Accountancy Forum
Actuarial Sciences - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Actuarial Sciences (/showthread.php?tid=2030)

Actuarial Sciences - Ayesha - 05-21-2005

AOA all members,

Kindly guide me how to become an actuary.

All respected members please guide me. I am doing C.A from a reputable firm in Pakistan.

Cares

- muhammad awais - 05-21-2005

by applying for job in some insurance Company.[D]

- derivativetrader - 05-21-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ayesha</i>
<br />AOA all members,

All respected members please guide me. I am doing C.A from a reputable firm in Pakistan.

Cares
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Since you are working with a reputed firm of chartered accountants so why do you want to change your profession?

- derivativetrader - 05-21-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Alot has been said on this in the past so please search this forum and you will get material insight. Feel free for specific questions.

DT

- muhammad awais - 05-23-2005

hi nad bye

- muhammad awais - 05-23-2005

what is the difference between them?

- Ayesha - 06-10-2005

AOA

I thank all those who gave me suggestions in this topic.

I wish to complete C.A and then go for actuarial sciences as well. I think that it will help me grow in the profession.

Why do i have to work in an insurance compnay. I believe that from religious point insurance is not halaal so i intend not to join any thing which is not permitted by religion, though i do have great deal of knowledge in it.

I still wait for the reply to my question that is

1 - which website will help me?
2 - Is there any institue which offers Masters in Actaurail sciences in Pakistan?
3 - Will anyone help me regarding the course outline?
4 - Will it help me in my professional growth?
5 - How many actuaries are currently working in Pakistan?

Kind reagrds.

- derivativetrader - 06-10-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ayesha</i>
<br />AOA

I thank all those who gave me suggestions in this topic.

I wish to complete C.A and then go for actuarial sciences as well. I think that it will help me grow in the profession.

Why do i have to work in an insurance compnay. I believe that from religious point insurance is not halaal so i intend not to join any thing which is not permitted by religion, though i do have great deal of knowledge in it.

I still wait for the reply to my question that is

1 - which website will help me?
2 - Is there any institue which offers Masters in Actaurail sciences in Pakistan?
3 - Will anyone help me regarding the course outline?
4 - Will it help me in my professional growth?
5 - How many actuaries are currently working in Pakistan?

Kind reagrds.

CA and Actuarial profession are two totally different fields and I think there would be absolute minimum overlapping there. I also think you would waste your time doing them both and you may certainly be much better off focusing on any one of them and try to qualify with minimum time from a good reputed firm.

Although you don’t have to qualify as an actuary from an insurance company, it would be inevitable to get involved in non-halal aspect during your training or work itself. In my view the only way you would keep yourself distant if you decide not to study or practice.

Websites that may help are www.actuaries.org.uk and www.soa.org

In Pakistan there is only one programme that is offered by the Karachi University and that is too at undergraduate level and at present doesn’t offer any exemptions from any of the professional actuarial body.

Course outline can be downloaded from any of the above two websites.

I think I have already answered your next question.

I think there are around 20-25 qualified actuaries in Pakistan but I don’t expect a great many demand in near future.

Please don’t hesitate to ask further specific question.

DT

- adnan25 - 06-11-2005

Miss Ayesha if u use orkut.com join my community called actuarial science in pakistan, if u dont ask a friend to send u an invitation, or u can give me ur e-mail i can send u an invitation, the members in my community can answer your questions.

adnan

- insaan - 06-11-2005

asalam o alaikum
itz gr8 2 go 4 better
if u wanna do act sc i would appreciate that even when u r completing ur CA
what i know is that having both the degrees would boost up ur demand
i have heard from my friend about a man who has done both CA and actuarial science(he is remarkable ,,he did his Act Sc in just 2.5 yrs.. a record time i would say)is currently earning millions per month.
if u wanna follow her go a step faster..keep it up..
and if u really have a lots of grey matter in ur mind then go 4 it..dont give it a 2nd thoght..
i think our commerce minister also has both the degrees
itz gr8 if u wanna become commerce minister
BUt just dont think about universities,,if u wanna do and u r really determined ..i can help u in this regard then do reply so
on the other hand dont lose heart actuaries r always in demand and atleast the same 4 next 10 yrs..
now if u stand on halal haram dif muftis hav dif opinions but remember there r insurance companies who r working w/o interest feature so u can get there
by the end i would say just buy the book ,,sit around the wall and give the exam..if u succeed beleive me u r 2 become a hero
ALLAH HAFIZ

- insaan - 06-11-2005

asalam o alaikum
itz gr8 2 go 4 better
if u wanna do act sc i would appreciate that even when u r completing ur CA
what i know is that having both the degrees would boost up ur demand
i have heard from my friend about a man who has done both CA and actuarial science(he is remarkable ,,he did his Act Sc in just 2.5 yrs.. a record time i would say)is currently earning millions per month.
if u wanna follow her go a step faster..keep it up..
and if u really have a lots of grey matter in ur mind then go 4 it..dont give it a 2nd thoght..
i think our commerce minister also has both the degrees
itz gr8 if u wanna become commerce minister
BUt just dont think about universities,,if u wanna do and u r really determined ..i can help u in this regard then do reply so
on the other hand dont lose heart actuaries r always in demand and atleast the same 4 next 10 yrs..
now if u stand on halal haram dif muftis hav dif opinions but remember there r insurance companies who r working w/o interest feature so u can get there
by the end i would say just buy the book ,,sit around the wall and give the exam..if u succeed beleive me u r 2 become a hero
ALLAH HAFIZ