Accountancy Forum
Proud to be a Pakistani ! - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Proud to be a Pakistani ! (/showthread.php?tid=2131)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- naam_thegreat - 07-11-2005

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

~O~N~E~

- Pracs - 07-11-2005

Let me get back to you on this ehson, I am going out of the country for around a week. So until then adious

- ehson - 07-11-2005

okay! lookin forward to your return. And have a nice trip.

- taabi - 07-12-2005

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD, East of West Pakistan is the Best. I am PROUD TO BE PAKISTANI, I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND I ALWAY PRAY THAT ONEDAY THERE WILL BE A DAY OF OURS ONLY TRUE LOVING PATRIOT PAKISTANIES......
EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY AND SIMILARLY THESE DOGS WHO HAVE EATEN PAKISTAN, AND STILL EATING THEY WILL HAVE THEIR DAY SOON OR LATER BUT PAKISTAN WILL BE ALWAYS THERE BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH AND THOSE GOOD PEOPLE WHO ARE ALWAYS PRAYING FOR PAKISTAN AND PAKISTANIES.

Where there is a will there is a way

- nice - 07-15-2005

What do u think about recent telecom disaster, the basic infrastructure of communication collapsed and restored only after 10 days. ? Why being proud of Nuclear power ... why not ashamed on bigger rift between rich and poors. Being a proud of own country is not bad thing...but we must criticize the flaw in our system. Its a fact we can't compare ourselves with other asian neighbour countries in respect of growth. We can be proud on only nuclear power...its not a good thing. Sometimes these weapons can harm to us...USSR faced earlier.

You can say anyting how other countries achieving their goal, but Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar.

In this discussion thread we are directly comparing ourselves with India. As i saw some figures regarding muslim community in India. Friend, do u know right who is President of India...Md. Abdul Kalam Azad, also called father of nuclear science in India. As we can see many Muslims are on higher and respectable positions. In sports, Md. Azharruddin, Nawab Mansoor Ali khan Pataudi... were captain of India. Now a days, their strike fast bowler is Zaheer Khan. In every field they are doing well, how can u say Muslims are being opressed in India. If u r telling about Gujrat incident...such type of incident every where happens. In our country we also fought. How u forget the Godhra incident? All over the world such type of painful situation happens. As a common man, we know all such type of incident happened due to some anti-social elements.

We must think about our nation, where we are wrong and how we should improve ourselves. Abusing to other is too easy...but improving ourselves is too difficult. We should learn good things from others also. Now time has come to think braodly and also should learn good things from others.

Its the time to think positive and move ahead.

Nice )

- ehson - 08-01-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nice</i>
<br />What do u think about recent telecom disaster, the basic infrastructure of communication collapsed and restored only after 10 days. ?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">This is a very interesting point. I mean we suffered huge economic lose due to the problem in the fiber optic line which connects us to the world. All our call centeres were closed. I mean as a country we do not ever have a back up plan. We should seriously ponder about this and ask ourselves cant we be able enought to handle such problems ourselves when we have all the man power and the intellect and everything.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nice</i>
<br />...Md. Abdul Kalam Azad, also called father of nuclear science in India. As we can see many Muslims are on higher and respectable positions. In sports, Md. Azharruddin, Nawab Mansoor Ali khan Pataudi... were captain of India. Now a days, their strike fast bowler is Zaheer Khan. In every field they are doing well, how can u say Muslims are being opressed in India.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> I'd not agree with you on this point and I have a reson to believe that Muslims are not treated equally. But this raises a big question? Are all the Pakistanis treated equally? I've seen the Panjabis favouring Panjabis, Pakhtoons favouring Pakhtoons, Shiaites favouring Shiaties and Sunites favouring Sunites. I would say we are in worse sitation.

<br />Its the time to think positive and move ahead.

Nice )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thankyou for your valuable contribution.

- sumaaan - 08-01-2005

<br />
We must think about our nation, where we are wrong and how we should improve ourselves. Abusing to other is too easy...but improving ourselves is too difficult. We should learn good things from others also. Now time has come to think braodly and also should learn good things from others.

Its the time to think positive and move ahead.

Nice )

Agreed.

- naam_thegreat - 08-02-2005

DIS-agree.

~O~N~E~

- nice - 08-03-2005

Are u totally disagree ? Can u tell us ur point, after that we can discuss.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by naam_thegreat</i>
<br />DIS-agree.

~O~N~E~

- Pracs - 08-29-2005

http//www.gulfnews.com/Articles/FeaturesNF.asp?ArticleID=179052

Whiz kid

By Sudeshna Ghosh, Staff Reporter
Meet one of the world’s youngest Microsoft Certified Professionals.

Asghar Khan/Gulf News

This 10-year-old feels as comfortable fooling around with her 4-year-old brother as she does among adults professionals

Becoming a Microsoft Certified Professional is no mean feat. And if you do it at the tender age of 10 it is even more commendable.

Little Arfa Karim holds the distinction of being one the world’s youngest known Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP).

Pakistani pre-teen Arfa’s self-assured demeanour and mature, confident answers betray her special status as a recognised over-achiever.

However, little flashes of childishness in her behaviour serve as a reminder of who she really is deep down — an innocent 10-year-old who is equally comfortable fooling around with her 4-year-old brother, and holding her own among qualified adults at seminars and conferences.

Asghar Khan/Gulf News
Her rollercoaster ride to fame started when she passed the online Microsoft Certified Professional test in application development using the C# (pronounced C-sharp) language with 70 per cent marks last November, and the high point was meeting Bill Gates last month.

This exceptionally gifted child from Faisalabad, Pakistan, is not only a whiz-kid on the computer, rattling off computer jargon (as good as Greek to this technologically challenged writer), but also an accomplished singer and budding poetess.

She was in Dubai at the invitation of IT professionals in UAE, a professional group under the wing of the Pakistan Association. Excerpts from an interview

How does it feel to be one of the youngest Microsoft Certified Professional in the world?

It feels great. I didn’t even know it would be such a big thing. But I always feel happy when I accomplish something and I felt very happy about this.

- ibrishah - 08-29-2005

IBRI stands for
I=Independent
B= Brotherly
R= Religion bounded
I= Incredible Pakistan

I Looooooooooooooove Pakistan

Ibri

- Pracs - 08-30-2005

[b] Pakistan's first car[b]

Feroze Khan believes his future was already determined when his homeless mother gave birth to him on a car porch. More than half a century later, he has launched Pakistan's first home-grown automobile.It's been a long road for the boy from a poor Karachi neighbourhood whose life-long fascination with engines, gears and wheels has just driven his native country into the exclusive club of nations designing and producing cars."Every nation in the world has taken a lot of pride in making cars, and I wanted to contribute it to my country," says a proud Khan, whose Adam Motor Company has just rolled out his pride and joy -- the Revo.The compact, five-door 800cc model has made a splash on the roads of Karachi in recent weeks. The snub-nosed model costs 270,000 rupees (about 4,500 dollars), some 30 to 40 percent cheaper than entry-level rivals.The company has orders for 400 cars on its books and plans to manufacture 5,000 units this year, taking 2.5 percent of market share."Everyone has liked the way the car looks," Khan says. "Everyone has liked the engine sound, and the ride is more comfortable than the competitors'."The clients' response is good since it is the first Pakistani car."Khan, 56, is undaunted by the competition he faces from global auto giants from Japan, South Korea, Europe and the United States and says that perseverance pays off."It's a marathon," he explains. "I am not running a 100-metre race."Growing up in Aamil Colony, a poor and rough Karachi neighbourhood, Khan learnt to dream big early.By his early twenties he was a graduate engineer, going on to build a major car parts company that supplies the Daihatsu, Toyota, Honda and Suzuki brands."I started on the Revo project seven years ago," Khan says, "four years for preparations of technology, and three years to work actively on the car."In April, Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz visited the Revo's roll-out ceremony in Karachi."This is a red-letter day in the history of our manufacturing sector," the premier told the assembled guests. "With this, Pakistan has joined the club of 16 countries having the capability of designing an original car."Like a proud father, Khan praises the virtues of the little Revo -- a car born and bred in Pakistan with the not so well maintained roads and hot climate of the South Asian country in mind."We have a sounder suspension, we have designed the radiator bigger with a cooling system, and we are very confident of its road performance," said Khan. "But still our team is working day and night to make it even better."He acknowledges that the car may not yet have the long-refined reliability of its Pakistani-assembled but foreign-designed rivals such as Japanese market-leader Suzuki, Daihatsu and South Korea's Hyundai."I am sure that the car is very reliable. I have made sure that we have not cut any corner on the quality. It may not be 100 percent Japanese (standard) ... but functionally it will be a wonderful car."With a top speed of 150 kilometres (93 miles) per hour and the option to run on natural gas, the Revo can claim both reasonable performance and economy.The car has been launched into a booming market, where foreign car plants have stepped up production to meet growing demand fuelled by Pakistan's eight-per-cent annual economic growth and the advent of cheap car loans.Khan is confident his tiny newcomer can squeeze into a gap in the market, based on its budget price and what he says is the Revo's advantage on strength and space designed specifically with the needs of Pakistani families in mind.The car's handling and ride are firmer and more stable than its competitors, he says.Pakistan has seen an annual 46 percent growth in car production over the past three years but there is still a gap in supply of 20,000 to 25,000 cars, Khan says.Still, not everyone is excited. Critics have grumbled that the Revo has foreign components, including a Chinese-made engine and transmission. But that is about to change now that Pakistan's Millat Tractor has agreed to build the Revo's transmission, Khan says."And in September we will start setting up an engine assembling plant next to our present plant," he boasts. "By 2007, we will have this engine being manufactured here in Pakistan."

http//pakistanidefenceforum.com/index.php?showtopic=47682

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- ibrishah - 08-30-2005

from u get this Information.

Ibri

- Pracs - 08-31-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ibrishah</i>
<br />from u get this Information.

Ibri

Kid spend a couple of more seconds and make some sense with inherently logically strings of words,.. called sentences.

- Pracs - 09-05-2005

http//pakistanidefenceforum.com/index.php?showtopic=48497

<b>At 58, Pakistan shining like never before</b>

Of the 184 member countries of the IMF, Pakistan's rate of economic growth is second only to China.

The rate of growth in our Large Scale Manufacturing (LSM) is at a 30-year high. Construction activity is at a 17-year high.

Tax receipts are the highest they have ever been. Consumption of electricity and the production of cement are both at a record high. Insurance premiums are at a record high, and at the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) Pakistanis are registering new companies at a rate that they have never done before.

Just what does it all mean? It means that more Pakistanis now own their own homes than ever before. It means that more Pakistanis now own cars than ever before. It also means that more Pakistanis now own motorcycles than ever before. This all simply means that Pakistan is richer now than ever before.

It's true that rich Pakistanis are getting richer but an average Pakistani is also doing better today than ever before. If owning a car is the definition of being "rich" then here is the raw data In 1999, Pakistanis could only afford to buy a total of 32,461 locally assembled cars. The latest annual figure stands at 115,000. Currently, there are 1.3 million cars on Pakistani roads as opposed to 815,000 cars some five years ago; a 60 percent jump in car ownership.

It's true that the "trickle-down-affect" of the massive new wealth being generated is yet to make any meaningful dent in overall poverty. But, if "leaving poverty behind" means owning a motorcycle then here is the raw data In 1999, a total of 94,881 new motorcycles were sold in Pakistan. In 2005, Pakistanis are going to buy -- or lease -- some 500,000 new motorcycles. What that means is that a half million Pakistanis have "left poverty behind".

Look at mobile telephony, for instance. Over the past five years the number of Pakistanis owning mobile phones has gone up from 306,000 to 10.4 million (as of April 2005). W00T.GIF W00T.GIF W00T.GIF Etisalat, UAE's telecom giant, is depositing a colossal $2.59 billion into our treasury for a 26 percent in PTCL. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) is getting $291 million each from Telenor, Warid, Paktel and Mobilink.

The last time I looked at the figure, Pakistan's private sector had borrowed a wholesome Rs325 billion -- a historical record in itself.

Pakistan's private sector is borrowing to buy industrial machinery, import capital goods, finance automobiles, buy motorcycles, tractors, buy houses, get advance salaries, undertake renovations, buy televisions, computers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, refrigerators, deep freezers, DVD players and vacuum cleaners. At 58, Pakistan is shinning like never before.

So, the economy is robust and Pakistanis are richer now than ever before but what about democracy?

To begin with, democracy is not a predefined destination of some sort.

To be certain, democracy is an ongoing process whereby, over the passage of time, every sovereign entity becomes either less or more democratic. Isn't the real essence of democracy to increase the standard of living of the masses?

Consider the Local Government Election 2005, for instance. It's true that power in Pakistan remains highly centralised but grass-root democracy is doing at least some of the things that democracy is meant to be doing.

It's true that we don't have enough schools and that we don't have enough health clinics. But, where there are public schools teachers don't show up to teach and where there are public health clinics doctors don't show up to treat.

On August 23, The New York Times ran "Local politics in Pakistan offers hope for democracy".

Qaim Din Khan is up for re-election for the coveted post of nazim. In his previous tenure, Qaim Din was given the equivalent of $3,500 in development funds.

Qaim Din had three choices One, enrich private pockets with public funds. Two, use the funds to buy patronage. Three, spend the money in order to improve the delivery of public services to his constituents.

Qaim Din spent the development funds on paving 40 streets in his area and installed 10 new transformers. Qaim Din faces three challengers all of whom are promising to pave even more streets and install even more transformers. Electoral accountability seems hard at work.

The Times concludes that "pressured by nazims, government doctors and teachers are now more likely to be at their posts. Drugs are also available more often in public health clinics."

Our economy is shinning, democracy is not. We need to sustain the economic growth for at least another decade while, at the same time, working even harder on the democracy part.

<b>Source Jang / The News</b>

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311