Accountancy Forum
Need Advice - Should i do CMA? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Need Advice - Should i do CMA? (/showthread.php?tid=2165)

Need Advice - Should i do CMA? - Koolestboy - 06-25-2005

i have given exams of 2nd year Intermediate .. now confuse what to do next, i am interested in commerce side .. becuase i am also doing job as a Assistant accountant .. they are like teaching me and take their work ..

I am thinking of doing ICMA , is this possible to join ICMA after 2nd year .. one of my frd told me that it is possible but then u have to study all subjects means without exemption ..

But Is this possible to Clear ICMA , as i am doing a job of 9 to 5
i am not interested in CA , i know CA is best , but it will take a lot of time ..
Please Advice me what to do .. and do comment more about ICMA ..
and please let me that is there any need to join some tutor or coaching center for ICMA , because you know college's condition are not good with point of view of studying ..

and what about JOB chances in ICMA ?
and please let me know that how much time BCOM will take .. i mean i have listened that fron this year BCOM will take 3 or 4 years in first attempt . is it true ?

AamiR..

- ausmanpk2001 - 06-26-2005

Dear Aamir.

Graduation is must for ICMA.
BCom will only take 2 years and it is accepted by ICMAP as graduate qualification. U can also try CIMA. Its equivalent to ICMA & gives full exemption of ICMA.
CIMA takes 2.5 years to pass & u will get ICMAP membership also.
Is there is any confusion, u can contact me.

Usman Arshad

- Shahbaz - 06-26-2005

Assalam O Alekum,
Bro .. the best way to find out about ICMA is either u go to ICMAP urself or visit their website which have all the answers to the queries u've asked 4 .. their website is http//www.icmap.com.pk ... thank u )...

Beleive Da Hype !!!

- Koolestboy - 06-26-2005

ThanX for the Info ..
but one of my friend told me that they also accept intermediate but then u have to study more subjects .. like in FOundation 1 there is 2 subjects , but u have to study four ( additionals are Accounts and Economics)
i dont know about F2 and others ...
anywayz .. if you are right then i have to surve atleast 5.5 or 6 years more .. then why not MBA ... which one will be the best

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />Dear Aamir.

Graduation is must for ICMA.
BCom will only take 2 years and it is accepted by ICMAP as graduate qualification. U can also try CIMA. Its equivalent to ICMA & gives full exemption of ICMA.
CIMA takes 2.5 years to pass & u will get ICMAP membership also.
Is there is any confusion, u can contact me.

Usman Arshad
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AamiR..

- Koolestboy - 06-27-2005

and what abut CA... can i join it directly without graduation

AamiR..

- scorpion - 07-04-2005

you can get admission in CA after inter but you have to clear CAT first but if you believe me dont go from this way as i have seen so many cases tat people stuck in CA and they remain only inter

- fahim_badshah - 07-06-2005

salam friends
i live in karachi my friends told me that now a days cima is going very valuable i going to tabanis and al-hamd academy for information about cima both of them tell me that cima had goes at a very good line they have only 14 papers and when u r cleared all of these papers u ger easily taken jobs vacancy with 3 lacs or 4 lacs
in pakistan cima is equal to = ICMA
in UK cima is equal to = ACMA

plz tell me that this is easy or hard can i do this i taken exams of inter (12) with the group of Commerce (iCom) and i taken in first year 72% now i m good in studies but tell me ur advice can i do this and the jobs of 4 lacs or 3 lacs is true or false ?

- fahim_badshah - 07-06-2005

Friends i m waiting for ur reply
plz brothers guide me
its about future career
and i dont want to make a bad decision
plz guide me about the cima that this is easy or hard and this is true that i can easily get vacancy with 3 or 4 lacs in pakistan
ok bro
i m waiting for ur reply
bye

- Shahbaz - 07-07-2005

AoA fahim_badshah,
As they say above, go 4 CIMA(UK). n after that u can get full exemption from ICMAP..n after that u can continue ur CA if u want to ).. m in my opinion its the best choice for a person who wants to stay here n make a good career. thanks )

Beleive Da Hype !!!

- fahim_badshah - 07-09-2005

I m ready and now i m starting Cima And i insha-allah believe that i know its very difficult but i gave him whole day and when i finish them i m one of the lucky man in pakistan
thnx shahbaz for gave me some wonderful ideas if u want to be more
my email id is fahim_badshah@hotmail.com
tc,bye

- fahim_badshah - 07-09-2005

friends may i know the best institute in karachi
tell me which is the best institure for cima
1,Tabanis 2,Camps 3,Al-Hamd 4,CSS