read forit cos iguess its beta not to hurry n be dihearted later on. D . thnx.

Y is the WorLd so full of ..............FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them ( .