Accountancy Forum
Proud to be a Pakistani - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Proud to be a Pakistani (/showthread.php?tid=2016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Mujahid Islam - 06-14-2005

ppplllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee

fazool topics per discussion se perhaiz kerain

- ehson - 06-14-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mujahid Islam</i>
<br />ppplllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeee

fazool topics per discussion se perhaiz kerain

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
since we are not as intellectual as you are so we thought it would be good idea to have a 'discussion' on a 'fazool topic'. We'd look forward for your guidance in future and try to get into discussion where you'd put the sign of 'non fazool topics'. So please do keep on reminding us when we go off track
Pleasure to meet you

- CBPian - 06-15-2005

Thank you ehson for clarifying.... I agree with pracs that the topic name should be changed.... admin please note.

- ehson - 06-15-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CBPian</i>
<br />Thank you ehson for clarifying.... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
My pleasure, gentleman

- ehson - 06-15-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sam</i>
<br />Pakistanion say ziada achey Indians and other countries kay people hein because even they r not Muslim they behave in good manners,Pakis are hippocrates thats why they r considered to be a blacksheep whereevr they r found. the demand of people from other countries is better because hey dont have false EGOS and they r always down to earth thats the reason for their success.
Again not all the Pakistanis are hypocrates, and not all the people from other countries stand higer in their moral standards

- CBPian - 06-16-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Senator Kulsoom Parveen said cases like those of Dr Shazia and Mukhtaran Mai should not be highlighted. “Mukhtaran Mai should seek justice from Allah,” she said. Mukhtaran Mai, being an eastern woman, should not go abroad, she added.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Above from yesterday's debate in Senate (DAWN) .... no comments

- Sahar_M - 06-16-2005

{;0}

<b>
Y is the WorLd so full of ..............FOOLs ?????? n y am I one of them ( .</b>
[Wink]

- Pracs - 06-16-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />CBPAIN and PRACS
HEY U TWO WANT TO CHANGE THE TOPIC NAME......now two persons can do so either admin or me ......as far as i an concerned i wont change it......for admin i cant say anything....... any reason for u ppl to change the TOPIC'S name??????????? DO u both also keep ur eyes away from reality or its the spirit of patriotism......what ever the case may be always accept the truth even if its against u...........i hope u wont request the admin to change the topic name

Lion kING

I am not turning my face from reality. It is your God given right to bring to light any issues that you think are appropriate but lets not to do it in a manner that is not fitting for an educated person. It is because of Pakistan that you are here having been educated and being what you are today ! has the thought ever crossed your mind ? Have you thought what'd happen if Pakistan disowns you?

Meet a Palestenian who has lived in a South Lebenon Refugee camp, forced to travel on travel documents ! a stateless person, perhaps then you will be able to appreciate the blessing of having a country to call it your own.

Think about it.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- CBPian - 06-16-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States urged Pakistan to respect human rights after what the Americans called the "outrageous" case of a rape victim who was sanctioned while her attackers went free.
ADVERTISEMENT

The State Department took a swipe at the key US ally over the treatment of Mukhtaran Mai, the victim of a notorious gang rape, whose ordeal has captured world attention.

With Mai's rapists free after a series of twisting legal developments, Islamabad had moved to stop her from traveling to the United States at the invitation of the rights group Amnesty International.

The travel ban was lifted on Wednesday but State Department spokesman Sean McCormack made it clear that Washington was still fuming.

"The United States expects Pakistan's leaders to honor their pledge to protect the basic human rights of their citizens, including the freedom to travel," McCormack told reporters.

He described Mai as "a courageous woman who was the victim of a horrendous crime" and said she was welcome to come to the United States at any time.

"We were confronted with what I can only say was an outrageous situation, where her attackers were ordered to be freed while she had restrictions on her travel placed on her," McCormack said.

"We conveyed our views about these restrictions to the senior levels of the Pakistani government," he said, adding that Washington was informed Wednesday that Mai had been removed from the "exit control list."

McCormack said Mai had been in contact with US embassy officials in Pakistan but would not discuss the substance of the discussions. He would not comment on her allegation she was held under house arrest.

Mai, 33, was raped in June 2002, allegedly on the orders of a tribal council in the remote Pakistani village as punishment for her brother's affair with a woman of a powerful rival clan.

Her pursuit of justice drew world acclaim and she was invited by Amnesty International to meet with US congressional leaders and administration officials to discuss abuses against women in South Asia.

Christina Rocca, US assistant secretary of state for South Asian affairs, blasted the travel ban Tuesday, saying Washington was "dismayed at the treatment being meted out to a courageous woman."

The Pakistani government had said its aim was to protect Mai but the case provided another wrinkle to the already delicate relationship between Islamabad and Washington.

Critics have accused the US administration of overlooking the autocratic nature of President Pervez Musharraf's government for fear of losing a crucial ally in the war on terror.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Source AFP

As predicted the whipping boy is in action now [D][D][D] and we are getting lesson on values justice and human rights.

- ehson - 06-16-2005

CB you contribution are really interesting and informative )

- Anusha - 06-17-2005

Why we ppl r now being ashamed as pakistani, coz we r not serving our state well.Pakistan has given us many things.It is great land.Our identity.Change the topic plz. It should be like that

I am ashamed of being a Muslim.
This is the magor fact. We r not following the rules given and shown by our ALLAHA. Thats why ,i think u r going to be ashamed as Pakistani.
Follow the teachings of Islam. Be honest with ur country and ur duties .Then u shouldnt be ashmaed of anything.
Pakistan has given us everything .U should be ashamed of urself as a person.

Anusha Rafique

- Pracs - 06-17-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lion_king</i>
<br />pracs
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I am not turning my face from reality<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
i think u r turning ur face from reality

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It is your God given right to bring to light any issues that you think are appropriate but lets not to do it in a manner that is not fitting for an educated person<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

well if it is my GOD gifted right then y r u saying to change the name........dont u think u r interfering with my rights(well thats nothing new its a norm in pakistan)...well if raising my voice is an evil and that does not reflect an educated brain then i am happy to raise my voice and be called un-educated.....its far better i think......

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It is because of Pakistan that you are here having been educated and being what you are today ! has the thought ever crossed your mind
i think its due to my ALLAH who has given me everything,has given knowledge and education....a bit of difference of opinion......

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Have you thought what'd happen if Pakistan disowns you?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i dont think much would happen ....it will be just like nawaz sharif scenario he was disowed by pakistan and is now living a cool life in saudi arabia.......i hope if that happens to me then i wouldbe in great advantage as i wont have to get a visa and spend money to go to masjad al haram and masjad e nabawee......again a bit of difference of opinion

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Meet a Palestenian who has lived in a South Lebenon Refugee camp, forced to travel on travel documents ! a stateless person, perhaps then you will be able to appreciate the blessing of having a country to call it your own.

Think about it.
sir y i have to see a palestinian living in a south lebenon refugee camp,,getting aid from the UN and several other NGO's (have atleast a tent, pure water and 2-3 times food)....y dont i look at my own country men who dont have even a tent to cover their heads(living on footpaths),dont have pure water to drink,cant eat hygienic food nor have any opportunity to get education ........i see my countrymen in a more poor situation than those living in palestine
well for ur information i will add that palestine has the highest number of phd's in the whole arab world. W hats the situation of education here....

I THINK U HAVENT GOT the meaning of "ASAHED TO BE A PAKISTANI" its about the people and their evil deeds that make us ashame(talking about majority with the exception of a few....that includes u ,me and all )and its NOT about that we r ASHAMED OF PAKISTAN
so now i will add... THINK ABOUT IT

There is an Old Chinese saying that goes something like this, ''Be careful what you wish for, it could be true''. Not only is your persistent ''Ashamed to be a Pakistani'' name there a constant reminder of how people like you give our country a bad name but is a constant reminder, a continuous pricking on my skin, every time open the forum I winch to just the words Pakistani and ashamed together.

Lion King, about Nawaza Sheriff, do you think he enjoys more in Saudi, marooned on the ''dictator avenue'' along with the likes of Eidi amin (or his ghost now) matooned in a desert palace away from home, not being the prime minister, or an opposition leader, not being able to see the place he grew up in ? think again,.. For Nawaz Sheriff it was easy enough to scoot to Mecca or Medina when he was in Pakistan, doesn't make much of a difference there.. so WRONG COMPARISON, there

and yea btw, I think its no longer difficult to go to Saudi to Mecca and Medina for a Pakistani

Palestenians,.. huh,, let me tell you I have spent time in, lived in Dubai, Pakistan and the UK (in that order) been to Saudi Arabia, Oman etc. So when I speak about a Palestenian I speak from personal experience. I hope you get the opportunity to go down to a refugee camp in South Lebenon and come out un scathed ! and see how those people live, and to think about what a blessing it is to have a country of your own.

Read my lips buddy... I am not in denial, all I say give your country a little bit respect and never be ashamed of being a PAKISTANI,. that is one thing you will never be able to change no matter what.

TO PROVE IT TO YOU, I AM OPENING ANOTHER THREAD , ''PROUD TO BE A PAKISTANI'' and invite all to post on to that thread, just to prove my point, tell you what buddy, even if I am alone there I don't mind....

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2396

- ehson - 06-17-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Anusha</i>
<br />Why we ppl r now being ashamed as pakistani, coz we r not serving our state well.Pakistan has given us many things.It is great land.Our identity.Change the topic plz. It should be like that

I am ashamed of being a Muslim.
This is the magor fact. We r not following the rules given and shown by our ALLAHA. Thats why ,i think u r going to be ashamed as Pakistani.
Follow the teachings of Islam. Be honest with ur country and ur duties .Then u shouldnt be ashmaed of anything.
Pakistan has given us everything .U should be ashamed of urself as a person.

Anusha Rafique

I think you missed what is being discussed in this thread and why it is subject as it is subjected. Kindly go throught the thread before making comments )

- Anusha - 06-18-2005

I think i havent missed anything. So kindly keep this infoormation to urself.I dont need this.

Anusha Rafique

- Desert Sleet - 06-18-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Anusha</i>
<br />I think i havent missed anything. So kindly keep this infoormation to urself.I dont need this.

Anusha Rafique
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">If you're disagreeing with something, it might be better to say exactly what you're disagreeing with and why. If you're just making fun, I'll send you a picture and give you something funny to make fun of.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>The Only True Wisdom Is In Knowing You Know Nothing </b> <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">