Accountancy Forum
Kashmir...Part of India OR Pakistan - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Kashmir...Part of India OR Pakistan (/showthread.php?tid=2357)

Pages: 1 2

Kashmir...Part of India OR Pakistan - sajjad_dar2000 - 08-18-2005

Kashmir is part of Pakistan or India? I think it is hard question to answer. If you will ask this question to an Indian he’ll reply ‘India’ and if you would ask same question to Pakistani he would reply ‘Pakistan’.

Let me answer this question with logic,

Little About Kashmir Conflict
India and Pakistan fought three wars between 1947 and 1972, with Kashmir as the main battleground. Ever since, Kashmir has been in pieces, with India and Pakistan occupying most of it, and China a small portion. Both India and Pakistan claim all of it to be rightly theirs.
The conflict traces its roots to 1947, when India and Pakistan were formed from former British colonies in South Asia. Pakistan was formed from the majority Muslim part of British territory, and India from the majority Hindu part.
The state of Jammu-Kashmir, with a majority Muslim population but a Hindu ruler, chose to be part of India in a process that many Muslims--and Pakistan--believed to be illegal. The United Nations has issued resolutions calling for a referendum to decide Kashmir's fate, but India has ignored them. The majority would almost certainly vote for Kashmir to be independent or part of Pakistan.
Almost immediately, India and Pakistan fought their first war over Kashmir. In 1949 and freed 1/3 of Kashmir [called Azad Kashmir], its seems to Indian that Pakistani will take over whole of Kashmir and there is no way to win the war over Kashmir. Then Indian went into UNO and demanded to stop the war then countries signed the Karachi Agreement establishing a ceasefire line--but did not agree to where the final border should be. The ceasefire was supervised by U.N. observers, who have remained in the area from 1949 until the present day.
In 1965, India and Pakistan fought their second war over Kashmir. It only lasted sixteen days, and did not result in any major changes.
In 1971, India and Pakistan fought their third war, this time mainly over Bangladesh, and a new ceasefire line was reached in Kashmir. In July 1972, the two countries signed a new agreement defining a "Line of Control"--a new ceasefire line--in Kashmir. Once again, the countries did not decide a permanent border.
In the 1980s, India rather obviously rigged elections in Kashmir in order to keep its supporters in power. Ongoing corruption, not to mention outright persecution, rape, and other human rights violations, bred increasing discontent among Kashmiri Muslims.

Kashmir Part of India or Pakistan..

Indian can claim Kashmir on the following Grounds
1) It was Hindu ruler in Kashmir when partition took place therefore Kashmir should be part of India

PAKISTAN’S OBJECTION
When British occupied Indo-Pak, it was Muslim rule so if India claims Kashmir on the above base then whole Indo-Pak should be under Muslim rule.

Pakistan claim Kashmir on following grounds
1) When partition took place it was decided that Pakistan will be formed from the majority Muslim part of British territory, and India from the majority Hindu part. According to that formula Kashmir is part of Pakistan.

2) Kashmir was one of many princely states in India. Under the Partition Plan in 1947, these states were free to join either India or Pakistan.

3) The Governor General of India, Lord Mountbatten, made it clear that this decision would be made final only when the people of Kashmir vote in a plebiscite or referendum on the matter. India accepted this position but has never allowed such referendum to take place.

4) The United nations passed three resolutions calling for a plebiscite to be held but India ignored such calls. Many believe that India refuses to hold a plebiscite for fear that the majority of Kashmiris would vote to join Pakistan.

5) The United Nations has issued resolutions calling for a referendum to decide Kashmir's fate, but India has ignored them. The majority would

Indian Objection
Indian objection is not more than blaa blaa blaa…or Kashmir is india’s atoot-ang.

I think Pakistan is in better position to claim Kashmir as a part of Pakistan and Indian hold over Kashmir is illegal. Many Indian says they respect International Law (UNO) then why they don’t accept the UNO resolutions, do they have any answer? I don’t think so, their answer would be no more then blaa blaa blaa.

- naam_thegreat - 08-19-2005

kashmir is part of india coz that RAJA sold it and we should now ethically accept it that its part of india.

~O~N~E~

- sajjad_dar2000 - 08-19-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by naam_thegreat</i>
<br />kashmir is part of india coz that RAJA sold it and we should now ethically accept it that its part of india.

~O~N~E~
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

OK...if i sale your house to third party , will you say that your house has been sold to third party?.....

Kashmir is Land of Kashmiri not Maharaja ho sold it to india.

- CBPian - 08-19-2005

Although we may be on a higher moral ground as far as the argument is concerned; the ground realities are that the world and india wont like us to take it (nobody wants to reshape borders).
in the end we must leave it to kashmiris to decide what they want and not be too passionate about it.. too much blood has been lost without any achievement.

===========================================
http//s4.invisionfree.com/AccountingWorld/

- Goodman - 08-19-2005

All six units of Kashmir go independent to form one unit and India, China and Pakistan guarantee the independent Kashmir.

- naam_thegreat - 08-19-2005

maharaja ki property thi woh and he had the documents for it uss ki jageer thi wahan jo bhi abadi thi woh uss ki zameen per abad thi he had full right to sell it. And u better not get personal its a general forum everybody has full right to express whatever he/she likes u must have atleast that much courage...

~O~N~E~

- abdulmajid - 08-20-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by naam_thegreat</i>
<br /> And u better not get personal its a general forum everybody has full right to express whatever he/she likes u must have atleast that much courage...

~O~N~E~
who is stopping you from expressing what you like?
btw. your ideas are funny. I laughed a little too, when I read them.
people often say things, that they are not fully aware of.

wa la salam!!, wa la kalam!!

- naam_thegreat - 08-20-2005

yar chalo kisi ko tu hansi ayeeeee dekhna kaheen maar hee na jao hans hans kay joa dunya main aur bhi kaam hain kernay ko hansnay kay siwa woh karo...

~O~N~E~

- sajjad_dar2000 - 08-22-2005

<br />maharaja ki property thi woh and he had the documents for it uss ki jageer thi wahan jo bhi abadi thi woh uss ki zameen per abad thi he had full right to sell it. And u better not get personal its a general forum everybody has full right to express whatever he/she likes u must have atleast that much courage...

~O~N~E~

naam,
what a silly answer...
Listen pal, in Great Britain queen is owner of all land in the kingdom (UK) and based on your theory Queen can sell UK to anybody (which don’t make sense). There is nobody who is owner of whole country. Raja bought the title of King not the land because land is belong to Kashmiri people.

Yes! In UK Queen is owner of whole land but just in theory therefore Queen cant sell the UK.

Anyway in UNO it was decided that Kashmiri will decide for their fate so Indian should respect the resolution of UNO and let the Kashmir people decide that what they want.

- naam_thegreat - 08-23-2005

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! indians should keep it...

~O~N~E~

- sajjad_dar2000 - 08-23-2005

<br />naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! indians should keep it...

~O~N~E~

listen indian chamchay! we dont need your advice on Kashmir issue

- naam_thegreat - 08-23-2005

but still kashmir is part of india and it will remain that way....take a chill pill and accept the reality!

~O~N~E~

- Pracs - 08-26-2005

<br />but still kashmir is part of india and it will remain that way....take a chill pill and accept the reality!

~O~N~E~

Make up your mind if you are stating ground realities or your own childish half baked hearsey ! Better read half a decent history book to understand what the reality of Kashmir and the partition plan of 1946 is ! It may be a joke to you but for the people of Kashmir it is a matter of life and death. Its their lives, their sons killed, daughter raped and their lives hijacked by the Indian security forces.

I think you better stay of this topic until you ''teeth'' properly and learn to speak coherent sentences that make some sense and are atleast logical.

We have fought two full wars and the last covert war in Kargil brought down a government in Pakistan, almost killed the Army chief and sent one politican out to Jeddah. Hundreds of officers and jawans died in that war.

Please think before you speak and think think think before you post some thing.

Make some sense kid, I understand that you don't care or think much about what you post, but some matters are important to the heart and mind of a lot of people. Don't offend them by your irresponsible goonish remarks. Its no laughing matter.

- peshaweri - 08-27-2005

Mr. Sajjad,
The Queen of UK did not purchased the land but the Maharaja Family puchased the land from the then Government for 700000 Nanuk Shahi at that time. So they had the right to sell the property to anybody. At that time it was there property and they have disposed off according to their wishes.
Cheers
Wisal

Yousafzai

- sajjad_dar2000 - 08-27-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by peshaweri</i>
<br />Mr. Sajjad,
The Queen of UK did not purchased the land but the Maharaja Family puchased the land from the then Government for 700000 Nanuk Shahi at that time. So they had the right to sell the property to anybody. At that time it was there property and they have disposed off according to their wishes.
Cheers
Wisal

Yousafzai

what a funny answer...somebody said true 'there is no shortage of fools in pakistan'

listen Mr peshawri, how could a government can be the owner of country? government is only a public servant not the owner of land/ country. i do accept that maharaja bought the land but that sale/purchase was against the law. i think i can describe the proceed of Kashmir land between government and maharaja as jiss ki lathi uss ki bains...

how could a government can sell their country to somebody else???????????????????? haan tell me? did the government bought the land from Kashmiri People? if so than give me some evidence...how the people of whole country (Kashmir) sold all their land to government?

and one more thing according to the UNO resolution it was decided that Kashmiri people will decide for their fate and indians accepted this proposal. therefore now it is immaterial to say maharaja bought land from government and he sold it to india...and for your information india went to UNO not pakistan.

and i think Queen of UK is in better position caz constitution entitle his as a owner of whole country/land and it is immaterial that whether or not she bought the land.

use your sence, using your sence will not cost you anything.....

Sajjad Dar