Accountancy Forum
Help in decision making: ACCA or CIMA with BBA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help in decision making: ACCA or CIMA with BBA (/showthread.php?tid=2254)

Help in decision making: ACCA or CIMA with BBA - contactlookman - 07-21-2005

i've just done my A'levels. now i'm gonna do my bba, a 4 year course. but along with that i want to do ACCA or CIMA. 1st question which is better? ACCA or CIMA? 2nd question how long will it take? 3rd question after doing this, if i want to do CA, will i be exempted from some papers, i.e will the CA take lesser time? and how long will it take then? 4th question after CIMA or ACCA, is CA a better option or MBA? and with these degrees, i.e BBA, CIMA/ACCA, CA/MBA, what sort of job will i end up with?

thanks alot guys
hoping for an informative reply

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 07-21-2005

Look Man,

If your strategy means "the more qualification is, the more salary will be made ! ". I think its not a right decision to obtain everything, every qualification at a certain time period. Dont move on to a long term planning, If you have done A level then ACCA + CA is a good option, though it is tougher but it will secure your Career in all aspects.

If you still need assistance about your query then here it comes

1. ACCA or CIMA ( both are good )
2. Approximately 2 to 3 yrs ( if you are a full time student & atleast an honest to your studies)
3. Exemptions will be granted from Module A to D on both ACCA& CIMA.
4. You have to commit atleast three yrs of articleship & also have to pass Module E & F.
5. Definitely CA is much better option than MBA.
6. About job opportunities after completing CA, .... you may aware on job statistics during your articleship .[)]

- muhammad awais - 07-21-2005

i agree

- heavenspk - 07-21-2005

I also fully support the answer

Kamran Abbas
Riaz Ahmad and company
Chartered Accountants, Islamabad

Kamran Abbas

- contactlookman - 07-22-2005

thanks alot guys for being so helpful. hear are a few more questions
1.i want to do my CIMA while i'm doing my BBA. is that going to be too hectic, or will it be manageable?
2.after that i'd like to do my CA from england. how long will that take, i.e for the CA, after doing CIMA. will the CIMA reduce the CA time?

sorry for being so ignorant. i'm not to sure what these modules are your talking about. any info will be greatly appreciated

thanks again

- sumaaan - 07-22-2005

Doing CIMA with BBA is going to be hectic for sure. And yes if you're in LUMS or IBA, it might be impractical too. I'm not aware of how rigorous studies are in other institutions.

You can do ICAEW in three years after CIMA. Exemptions are on a paper to paper basis.

And yes, if you get an opportunity for post graduate studies from a top university, go for that.

- kamibahi - 07-31-2005

hi sam bahi
i m imran frm jlm .i m waiting for my B.com II easult frm punjab uni .i need ur help about CA,ACCA,CIMA plz tell me about these in detail like their duration ,fee,and slybus
mani_307@yahoo.com