Accountancy Forum
CA or ACCA? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA or ACCA? (/showthread.php?tid=2207)

Pages: 1 2

CA or ACCA? - lordomar_02 - 07-07-2005

What is the difference between CA and ACCA? Which is better and more valued in Pakistan? Which is better recognized? can anyone plz guide me? Do i have to take up any specific subjects at A levels, any suggestions?

- zainahmed - 07-07-2005

hi
according to me CA is best in Pakistan and have more value then ACCA and i had done my I.COM and now going for CA but many people said go through ACCA but that is wrong cause ACCA dont have that much VALUE

- lordomar_02 - 07-08-2005

<font size="3"></font id="size3">Thanks sam!!!

- Hammad100 - 07-09-2005

Hi All,
Can any one tell me wats the Difference between ACCA and CIMA? I am MBA and before that i did B.com. which one you will recomend me to improve my qualificatrion.

Hammad Hassan

- Hammad100 - 07-09-2005

B/w CIMA and ACCA which one is better for me to improve my qualification

- asaz_007@yahoo.com - 07-29-2005

Acca and Cima Both are foriegn qualification Acca is Association of certified charterd Accountant while Cima is Certified Institute of management accounts Acca Has just 8 Exemptions in Acma In pakistan but acma is fully exempted to cima qualified so according to my suggestion you should go for cima qualification because it helps you to getting job in pakistan and any where in the world

- asaz_007@yahoo.com - 07-29-2005

Acca and Cima Both are foriegn qualification Acca is Association of certified charterd Accountant while Cima is Certified Institute of management accounts Acca Has just 8 Exemptions in Acma In pakistan but acma is fully exempted to cima qualified so according to my suggestion you should go for cima qualification because it helps you to getting job in pakistan and any where in the world

- turithegreat - 08-11-2005

ACCA is the best because it is recognised in all over the world..........................

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>

- maliks - 09-08-2009

hi i am doing pipfa so plz guide my that i want to do ca.. after pipfa can i do ca easily??waqar malik

- shashan - 09-08-2009

Is there any diference between direct CA after HSC and CA after CAT AND ACCA

- Odyssee - 09-09-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shashan</i>
<br />Is there any diference between direct CA after HSC and CA after CAT AND ACCA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

After HSC, one will have to begin with Module A of CA.
After CAT , one will get no exemption in CA.
After ACCA, one will get exemptions of Module A-D, and will have to attempt Module E & F.

There is no difference in Pakistan between those CA members who are just CAs and those who are ACCA members as well CA members.

- shashan - 09-09-2009

Ok thanks odaysee r u agree to those who do CA after ACCA,mean r u agree they are better than Only CAs icap

- Odyssee - 09-09-2009

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shashan</i>
<br />Ok thanks odaysee r u agree to those who do CA after ACCA,mean r u agree they are better than Only CAs icap

I am myself an ACCA Affiliate who is looking forward to do CA from ICAP.

The following are my motivations for doing CA after ACCA

1. Most of the papers of Module E&F are a repetition of already gained knowledge from ACCA (except for Law and Taxation exams)

2. As a plain ACCA, during 3 years of training; its better to utilize that time studying for an extra qualification

3. Even if you get stuck in Module E or F, you will be sure that you at least already have one globally recognized qualification.

4. 2 qualifications are better than 1.

5. If you are planning a future in Pakistan, then you ought to do CA after ACCA, as its easier to get to the top of an organization as a CA member than as an ACCA member.

- shashan - 09-09-2009

Thanks odysee for quick reply can u tell me where frm u done your acca,and y you prefer ca icap than ca icaew

- shashan - 09-09-2009

<br />Thanks odysee for quick reply can u tell me where frm u done your acca,and y you prefer ca icap than ca icaew
i am asking about your ACCA because i my self is A CAT studnt,can u tell me in karachi which institute and which teachers are best 4 my ACCA foundation