Accountancy Forum
New Member - Planning on doing ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: New Member - Planning on doing ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=2025)

New Member - Planning on doing ACCA - meerza - 05-20-2005

<font size="2"><font color="red">salam alikom

hi everybody , i am a new member from oman , and i hope the you will accept me .

Actullay i gonna start doing my ACCA in july inshallah . during me diploma courses in account i discussed with me teacher whether i can qulaified with ACCA or not . 80% of the teacher saied that its difficult and you cannot get it and the remainig saied that you can do it . but i say its my dream and to achieve it i have to win the difficuly . Before i was looking for any person who can help to get more information a bout this qualification but i didnt found the right person who can guide me so i am lucky to know a bout this website .

as i mentioned b4 that i will start in july ,,and i have to start from the begining thats mean from part one and i planned to take two - two subjects each semester and i planeed to start with 1.1 and 1.2 . Maybe somebody will ask me why you are taking only 2 subjects per semester not more ? the answer is coz i am working and at the same time i want to study ACCA . so its difficult for me to take more than 2 subjects .

now i working in a bank and as fast as possibe i want to shift and work in a audit firm to get more experience and shift quickly i have one idea i want to dicusse it with you .

the idea is that i will start with 1.2 and 1.1 in the first semester and in the second semester i will take 2.4 and 1.3 and in the third seme i will take 2.5 and 2.1.

because with this way i can build a goob knowledge in management accounting and financial accounting by finishing 1.2 2.4 1.1 2.5 .

is it working or not ? i waiting your answer .

and if you have any othre way pls post to discuss it among the member .

thanx </font id="red"> </font id="size2">

My Dream Is ACCA

- Pracs - 05-20-2005

Welcome to the forum meerza,.. though it would have been more appropriate to introduce yourself in the ''General'' folder,, anyways doesn't matter all that.

Like to welcome you to the group. I am an ACCA memeber myself. Aim high, work hard towards it and you will achieve it. There are more than 100,000 ACCA members, if a 100,000 people can pass this exam, so can you. I am not all that familiar with the new subject codes, so can't comment on the combination you are suggesting,. but take it as you are comfortable with them. Once you have passed the initial papers you will have gained the understanding and the confidence to go ahead with other papers and then you can go ahead and attempt more than 2 papers at a time too.

Good luck with your studies !

- muhammad awais - 05-20-2005

wellcome

- Desert Sleet - 05-21-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by meerza</i>
<br /><font size="2"><font color="red">salam alikom
the idea is that i will start with 1.2 and 1.1 in the first semester and in the second semester i will take 2.4 and 1.3 and in the third seme i will take 2.5 and 2.1.
</font id="red"> </font id="size2">

My Dream Is ACCA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Sorry to say this but you have to follow a fixed pattern of papers, which cant be broken until you fail in one of them, with maximum of 4 papers per sitting. so after 1.1 and 1.2 you <b>can not</b> attempt 2.4. the only papers you can attempt are, 1.3 2.1 2.2 2.3. As you are already working in Bank, then your previous degree may also enable you to get exemptions in some of the papers of ACCA. Best of luck and neverthless Welcome To The Forum.

- muhammad awais - 05-21-2005

desert is right

- bahri - 05-24-2005

Hi every one, i am a new member from Oman. Thanks to the forum, this gives greater communication between all of us.

Currently i am in London, I have done ''CAT'' and completed it last year in June 2004. Thereafter i was exempt from Part one ACCA, and i started part two immediately, i done papers 2.1 & 2.2 in Dec 2004, and both papers went successfull, now i am doing papers 2.3 & 2.4 for June 2005 exams,and hopefully if i pass them, i will then do papers 2.5 & 2.6 in DEC 2005 exams.

Dear meerza, i am not sure the way u have planned for doing your papers, but what i know is that, all papers in ACCA must be taken in sequence 1.1,1.2,1.3 then 2.1,2.2,2.3 and so on, so it is not posibble to take papers 2.4 & 1.3 at one semister sitting, the reason is that you can only attend 4 papers in one sitting, so if for example you will do papers 1.1 & 1.2 and pass them, you will then have four papers following 1.1 & 1.2, and those papers are 1.3,2.1,2.2,&2.3, those are the papers u will be able to do in the next sitting.

your choices of which exam papers you will be able to attend will be showen in your ACCA exam result paper sent by ACCA after each semister exam sitting.

I completely agree with you for taking two papers each semister, taking more than two is a risk of failing more than one paper.

If you need any further help, don't hesitate to contact me on my private email yssbahry@hotmail.com

Best of Luck!

Yousuf Al Bahri

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by meerza</i>
<br /><font size="2"><font color="red">salam alikom

hi everybody , i am a new member from oman , and i hope the you will accept me .

Actullay i gonna start doing my ACCA in july inshallah . during me diploma courses in account i discussed with me teacher whether i can qulaified with ACCA or not . 80% of the teacher saied that its difficult and you cannot get it and the remainig saied that you can do it . but i say its my dream and to achieve it i have to win the difficuly . Before i was looking for any person who can help to get more information a bout this qualification but i didnt found the right person who can guide me so i am lucky to know a bout this website .

as i mentioned b4 that i will start in july ,,and i have to start from the begining thats mean from part one and i planned to take two - two subjects each semester and i planeed to start with 1.1 and 1.2 . Maybe somebody will ask me why you are taking only 2 subjects per semester not more ? the answer is coz i am working and at the same time i want to study ACCA . so its difficult for me to take more than 2 subjects .

now i working in a bank and as fast as possibe i want to shift and work in a audit firm to get more experience and shift quickly i have one idea i want to dicusse it with you .

because with this way i can build a goob knowledge in management accounting and financial accounting by finishing 1.2 2.4 1.1 2.5 .

is it working or not ? i waiting your answer .

and if you have any othre way pls post to discuss it among the member .

thanx </font id="red"> </font id="size2">

My Dream Is ACCA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yusuf Bahri