Accountancy Forum
i want to know abt other courses after doing acca - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: i want to know abt other courses after doing acca (/showthread.php?tid=2167)

i want to know abt other courses after doing acca - zeba - 06-25-2005

AOA....as i told u earlier that im a beginner so i don't knew much abt ACCA.but after reading the forum i got a lot of info abt ACCA n alot of other new terms passed through my eyes too.All the people here are soo nice and cooperative.GOD BLESS U ALL.

Now comming to the point,as i have told u earlier that while going through the forum i read a lot of new terms...i mean to say new courses.can u tell me what courses we can do after doing our ACCA.n what specific area do they really cover in that duration.n plz i don't get the ABBREVIATIONS.I also want to know what these abreviations really mean.
thx
regards

- zeba - 06-26-2005

i mean like the terms CIMA,CISA,CCSA,CGAP,CFSA,ICAEW ETC.....just for my info....so that when ever i go through such terms i am able to understand them without any confusion.
thx..
regards

- Mahtab - 06-27-2005

AOA
C.Please visit
http//www.icaew.co.uk/librarylinks/index.cfm?AUB=TB2I_7262
Regards
Mahtab

- Mahtab - 06-27-2005

AOA
Please visit
http//www.theiia.org/index.cfm?act=content.sitemap
Regards
Mahtab

- zeba - 06-29-2005

ws thx a lot....its a v.informative site.again thx.
regards

- turithegreat - 07-03-2005

you can do MBA OR CA after ACCA

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>

- Mahtab - 08-16-2005

AOA

turithegreat

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>you can do MBA OR CA after ACCA <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Why MBA after ACCA?

Mahtab

- Zain Ul Abideen - 08-17-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mahtab</i>
<br />
Why MBA after ACCA?

Mahtab
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Some MBA programs can lead to more earnings and more recognition; if you get admission in such program then go for MBA, why not?

- sajjad_dar2000 - 08-17-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zain Ul Abideen</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mahtab</i>
<br />
Why MBA after ACCA?

Mahtab

Some MBA programs can lead to more earnings and more recognition; if you get admission in such program then go for MBA, why not?

Agreed…MBA is a kind of free degree after the ACCA. Free? Yes LCA started a new programme ‘ACCA+MBA finance combine study programme’. In this study programme you have to opt in MBA when you are in ACCA core papers, by following above programme you can have ACCA qualification as well as MBA (same time)…

So why not take free degree? In Urdu there is a famous adage on free, which is following;-

Somewhere people were selling free alcohol and a Mulaan (molvee) reached there. When molvee sab saw gathering of so much people he asked to them what this bustle (rush) for? He was told that free alcohol is being served. When mr molvee heard this he ran to take the glass to have some free wine. But unfortunately he couldn’t find any glass. Then quickly molvee sab took off his shoe (actually khoosa) and ran toward the man who was selling free alcohol, molve saab said to the man can you give me some free alcohol in my shoes.

Jubb molvi saab ko free sharab k leyeh glass nahi mila to khoosa mai shaarab lai kar pee lee…iss ko kehtay hain k ‘free ki sharaab to molvi nai b nahi choori thi’

haaa haaa haa ha

- Zain Ul Abideen - 08-18-2005

Good joke Sajjad

I heard about an “MSc + ACCA” program; read its course outline, and found that not a single subject is taught else then ACCA. You are right it is 'free degree', should we rush towards it?
I am talking about Uni of Lahore's acca.
How may of us are studying there, all of us want quality of education and reputation of institution, so we preferred SKANS, CAMS etc
Most employers will know from your CV that this MBA or MSc is a ‘free degree’.
If you find a good school with good faculty and reputation then go for combined degree its OK otherwise think twice before decision.

Coming toward the point, after ACCA you can do

1. CA (or ICAEW)
2. CFA
3. MBA
4. CPA

*ICAEW is CA of England (Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and
Wales)*
You must give exams in UK or Malaysia

*CPA is Certified Public Accountant (of USA); you must give exams in USA*

*CFA is Certified Financial Analyst (USA)*

I would prefer CA, and if any other that is CFA

Oxford brooks MBA is quite expensive but I don’t know its worth. This MBA is specially designed for ACCAs, to take them to next level.

I also heard about other degrees (after acca) but I haven’t much info about them

- Mohammad - 08-19-2005

CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) UK
For further assistance about CIMA check out following link
www.cimaglobal.com

Mohammad

- muhammad awais - 08-22-2005

i don't know

- ahmar_k - 08-22-2005

my dear friend this is ahmar . let me correct you about your future plane. first of all you should complete your desire studies and must consontrate on them donott loose your hope.