Accountancy Forum
Some questions regarding CA and ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Some questions regarding CA and ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=2205)

Some questions regarding CA and ACCA - fhm87 - 07-06-2005

Asalamunalaikum everybody!!
I'm a student of F.Sc and waiting for my result. I've strong desire to become a Charted Accountant. This site is very good and helpful. I've read the threads in which ACCAs and CAs supported their qualifications and status through strong arguments. This makes confusion for us (career beginners). ok. Let's come to main point.
Is there any possibility to get both CA and ACCA qualifications(if it is then how long will it take)??
Which CA offering institue is best throughout Pakistan and also overall expenses of such institue(including accomodations,mess etc)??
I've two options
I should do BBA and then ACCA (be 21 yrs old) OR
I should directly do CA after my inter result
What do you suggest??
Can anyone do MBA or master in any discipline after CA??
Hope to hear from you soon with helpful replies.
Take Care.
Allah Hafiz

~FaHiM!!!~

- Pracs - 07-07-2005

I cannot advice you of the cost of the schools and ACCA, I guess it would make more sense to visit the following sites for this

ACCA Web site
www.acca.co.uk

ICAP Web site
www.icap.org.pk

Two of the older accountancy schools in Lahore

http//www.pac.edu.pk/new/

www.skans.edu.pk/about_facu.htm

You can also learn more about the registered schools from the ICAP and ACCA site.

In my personal opinion, the best option for you at this point of time is to go for the following route

CAT, ACCA, CA
(1 + 2.5 + 3years articles = 6.5 YEARS)

If you go by this route you can manage to be a CA and an ACCA in 6.5 years from today. Ofcourse all this requires quite a lot of hard work, time and money as well.

The traditional route to CA would however be
3 years Full time foundation course + 3.5 years articles (includes the professional exams)= 6.5 years. You do save time in this, but you only come out with the CA qualification. Going for another degree like ACCA will need another year.

However, in both cases the time mentioned is if you pass all in first attempt. I am not sure if the Full time foundation course now is for 2 or 3 years

Yes ACCA is equivalent to a UK Masters (equivalance issued by ACCA) and CA is equivalent to a Pakistani Masters (By HEC), So in both cases you can then go for an MBA.

I dont think going for a BBA helps at all in attaining any of these professional qualifications. Neither would a B.com be helpful at all. Hope this helps.

- muqtader - 07-07-2005

i would like to make some rectifications to Pracs response....

CAT + ACCA + CA take about 1+1 and half+3 years= 5 and half years...but one thing which is quite sure that you wont find anyone qualifying CA throuhg this route before 6-7 years..and the cost is really high

CA directly is quite demanding job but financially it doesnt cost u much.. Foundations is of 2 years followed by articles of 3 - 1/2 years... totallying to the same 5 and half years...

Bachelors of any sort wont help u a great deal (pakistani) coz u would find urself at the same place...

Muqtader Abbas Shah

- Ali Akbar - 07-07-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by fhm87</i>
<br />Asalamunalaikum everybody!!
I'm a student of F.Sc and waiting for my result. I've strong desire to become a Charted Accountant. This site is very good and helpful. I've read the threads in which ACCAs and CAs supported their qualifications and status through strong arguments. This makes confusion for us (career beginners). ok. Let's come to main point.
Is there any possibility to get both CA and ACCA qualifications(if it is then how long will it take)??
Which CA offering institue is best throughout Pakistan and also overall expenses of such institue(including accomodations,mess etc)??
I've two options

I should do BBA and then ACCA (be 21 yrs old) OR
I should directly do CA after my inter result
What do you suggest??
Can anyone do MBA or master in any discipline after CA??
Hope to hear from you soon with helpful replies.
Take Care.
Allah Hafiz

~FaHiM!!!~
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AoA

U raised the query that which institute is the best in Pakistan for CA. It all depends upon u, how much u r hradworking! "The higher the monkey jumps, the more it shows its tail"

ICAPians, the unparalleled.

- fhm87 - 07-07-2005

Thanx a lot for your cooperations and help.

~FaHiM!!!~

- Pracs - 07-07-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by muqtader</i>
<br />i would like to make some rectifications to Pracs response....

CAT + ACCA + CA take about 1+1 and half+3 years= 5 and half years...but one thing which is quite sure that you wont find anyone qualifying CA throuhg this route before 6-7 years..and the cost is really high

CA directly is quite demanding job but financially it doesnt cost u much.. Foundations is of 2 years followed by articles of 3 - 1/2 years... totallying to the same 5 and half years...

Bachelors of any sort wont help u a great deal (pakistani) coz u would find urself at the same place...

Muqtader Abbas Shah

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I stand corrected, thanks Muqtader !