Accountancy Forum
help confused in economics mod "a" - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: help confused in economics mod "a" (/showthread.php?tid=2390)

help confused in economics mod "a" - zainahmed - 08-27-2005

hi
anybody can help me in Module "A" economics i am very confused what to do? do ihave to make notes? and if yes for which topics? and do i have to make it like in the intermediate we make i mean to say like gives lots of headings etc i dont understand how to study and prepare myself for the exams plz help me and plz tell in details i will be very GLAD
thanks
bye

- noman - 08-27-2005

if you are giving papers this autumn....you are a little late in asking....

you need memorize headings in the area of macro and finance....
abt micro you should have knowledge of graphs,schedules and a little explanation....never try to explain too much in paper...

economics prep has two things..
1-in micro you should have concepts,and clear picture of graphs in your mind.
2-in macro need some headings...like monetary,fiscal policy ,taxes etc.also try to read economic news...
3-finance you need to know the situation of stock exchange,and the various terms used...

- mobin - 08-27-2005

Its all about concept brother !! though there r some areas in macro and fin where u can learn the headings but still i prefer to make ur concept clear first and then try to learn it !!
One thing which is most important for u is that u must only not study the syllabus but also must be aware of the surrounding economic environment!!
The examiner will definitely ask in one question or two which depend on ur general knowledge and if u answered them correclty than u have great chance to pass the paper !!
So be confident when u attempt the paper plus one thing that always try to mix ur answer i.e dont attempt to answer the question which u dont know in the end means say for instance if there r 10 quest and u know the answer of 5 or 6 very well but not the remaining then u should attempt one question the answer of which u know well and then one which u do not know well
so try to answer alternatively !!
These r my tactics when i faced the paper and got it in the first attempt !!
and remember
IN CASE OF ANY DIFFICULTY THE FIRST CASUALTYIS COOMON SENSE
so plz dont loose it when solving the paper !!!!!!!!!!
God bless u !!

The difference between dreams and accomplishment is purly desire

- zainahmed - 08-27-2005

hi
thanks guys it was very good info
but my one question do ihave to prepare notes or do i have to just study and understand and iam using study text "pbp"
my paper is not now it will be next year in march INSHALLAH i was just asking now so i can ready what to do and what to prepare cause i am very affraid of this subject and i am very nervous help me and tell me more plz
thanks bye

- shahzad - 08-27-2005

if ur paper is in next year,, prepare short summary notes,, these will be useful for u in end revision