Accountancy Forum
Summer Internships in Accounting Firms - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Summer Internships in Accounting Firms (/showthread.php?tid=2553)

Summer Internships in Accounting Firms - jade77 - 10-13-2005

Salaams,
I'm currently studying for the CPA examination in the US. Does anyone know if accounting firms in karachi hire summer interns...interns who aren't pursuing the ACCA examination or the CA one. I haven't given my CPA exam yet...but am one course short of completing the requirements to sit for the exam.
How do I go about looking for a short-term intership/articleship (whatever else you guys call it there) in karachi?
Thanks in advance

- Pracs - 10-13-2005

Yes Jade most of the large accounting firms hire interns all around the year, mostly for a 3 month period. It is referred to as Internship in Pakistan. I think the best way is to start writing to the Big 4 along with some references from Uni etc.

Infact some of forum members trainees or employees with firms in Karachi could arrange some thing for you, hey guys !

meanwhile vist web sites for address and contact persons.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- jade77 - 10-14-2005

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of other queries too...
I've taken all my accounting classes here, all accounting principles conform to GAAP. And the business law and taxation classes again conform to the UCC code and the (really complicated crappy)IRS standards.
Where do i stand with this kind of knowledge? I mean, won't firms want to hire ACCA or CA students instead of me?
Also, what kind of references do I need to get?
Thanks again for any advice.

- Pracs - 10-14-2005

Well ideally they would, but then again you wish to intern only for the summer, and these positions are usually unpaid !! with some travel expenses re imbursed. The fact that you are not familiar with IFRS and local law and tax would not be detrimental at this stage, bear in mind you will be expected to do some of the lower level number crunching to begin with.

- Zara Anwar - 10-16-2005

I just joined Ferguson, it has nearly been 2 weeks since i have joined and all i have done is casting, photocopying, corrections, comparing, wandering, chatting and most of the time i sat idle. i could definitely have done something for u if i had a say in this important matter. by the way how long does summer comprise, 2 months? i agree with Pracs, ur first month may go by doing clerical work, that is how it happens in these firms.

- fahim239 - 10-24-2005

hello everybody!

Ms Zara Anwar where have u joined Ferguson(isb,lhr or khi) and after CA Inter or What?

i had submitted my CV to The 3 firms after Inter exam but they havent responded as yet!

«•´`•.(*•.¸(`•.¸ ¸.•´)¸.•*).•´`•»
«................. Fahim .................»
«•´`•.(¸.•*(¸.•´ `•.¸)*•.¸).•´`•»

- Umer abdul aziz - 12-23-2010

Salam.
My name is Umer Aziz.
I have recently ended with my A levels.
I am looking forward towards a career in accountancy.
I have decided to do CA. Would it be better starting with ACCA and then completing CA.?
OR directly into the main stream i.e the modular thing?
I wish to do in the least of time. and also want to go abriad.
Can anyone help me in this matter.
Assiatance will be highly appreciated.

- venatic - 12-25-2010

I think u should start with ACCA.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Umer abdul aziz</i>
<br />Salam.
My name is Umer Aziz.
I have recently ended with my A levels.
I am looking forward towards a career in accountancy.
I have decided to do CA. Would it be better starting with ACCA and then completing CA.?
OR directly into the main stream i.e the modular thing?
I wish to do in the least of time. and also want to go abriad.
Can anyone help me in this matter.
Assiatance will be highly appreciated.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">