Accountancy Forum
ISSB OF PAF/ NAVY/ ARMY & INITIAL TESTS INFO - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: ISSB OF PAF/ NAVY/ ARMY & INITIAL TESTS INFO (/showthread.php?tid=2267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Saba - 05-12-2006

Hiyaa all!![8D]
Today i've just passes all tests in Pindi ASRC including aptitude verbal and nonverbal test,academic test and personaily test as well for Women computer officer aptain...but still i dont know wots gonna happen tomorrow..they've called me for 'Personality test".....so cud u plz tell be wot it wud be like? im confused,i dont know wot it wud be.....can u plz tell me somfing abt it....i already attempted computer based personailty test, but it was quite simple paper including self related Qs'...but wot wud b tomorrow's persinality test?[?]
Thnx!
Saba[I]

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 05-16-2006

I HAVE ALSO BEEN TAKEN ISSB FOR PAF (BSC AERONAUTICAL ENGG), SO, ALL INFORMATION HERE IS PRACTICALLY EXPERIENCED.

1- Firstly decide your exact defence area/armed forces.
2- On starting of recruitments, register yourself with the related armed forces at any recruitment or I&S Centre by sumitting your documents after being eligible for applying armed forces.

>>>> PAF [BSc. Aeronautical Engg. + General Duty Pilot(GDP)]
1- Preliminary tests at the Information & Selection Centres, including Math, Physics, English & General Knowledge based on Intermediate, Psychological Tests etc.
2- Initial Medical Examination at I&SC.
3- Initial Interview at I&SC.
4- Submission of ISSB Forms at I&SC.
5- ISSB Centres are GUJRANWALA, KARACHI, KOHAT & now QUETTA also.
6- At ISSB, Following tests are usually held.
-----------------------------ISSB------------------------------------
* FIRST DAY --- Initial Tests/Screening Out Tests
FORMS FILLING
Personality Tests (Story Writing, Picture Story writing, sentences completion (urdu & english), your 5 qualities & 5 disqualities, decision options stories etc etc)
Psychological Tests
Aptitude Tests
Picture Story Tests
Essay Writing etc etc.
NOTE After passing all these tests, candidates are eligible for the tests holding on 2nd, 3rd & 4th days. Failing candidates are screened out & come back to their homes. Passing candidates remain there for rest of the days.
--------------------------------------
* SECOND DAY
Group Discussions
Role Plays
Psychological Tests
9 Individual obstacles
Individual Tasks
Half Group Tasks
Group Leader Tasks
----------------------------------------
* THIRD DAY
Plan Tasks
MOCK INTERVIEWS (the most important test of ISSB ever)
Group Planning Tasks
Decision Making Tasks
Strategic Maps Reading Tests
-----------------------------------------
* FORTH DAY/FINAL DAY
REINTERVIEWS (those candidates, whose reinterviews are usually held are 99% being selected by the ISSB. He is almost confirm candidate)
FINAL GROUP TASKS
PROGRESSIVE GROUP TASKS
---------------------------THE END-------------------------------------
After a week or more, ISSB result come to your communication address & inform you that whether the candidate is
RECOMMENDED
OR
NOT RECOMMENDED BY ISSB.

IMPORTANT NOTE - Candidates selection is 90% shown during the interview. ISSB Tests of ARMY & NAVY are almost the same, but be keep it in mind, THE ISSB TESTS FOR THE SELECTION OF PAF CANDIDATES (Aeronautical Engg + GDP) ARE MUCH MORE TOUGH THAN ARMY (PMA, EME etc) & NAVY.
(TOP SECRET --- I WAS NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE ISSB DUE TO SOME HUGE BLUNDERS AND DUE TO SOMETHING NOT GOOD HAPPENED)

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ..........»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 05-16-2006

i'll suggest you to buy book of "DOGAR PUBLISHERS" on PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORCES TESTS (ASRC, PAF I&SC, PNSC etc). DOGAR books are very good books for guidance purposes. they help a lot. OK

- janasheen_m4u - 05-21-2006

hi..
salam every one..
yaar i was Mashallah recommended for Pakistan airforce GD(p) 119 course..and my kit no was 19 in 2005 just few weeks after i gave my hsc 2 exams @ cadet college petaro...
well after ISSB recommendation i was called for Final medical PAf base masroor karachi.there we had a week long test ...
i unfortunately stuck in pressure test..and than was transfered to Air defence branch from Gdp and in futher...listing was given option to koin PMA ..but i didnt went for it..and joined C.A today i mashallah completed my foundation and with out and hurdle i am in module C.
take care
its all the will Of ALlah ..

- janasheen_m4u - 05-21-2006

well the truth is i did only 8 obstacles...although i was from cadet college..and as per my assessment my ISSB was not satisfactory...
and futhermore i was not very anxious to join forces...i gave exams as a routine all cadets of cadet college fill forms...got issb calls for GDP and nust (ATC) i went for GDP and cleared it...
i also told the same to the vice president in a interview that...sir ...i just game..if selected it would be good but if not...than still its fine..
And Mashallah i was selected...
yaar i think its not the ability as per our assesment but its as per their assesment .
i dont recommend anyone to go for any books..
if ur mind setup is what they need ! they will defnately select u..

- khurram_jamal - 06-06-2006

<font color="blue"><b>SALAAM

HOW ARE YOU ALL? HOPE YOU WILL BE IN THE BEST OF HEALTH. ANY ONE PERSON WHO CAN PROVIDE ALL DETAIL OF INITIAL TESTS / ISSB / GHQ[?][?][?] SO WAITING FOR YOUR POST.

IT WILL PROVIDE / GUIDE FOR THE NEW PERSONS TO PREPARE TESTS

THANKS </b> </font id="blue">

- Altaf Hussain - 06-06-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khurram_jamal</i>
<br /><font color="blue"><i><b>Salaam

Hope you all ,ll fine and ,ll be in the best of health. I have to know about the ISSB (Inter Services Selection Board) 's Tests and Interviews which have to under gone to a condidate of SCO's (Senior Commissioned Officers)

The first step i know is that you have to first appear in ASRC Tests (Academic, Intelligence, Personality and medical tests) and Interview.

So let me know what is next at ISSB Centre.

Any one could explain me veryu very soon....i shall be really thankful to him/her.

Regards</b></i></font id="blue">

----------------------------------------------------------------
*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES****

[/quote]

- Altaf Hussain - 06-06-2006

Dear Every body,
My name is Altaf Hussain and I am in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
My son wants to join the Engineering Core of Forces (Army, Air, Navy, no matter). I intend to send him to Lahore during two month's summer vacatin so he can join an institute who teach him how to qualify ISSB. Can anybody tell me which is the best institute in Lahore for learning about ISSB. What is the best time should I send him to Lahore.

Regards,
Altaf

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khurram_jamal</i>
<br /><font color="blue"><i><b>Salaam

Hope you all ,ll fine and ,ll be in the best of health. I have to know about the ISSB (Inter Services Selection Board) 's Tests and Interviews which have to under gone to a condidate of SCO's (Senior Commissioned Officers)

The first step i know is that you have to first appear in ASRC Tests (Academic, Intelligence, Personality and medical tests) and Interview.

So let me know what is next at ISSB Centre.

Any one could explain me veryu very soon....i shall be really thankful to him/her.

Regards</b></i></font id="blue">

----------------------------------------------------------------
*REMEMBER****GOD HELPS THOSE WHO HELPS THEMSELVES****

[/quote]

- nazish - 06-07-2006

hi, ihave applied for CAE aeronautical engineering.i have to report the centre after one week.so reply me soon.
tell me the difference between the issb of girls and boys.
and which type of questions they generally ask.
i have visited ur website(geocities.......)
but tell me more about topics of group disscussion.

- khurram_jamal - 06-10-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nazish</i>
<br />hi, ihave applied for CAE aeronautical engineering.i have to report the centre after one week.so reply me soon.
tell me the difference between the issb of girls and boys.
and which type of questions they generally ask.
i have visited ur website(geocities.......)
but tell me more about topics of group disscussion.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<font color="blue"><i><b>There is no difference between the ISSB of boys and girls. Please confirm all these from any Coaching / Academy of Forces, which are in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Multan, Karachi, Faisalabad. More ever it is best to confirm from ASRC, I & SC , PNSC</b></i></font id="blue">

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-10-2006

Mr. Altaf Hussain!
The Forces Academy, Canal Bank, Lahore Cantt.

(NOTE General Perception is that 'private coaching for ISSB Tests is strictly unwelcomed by ISSB officials')

Anyways, its upto you for your satisfaction.

- khurram_jamal - 06-11-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Muhammad Adnan Arshad</i>
<br />Mr. Altaf Hussain!
The Forces Academy, Canal Bank, Lahore Cantt.

(NOTE General Perception is that 'private coaching for ISSB Tests is strictly unwelcomed by ISSB officials')

Anyways, its upto you for your satisfaction.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<i><b><font color="blue">YE SUB BATEEN UB BAKAR KI HEEN. ISSB MEEN AKSAR WAHI SELECT HOTAY HEEN JIN KI SUFARISH HOTI HAY YA KOI KOI ACHHA PERFORM KARAY. TO ACHHA PERFORM KOON KARTA HAY ?? AKSAR WAHI LARKAY HOTAY HEEN JO FORCES ACEMIES SAY TIARI KAR KAY ATAY HEEN. ISSB WALOON KO KHAK PATTA HOTA HAY IS CHEEZ KA[})]. MEEN DO DAFFA TEST DAY CHUKA HOON OUR MUJAY IS BAT KA EXPERIENCE HOWA HAY[^]</font id="blue"></b></i>

- khurram_jamal - 06-11-2006

<font color="blue"><i><b>SALAAM

AGAIN I REQUEST THAT PLEASE POST HERE ALL THE PROCESS / INFO OF INTIAL TESTS (intelligence, Personality / Academic / Medical etc. ) AND RECOMMENDED BOOKS FOR ITS PREPARATION AND ALSO ABOUT ISSB. SO THATS OTHER NEW COMMERS GOING FOR ARMY / PAF / NAVY MAY GET SOME INFO FROM HERE.

THANKS</b></i></font id="blue">

- khurram_jamal - 06-22-2006

<font color="blue"><i><b>ANY ONE THERE WHO IS MAY REPLY THE ABOVE POST [?]</b></i></font id="blue">

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 06-23-2006

o khurram jamal bhai jaan!
aap khud b tu 2 times not recommend ho gai hain, aap khud he kioon nahi ISSB tests details post ker daitaay....(;-)

aur waisay b koi ISSB details daikhnay k liyaay ACCOUNTANCY FORUM ya phir www.accountancy.com.pk ko thhorrhha he visit karay gaa...jo aa' gay so gay iss forum per ISSB ki details daikhnaay...right...!!!