Accountancy Forum
Regarding CA Functional English Exam - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Regarding CA Functional English Exam (/showthread.php?tid=2173)

Regarding CA Functional English Exam - koonge - 06-26-2005

I was looking at the CA past papers n saw that the functional english paper of MODULE A is really tough.i wanted to know if u have to just remember selected word meanings or antonyms for the paper or u have to go through countless efforts to improve ur vocabulary.if yes , then i`ll get started right new.plzzzz do reply

- ahmed - 06-27-2005

hi.....mr/miss Kongee ......well regarding paper A-1 tht is Functional english ......i wuld advice not to waste ur time on learninng those piles and bundles of vocab section jus go thrugh it and its fi9 wid wat eva u retain cuz 6 mnths are too short for anyone to improve the standard of its english..........and now they hav gone wise and hav stopped givin voacb directly from study text infact they give general vocab ......so i strongly recomend not to waste anytime on learning the crap by rot ...........instead use ur time pracrising essays letters comprehension...............etcccc.....and nt to forget precisee..................hope moi reply is of any good to u ...........
regards

u never know

- maani - 06-27-2005

Hi,
About 30 marks of A1 consists of vocabulary...and "Idioms" are most important to score good marks in vocabulary section...so learn as many Idioms as you can from Study Text(about 250 are given in the study text)...thatz what I did when I passed the exam...Synonyms and Antonyms are also important, learn them from Study text...atleast in this way u r not going to waste your time...

Ace

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-27-2005

If you have sound english background, then a little bit grammatical practice + compositional practice is enough. Otherwise, go through the book PBP CA-Studt Text.
For good English Knowledge.... D.H.Howe (Oxford Press)
Wren & Martin + Key
Only just read one or time the vocabulary, idioms, phrases given in the PBP, because it is impossible to learn them by heart, so don't waste your precious time in rote learning those portions. In exams, it is guarantee that you'll fail to remember even the meaning of one word.

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

- turithegreat - 07-03-2005

for vocabulary learn the words from Dictionary

<b>...........................................

«................ T U R I ................»

...........................................</b>

- iqrar - 12-31-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maani</i>
<br />Hi,
About 30 marks of A1 consists of vocabulary...and "Idioms" are most important to score good marks in vocabulary section...so learn as many Idioms as you can from Study Text(about 250 are given in the study text)...thatz what I did when I passed the exam...Synonyms and Antonyms are also important, learn them from Study text...atleast in this way u r not going to waste your time...

Ace
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

- Pracs - 12-31-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />for vocabulary learn the words from Dictionary

<b>...........................................

«................ T U R I ................»

...........................................</b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Are we not the smart one,. Why didn't we think of that Turi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Failure is a word unknown to me" - M A Jinnah

- noman - 01-01-2006

should do synonym,antonym,from study text....not too difficult to do...vocabulary is ur own.....no use of studying...may also study some idioms,pair of words from study text...

- Motorolo - 01-01-2006

Abay yaar FSC kee English kee preparation kr lay Wink

<b>ACCA Students Website</b> ==> www.accaforums.com
<b>CPA Students Website</b> ==> www.cpaforums.com
<b>Helping Websites</b> ==> www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3134