Accountancy Forum
Average salaries of CAs, ACCAs, CMAs? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Average salaries of CAs, ACCAs, CMAs? (/showthread.php?tid=2214)

Pages: 1 2

Average salaries of CAs, ACCAs, CMAs? - fhm87 - 07-08-2005

AoA!!
What are average salaries of CAs , ACCAs, ICMAs ??
Is pakistani CA accepted in foreign lands??
Also i've heard that by clearing CA one also complete some papers of ACCA too. My question is that after completing CA can one have partial or full qualification of ACCA??
ok.Take Care

Allah Hafiz

~FaHiM!!!~

- scorpion - 07-10-2005

you cannt get full exemption
but you are after completing CA will be exempted from five papers
correct me if i am wrong

- sumaaan - 07-10-2005

Average salaries vary greatly from industry, firm/company and country.

CA from ICAP has worldwide recognition but local qualifications are given more preference (eg ICAEW/ACCA in UK ; CPA in USA)

Exemptions are revised from time to time. Don't plan your studies according to current exemptions offered.

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 07-11-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">CA from ICAP has worldwide recognition but local qualifications are given more preference (eg ICAEW/ACCA in UK ; CPA in USA)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

SUMAAAN,

CA ... is just on the grounds of Pakistan & In Middle East .....
Astonished to see that CA from ICAP has global recognition ! isnt it ..?

- sumaaan - 07-11-2005

I know at least two qualified people from ICAP who are working in USA.

By saying it is globally recognized, I never meant it is an 'international' qualification like ACCA.

- Pracs - 07-11-2005

Well yeah when Global companies/firms hire accountants from other countries they would hire some one with the right experience (one of the main factors) and some one with the prime accountancy qualification from that particular country (with a reasonably good track record). I guess Pakistan does fall into the category where CAs from ICAP are respected to the extent that they are accepted as a professional within their right.

We have examples of people working outside of Pakistan and Middle East even in the pre ACCA-CA era. !

- turithegreat - 07-14-2005

you can get exemption from Part-1 and Part-2 of ACCA after C.A,you will must give the Part-3

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>

- sumaaan - 07-15-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by turithegreat</i>
<br />you can get exemption from Part-1 and Part-2 of ACCA after C.A,you will must give the Part-3

<b>...........................................

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«................ T U R I ................»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

...........................................</b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Are you sure?

Have the exemptions changed?

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 07-16-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I know at least two qualified people from ICAP who are working in USA. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What a large quantity Sumaaan ! [)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">By saying it is globally recognized, I never meant it is an 'international' qualification like ACCA.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Could you please explain me the difference between global recognition & international qualification ![)]. Dear, these both words are interdependent, never to be appeared solely.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Are you sure?

Have the exemptions changed?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you are fully CA qualified, you may get exempted ACCA part 1 & 2 both, just have to pass ACCA part 3 stage. See the link below

https//www.acca-business.org/pls/ecommerce/eeepl001.p_submit_search?p_zz=DFCBAGCBGGEDCDIH&p_mo=CHOOSE_QUAL&p_estab_sel=3760&p_course_sel=8575&p_assess_sel=7360&p_outcome_sel=FIN&p_qual_sel=PER

- sumaaan - 07-16-2005

Thank you Mr.Whappaaaa for updating me with the exemptions, although there are different exemptions offered for graduates passing between different dates. An example from the ACCA website

"Students who have achieved the Foundation Examination Certificate by completing FE-1 (old scheme) PLUS modules C & D (new scheme) are also eligible for Part 1 and paper 2.1."

By saying that CA from ICAP is 'globally recognized', I meant that countries over the world recognize it. An example would be, B.Com. It is NOT recognized in UK, USA, etc. as a bachelors degree. However, ICAP as a professional degree is.

An international qualification is one like ACCA, CIMA. Examinations are offered worldwide and not in just one single country like ICAP.

...only if people would realize not to take everything in a literal sense and have a broad spectrum of thinking. *sigh*

- seesamad - 08-05-2005

AOA guys !
Please tell me after completion of ACCA how much exemptions one can obtain in CA ?

Kind Regards
Abdul Samad

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mr. Whappaaaa</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I know at least two qualified people from ICAP who are working in USA. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

What a large quantity Sumaaan ! [)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">By saying it is globally recognized, I never meant it is an 'international' qualification like ACCA.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Could you please explain me the difference between global recognition & international qualification ![)]. Dear, these both words are interdependent, never to be appeared solely.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Are you sure?

Have the exemptions changed?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you are fully CA qualified, you may get exempted ACCA part 1 & 2 both, just have to pass ACCA part 3 stage. See the link below

https//www.acca-business.org/pls/ecommerce/eeepl001.p_submit_search?p_zz=DFCBAGCBGGEDCDIH&p_mo=CHOOSE_QUAL&p_estab_sel=3760&p_course_sel=8575&p_assess_sel=7360&p_outcome_sel=FIN&p_qual_sel=PER

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

www.geocities.com/samadsh

- akifalinaz - 08-06-2005

Part 1 and part 2 of ACCA are exempt for C.As .They will have to take part 3 papers and paper2.5 of part 2.

- qulb_agfa - 08-09-2005

say some thing also about icma

sqa

- mibajwa - 08-09-2005

ICAP is member of IFAC is committed to comply with the Internatioal Education Standards. As such the element of global recognition is there as IFAC is the apex accounting body in the world

miba

- mushi - 03-10-2006

after completion of acca, module a-d of ca are exempted! only module E and F are to pass to be ca qualified!!!!!!!!!!!!!